Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Whitworth named all pro
(01-07-2018, 12:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So if I offered you a job with a longer contract and more guaranteed money to work in Los Angeles you would prefer a one year contract for less guaranteed money to work in Cincinnati?

If I was single or didn't have kids, I would make the move.  In Whit's case, no I don't. If I've made the money he has, and my family is set for life, there is no way I uproot my kids and tear them away from their school and their friends to make a few million more at the tail end of my career.  Besides which, there's a lot of cost in moving cross country, and the cost of living is way higher in LA.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 10:04 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: But he didn’t get his first victory which I find very amusing. I agree Whit being very good and the Bengals missed him. However during his first two years of his career he refused to play anything other than left tackle regardless what the team needs were at the time. I always thought Whit only did this because of his future salary for up coming contract negotiations. That has never sat well with me and I still have the opinion Whit is more me first than team oriented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeha, that's why he started at LG for his entire second season?

Stop this crap, its a crock of shit. He played LG for half the year in '13, when his contract was up the following year, so I don't know where the hell that came from.

Anthony Collins, on the other hand, was a little POS that refused to play G.

EDIT: And further to that, your other post has absolutely 0 backup or evidence.

Quit while you're (somewhat) ahead.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:19 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The Bengals wanted him to play guard his first two years and he wouldn’t.  This in the hell I am talking about.  Many times the team wanted him to move to guard and he wouldn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put the pipe down.

He did play guard.

He played guard his first three seasons.

He was moved to LT full time when Levi Jones was released at the conclusion of the 2009 rookie mini-camp.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 01:22 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Only dumb because the team was clear they had every intention of paying both.  They made it clear they would cut people if necessary to clear space to re-sign both Kirkpatrick and Whitworth.

For the umteenth time, Whitworth did not leave because of the money.  He left because he was mad the team allowed him to go to free agency in the first place.  To him that meant the team was not serious about him being in their future plans, otherwise they would have re-upped before the contract expired.

If people remember, he kind of threw a hissy fit the year we took CO and Fish in the 1st two rounds, and his statement was something like "That's ok, but they aren't going to play".... which is fine, I'm glad he is that competitive, but he was pissed the team was looking down the road....
Reply/Quote
Sorry Whit. Just like when you were on the Bengals....one and done.
Reply/Quote
 why is this post not in around the nfl or whatever? he does NOT play for the Bengals anymore and his actions with the rams have no bearing on wht the Bengals do. Do we miss him? Yes. We have an owner who is a buffoon! But it goes elsewhere!

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 06:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If people remember, he kind of threw a hissy fit the year we took CO and Fish in the 1st two rounds, and his statement was something like "That's ok, but they aren't going to play".... which is fine, I'm glad he is that competitive, but he was pissed the team was looking down the road....

So was i, the window was closing and it was time to play for now.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Do not blame Whit one bit for taking the 3 year deal.

Bengals had already brought in his replacement. So 1 year probably meant just 1 year.

Could have tagged him (another slight) but did not.

Bengals were on decline and Rams were making moves to get better.

He made the right decision.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:45 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This may literally be the dumbest post I've seen on this board. Any CB could have played as poor as Dre while adding depth. We let a quality player go that weakened an already weak line, but hey we have a lot of average corners. Wtf

Sarcasms - the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 04:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: If I was single or didn't have kids, I would make the move.  In Whit's case, no I don't. If I've made the money he has, and my family is set for life, there is no way I uproot my kids and tear them away from their school and their friends to make a few million more at the tail end of my career.  Besides which, there's a lot of cost in moving cross country, and the cost of living is way higher in LA.  

You're right. With the cost of the move and the higher cost of living in a better location, I'm sure that few million more wouldn't go very far.

If I was married and had kids (I am), I'd get my family out of SW Ohio as fast as possible. (I spent my first 18 years on Earth plotting my escape.)
Reply/Quote