Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton 2014 HIghlights
(05-28-2015, 05:16 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Watching that video reminded me of how much better Dalton's deep ball was in the beginning of the season. He pout the ball into some tight windows and gave his players a way to make plays. There was good placement and good pocket awareness. The beginning of the season Dalton was on fire. Then his mechanics were broken down like they were in his rookie season. Not sure when that switch happened, but ti's sad the coaches weren't able to fix it.

Maybe they should fly in Tom House after games like that  Ninja

Or maybe he needs to sit earlier in a game gone south. It is amazing to watch the highlights though. Not just the deep balls but so much excellent, instinctive play. He has that in him. But then he starts lofting balls early in games when he is excited or just not being on the same page with the team.

Some of it is kind of Favre-esque really. Especially after seeing some shovel passes in the highlights.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:10 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Andy's best 2014 highlights...

Ninja

Beat me to it.
Reply/Quote
While Dalton might not be the second Manning/Brady/Rodgers. He is not that bad.

Dont know what happened last year, but he started the season pretty well, throwing good passes.
Then suddenly he started throwing like crap.

I'm looking forward to see what a lineup with Green, Jones, Eifert with Hill and Gio as RBs might do.
Really exited about Eifert, before injury last year, they seemed to hook up great ( The few minutes we got to see in the Balt game )
Reply/Quote
It's a shame we lost that Pat's game. He was really showing good for once on national tv. I couldn't go back and watch that game over the offseason cause I was so ticked I deleted it that night (like the Cleveland game). The highlights were a reminder of how well he did pay.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Raggedy doesnt need a toss mechanic. He needs to spend a couple of nights in the woods without hair gel and maybe come back for some hypogonadism treatment. His pocket presence screams low T.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:41 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I would just like to see them attempt a play action pass.

Agreed, and especially now that the running game has become a threat.

Ditto the TE screen that even with Gresham's bumbling was good for 10 yards EVERY TIME they ran it....which was about 5 times all season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 09:10 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Andy's best 2014 highlights...

Ninja

That game is the one that I remember most from last year. It was so bad that 5 good games couldn't make up for it. He should have been benched, except that our backup QBs have been even worse.

Reply/Quote
I thought it was funny how his one highlight from the Thurs night CLE game was a scramble out of bounds.
Reply/Quote
Here is a video someone made highlighting the best parts of Andy in the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/cxQMLCtoi_w
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 12:33 PM)GodFather Wrote: Here is a video someone made highlighting the best parts of Andy in the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/cxQMLCtoi_w

Nice! An all inclusive video that doesn't appear to have left anything out.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 08:27 AM)Beaker Wrote: I thought it was funny how his one highlight from the Thurs night CLE game was a scramble out of bounds.

A game with only 10 pass completions, 28 incompletions and 3 INTs makes for slim pickin's for the editor when he's trying to showcase the QB. It probably came down to either Dalton running out of bounds or Dalton handing the ball off to a RB.

Reply/Quote