Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton Deserves Some Credit
Since the change at OC to a coordinator that knows his rectum from a hole in the ground, Dalton has completed an astonishing 80% completion percentage (46/57) for 498 yards (and they really called off the dogs midway through yesterday's 3rd quarter) with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

People will say "It is the Browns", but other QBs hadn't done that well against them this season, and Dalton is still struggling with a lack of weapons.

He deserves some credit for these last two games. Maybe just 1% relative to the crap he took for the first two...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
And, he's doing that while holding up to constant pressure from a struggling Oline....
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And, he's doing that while holding up to constant pressure from a struggling Oline....

I have said it once, and I will say it again...When he is kept clean, he picks teams apart.  You don't have an 80% completion % by luck.  Nor do you get 6 TDs and 0 INTs.
Reply/Quote
I thought we were all in agreement with a good OC Dalton is a fine QB. Something happened at the start of the season and people went back to their original sides on Dalton (they could barely hold their glee when he struggled). Hopefully we can all agree again what he is capable of doing with a decent OC. I think it's proven we can win with him with one.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Since the change at OC to a coordinator that knows his rectum from a hole in the ground, Dalton has completed an astonishing 80% completion percentage (46/57) for 498 yards (and they really called off the dogs midway through yesterday's 3rd quarter) with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

People will say "It is the Browns", but other QBs hadn't done that well against them this season, and Dalton is still struggling with a lack of weapons.  

He deserves some credit for these last two games.  Maybe just 1% relative to the crap he took for the first two...

Absolutely

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have said it once, and I will say it again...When he is kept clean, he picks teams apart.  You don't have an 80% completion % by luck.  Nor do you get 6 TDs and 0 INTs.
This
(10-02-2017, 09:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought we were all in agreement with a good OC Dalton is a fine QB. Something happened at the start of the season and people went back to their original sides on Dalton (they could barely hold their glee when he struggled). Hopefully we can all agree again what he is capable of doing with a decent OC. I think it's proven we can win with him with one.

and this too

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 08:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Since the change at OC to a coordinator that knows his rectum from a hole in the ground, Dalton has completed an astonishing 80% completion percentage (46/57) for 498 yards (and they really called off the dogs midway through yesterday's 3rd quarter) with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

He deserves some credit for these last two games.  Maybe just 1% relative to the crap he took for the first two...

I watched some of Pig Pen's drop backs during the Pitt/Baltimore game, wow does his line do a good job!  He moves a little within the pocket but the spacing they create is incredible.

Just wish Dalton had this kind of time, and better yet, the line could open running lanes like the Pitt OL.  It has to be coaching.  I know our talent is not that of Pitt but just watching some of the schemes is mind boggling.  There were plays where our OL were looking around for like they didn't know what they were doing while a defender was running free through the line.  Sorry but that is coaching.  Alexander should be next on the chopping block.  Got to keep improving and that is one are that needs it badly.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is an above average QB. Not great. Not bad.

As such, he'll have 2-3 great games a year. 10-11 average to above average games. 2-3 really bad games.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have said it once, and I will say it again...When he is kept clean, he picks teams apart.  You don't have an 80% completion % by luck.  Nor do you get 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

He's actually one of the best QB's in the league when under pressure. Most of his mistakes this year have happened when there wasn't pressure, but he thought there was going to be. Basically, he just needs to not think about the pressure and just assume there's going to be a hit right after he releases the ball.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought we were all in agreement with a good OC Dalton is a fine QB. Something happened at the start of the season and people went back to their original sides on Dalton (they could barely hold their glee when he struggled). Hopefully we can all agree again what he is capable of doing with a decent OC. I think it's proven we can win with him with one.

I thought we were all in agreement that no QB past, present, or future could be any good behind our Oline. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Great for Andy.

If he has time to throw he is a good QB.

I did not watch the game yesterday. Was Bodine getting thrown back in his face and how did the tackles perform.

Let's see what happens against the Bills and on the road in Pittsburgh.

Browns are pathetic and not a good test.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:08 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Great for Andy.

I did not watch the game yesterday. Was Bodine getting thrown back in his face and how did the tackles perform.

The OL looked bad like normal.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 11:08 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Great for Andy.

Browns defense is actually not pathetic.  They were in every game this year, and one of the scores from pitt came on a blocked punt for a TD.  They were missing a few pieces, and like the ratbirds, their depth is paper thin.  

Dalton led the team in rushing, if that tells you anything about the line.

Bodine's shining moment came when he was blocking (!) downfield on Gio's screen TD.  He awkwardly grabbed the head and facemask of a would be tackler and, with arms fully extended, flung him down.  I was certain it was going to come back as a penalty and I have no idea how they missed it. 
Reply/Quote

No doubt brother.

Dude is playing great and doing this with poor O-line play. Loved the play from him yesterday when Bodine had that
shitty low snap and Dalton didn't panic, grabbed to ball, moved to the left and hit Kroft. This is what i was wanting to
see from Dalton to see him take that next step to becoming elite.

Rodgers and Brady don't panic. If Dalton can try and stay poised and step into the pass regardless of pressure he can
be that QB we have always wanted. Lazor has really helped Dalton's confidence it seems.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:18 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I watched some of Pig Pen's drop backs during the Pitt/Baltimore game, wow does his line do a good job!  He moves a little within the pocket but the spacing they create is incredible.

Just wish Dalton had this kind of time, and better yet, the line could open running lanes like the Pitt OL.  It has to be coaching.  I know our talent is not that of Pitt but just watching some of the schemes is mind boggling.  There were plays where our OL were looking around for like they didn't know what they were doing while a defender was running free through the line.  Sorry but that is coaching.  Alexander should be next on the chopping block.  Got to keep improving and that is one are that needs it badly.

You're very observant. It's a totally different technique taught in Pittsburgh which includes lots of uncalled holding.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Browns defense is actually not pathetic.  They were in every game this year, and one of the scores from pitt came on a blocked punt for a TD.  They were missing a few pieces, and like the ratbirds, their depth is paper thin.  

Dalton led the team in rushing, if that tells you anything about the line.

Bodine's shining moment came when he was blocking (!) downfield on Gio's screen TD.  He awkwardly grabbed the head and facemask of a would be tackler and, with arms fully extended, flung him down.  I was certain it was going to come back as a penalty and I have no idea how they missed it. 

I only watched the highlites lastnight and I was thinking, look at Bodine and Johnson out front of Gio. Then I saw the defender coming and Bodine grab him and swing him down. I was laughing hard because I couldn't believe we did get flagged for it!! Only in Cleveland!!
Reply/Quote
That's what they always preach !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 02:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Bodine's shining moment came when he was blocking (!) downfield on Gio's screen TD.  He awkwardly grabbed the head and facemask of a would be tackler and, with arms fully extended, flung him down.  I was certain it was going to come back as a penalty and I have no idea how they missed it. 

The refs were concentrating on Burfict  sitting down on the sideline. Sad
Reply/Quote
Dalton is good when his first read is open and he can get into a rhythm. It's when they ask him to be something that he is not that he struggles. He is good at the line (minus a few plays against GB) and throws short and intermediate quick passes. He struggles with the deep ball and in salvaging plays when the protection breaks down. Management not ensuring the O-line was at least decent is what is hurting Dalton.

I think most fans can see his strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately MB and ML didnt really build the team around his strengths this last off season.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought we were all in agreement that no QB past, present, or future could be any good behind our Oline. 

This. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote