Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andrew Whitworth open to returning to Cincy if it doesn't work out with the Rams
(02-23-2020, 12:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That was done because we had a great incumbent at LT who he was not going to beat out, and Whit was too good to not be on the field.  He was better than the other candidates at LG.

If Williams is not better at LG than Jordan or Price, you can't put him in there as you are downgrading the line.

You think Jordan or Price are better Olineman than Williams?
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2020, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Many fans seem to gloss over bright spots like Vigil's turn for the better, when the team is losing.  It becomes too easy to just let the negative energy flow, when in fact, these guys are professionals doing all that they can to help the team win and improve their own performances.

This. Vigil got a whole lot better paired with Pratt.    He's not gonna be an expensive re-sign so get it done.  No need to create even more holes in one of our problem areas.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 12:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: That was done because we had a great incumbent at LT who he was not going to beat out, and Whit was too good to not be on the field.  He was better than the other candidates at LG.

If Williams is not better at LG than Jordan or Price, you can't put him in there as you are downgrading the line.

(02-23-2020, 05:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: You think Jordan or Price are better Olineman than Williams?

I realize that you were responding to jfk's post, but he was responding to mine, so I don't feel like I'm stepping on his toes by responding here.  I don't think that he's trying to say that Jordan or Price are better than Williams, as he was simply using it as an analogy to when Whitworth played Guard when Levi was strong at LT.

The goal is, and always should be, to put the best 5 OL that you have available on the field together.  If that means we sign Whitworth back to the team, and Williams can't beat him out for the LT job, then you plug Williams in at LG providing he beats out the other challengers for the spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2020, 06:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I realize that you were responding to jfk's post, but he was responding to mine, so I don't feel like I'm stepping on his toes by responding here.  I don't think that he's trying to say that Jordan or Price are better than Williams, as he was simply using it as an analogy to when Whitworth played Guard when Levi was strong at LT.

The goal is, and always should be, to put the best 5 OL that you have available on the field together.  If that means we sign Whitworth back to the team, and Williams can't beat him out for the LT job, then you plug Williams in at LG providing he beats out the other challengers for the spot.

This^^^
Reply/Quote
Yeah, you put the best 5 Lineman on the field regardless of where they play. Jonah would beat out Jordan and Price
at LG anyways pretty damn sure. Still all for bringing back Whit, as I said earlier, he would be worth it on leadership
alone. I don't care if he plays at LG or LT, but I do think a move back to LG would help him last longer in the League.
Reply/Quote
Looks like the Rams are going to do their best to retain Whit

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/26/rams-pretty-confident-theyll-re-sign-andrew-whitworth/

Bad o-line draft picks and letting him go set the Bengals front line back years. Let's hope Williams is the next Whitworth.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 07:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Looks like the Rams are going to do their best to retain Whit

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/26/rams-pretty-confident-theyll-re-sign-andrew-whitworth/

Bad o-line draft picks and letting him go set the Bengals front line back years.  Let's hope Williams is the next Whitworth.

Damn. True that George, have to hope Jonah be the man.

Think we need someone much younger than Whit here in FA but he was one of my Bengal faves and wanted him to retire here.

Lets go get Graham Glasgow to play Guard for us. Let him be on same team as his bro.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 07:39 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Looks like the Rams are going to do their best to retain Whit

Bad o-line draft picks and letting him go set the Bengals front line back years.  Let's hope Williams is the next Whitworth.

Agreed...and we were pretty confident we would sign him three years ago.... Ninja

On the same page, "Why did Burrow change his tone about the Bengals"?  God, Florio's rag is such toilet paper.  He can't even admit when he's just manufactured his drama...no wonder he likes Piggy. 
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2020, 04:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, you put the best 5 Lineman on the field regardless of where they play. Jonah would beat out Jordan and Price
at LG anyways pretty damn sure. Still all for bringing back Whit, as I said earlier, he would be worth it on leadership
alone. I don't care if he plays at LG or LT, but I do think a move back to LG would help him last longer in the League.

its all about what whit feels hes still worth even closer to 40 now.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2020, 06:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He would be worth it on leadership alone.

I was thinking the same thing. Whit is a great leader and role model for the younger guys plus he can still play. One of the real Bengal greats. Would love to have him back.
Reply/Quote