Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are we back to the Bungles?
(01-03-2018, 02:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This board is hilarious at times.

After we fired Lazor, we went 7-7.

Is that great? No, but it's also not like we're back in the 90s.

We were two games out of the playoffs, with four games being decided by four points or less.

Is that great? No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back? Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

We have a quality team that we can build through the draft and maybe even free agency, and then we can make a run at a playoff run.

We have a talented core and we just beat a good Ravens team that was playing for their season.

The problem is, yeah we might go 12-4 next year but Marvin will find another way to lose in the post season, if we’re that lucky. We’ll get sweeped by the Steelers AGAIN and lose to a wild card team AT BEST.

THATS the reason people mailed it in already. We’ve read this story for 15 years. If you don’t know the plot by now you never will.

Again, hope I’m wrong. But the realist in me won’t let me get my hopes up
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: The problem is, yeah we might go 12-4 next year but Marvin will find another way to lose in the post season, if we’re that lucky.  We’ll get sweeped by the Steelers AGAIN and lose to a wild card team AT BEST.

THATS the reason people mailed it in already.  We’ve read this story for 15 years.  If you don’t know the plot by now you never will.

Again, hope I’m wrong.  But the realist in me won’t let me get my hopes up

The Endless Deja Vu.  Round and round we go, like a tourist stuck on a Boston rotary.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I think a replacement level head coach could've had this team at 9-7, 10-6. We probably win the Texans game, the Green Bay game, the Steelers game at home, and maybe has the team ready to play against the Bears, and right now we're talking about a playoff matchup at Jacksonville or at KC. That's why I'm not happy with 7-9 because knowing what we know now it's an underachievement.

They gained a level of competency where we're no longer 3-13 so regular seasons got more fun, but losing in the wildcard round 7 times and holding the title of "longest drought since winning a playoff game" is more embarrassing in its own way. Like, how the eff is it possible that Los Angeles Raiders, Houston Oilers, pre-move Cleveland Browns all have more recent playoff wins than us? We are the bungles and I'll fight any fan outside of Bengals fans who call us that.
Reply/Quote

Is that great?  No, but it's also not like we're back in the 90s.  

We were two games out of the playoffs, with four games being decided by four points or less.

Is that great?  No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back?  Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

We have a quality team that we can build through the draft and maybe even free agency, and then we can make a run at a playoff run.

We have a talented core and we just beat a good Ravens team that was playing for their season.

Marvin is that you?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: The other Ohio team went 1-16 in 2016 and 0-16 in 2017. Yet the Bengals are the laughing stock of the league today.

We are who they said we were. The Bungles. Nothing has changed. This generation is seeing what many of us saw in this inept organization last decade.

Hopefully you guys don't expect our star players (AJ) to magically feel better about this team. He'll be moping around, slumping his shoulders, and half assing it for the final years of his time here. He knows what we know. This team isn't going anywhere, and with Marvins return, the window barely cracked is officially shut.

Everyone knows how this is going to turn out (like we knew how this season would turn out after losing all the talent we have) but Mike Brown and his useless family.

They know it too, they just don't give a shit.  It's sad when people that have no blood or money ties to your business care more about it than you do.  **** Mike Brown.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:19 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: I have some issues with this whole thread.  We go off the charts when our team, the CINCINNATI BENGALS, are called the other “B Word” by other fans or the media.  Yet, here we are perpetrating the same nomenclature readily.

I don’t care if you love or hate Marvin Lewis.  I don’t care if you love or hate Mike Brown.  I don’t care if you love or hate Andy Dalton.  

But, this team is ours.  If you don’t like it, choose another team to follow.  Follow the Vikings, or the Colts.  But, to denigrate the local hometown team tells me more about you, than your name calling tells me about the. Bengals.

Rant Over!

We have earned the right to call these morons whatever we want.  If it quacks like a duck...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 11:42 AM)CanadianBengal Wrote: The Bengals were 7-9 and I cannot believe that was seen as an acceptable outcome before the season begun. Marvin and the coaches were all left on a one year contract for a reason. I assume it was a "show me contract" from Mike Brown. What we saw this year was the same issues that have plagued this team for years. 

-undisciplined play
-becoming unravelled at key times
-poor adjustments at half time
- ultra conservative play calling when in the lead
- sticking with underperforming vets

Even the benefits of this year - the emergence of young players - is overshadowed by organizational failure. WJIII and Dennard emerge however management chose to extend Dre instead of an O-lineman. Cedric and Fisher did not progres. The failure to properly assess their own young players doomed this season. 

The benefits of scoring on later picks gets overshadowed by having top ten pick that not only does not contribute but gets embarrassed publicly by the coach.

Marvin has had time and opportunity to succeed but the team is regressing. Change needed to happen. It is actually unfathomable to me that MB sees this as a smart or positive move. 

This

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:20 PM)McC Wrote: The Endless Deja Vu.  Round and round we go, like a tourist stuck on a Boston rotary.

[Image: 200.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 12:39 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Dan Fouts is the happiest man on earth right now.  He still has the Bengals to kick around.

Fouts should be banned from all Bengals games ,there's no denying he hates us
Reply/Quote

Is that great?  No, but it's also not like we're back in the 90s.  

Is that great?  No, but we have a lot of positive things on this team and a lot we can build on.

Am I happy about Marvin being back?  Of course not, but it's tough to lure quality coaches to this franchise.

Thanks for making sense.  I get so sick of the crying and using the "B" word.  We did not do well this year because we had no O line to speak of.  I believe that was because Mike Brown refused to give up on two poor O Line picks, Ogbuehi and Fisher.  Who is in the playoffs?  The Rams and Whitworth.  We made some bad decisions and paid for them.  If Marvin stayed because he got more control, then I'm fine with it. I think all of this was about finally getting rid of Alexander.  Getting rid of Alexander is huge.   
Reply/Quote
I believe a lot is going to depend on the next few coaching moves. We have a lot of talent and an entire offseason to sure up some weak spots. What we need is some coaching, especially on the OL and the DC also is going to be critical with Guenther going to LA. If we hire a really good DC and a good OL coach, we could be right back in the mix. If we get the next Breshnahan, we're screwed. I would think a good DC would look at our roster and lick his chops. Lets hope we land one. I'm hoping for JDR if he's avail....
Reply/Quote