Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton Opened A Restaurant Near Me!
Question.. Are we all supposed to be impressed with athletes opening restaurants? Restaurants are always risky ventures regardless. It's usually location, capitalization, good food, management and the right people, but suddenly just because someone can throw a football or tackle someone their restaurants are supposed to be great eating establishments.
Color me unimpressed, but so far I'm unimpressed and a few chicken wings is unlikely to change that much any time soon.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I trust the restaurant will stay on brand by offering a good but not great dining affair with a relatively disappointing ending.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: Question.. Are we all supposed to be impressed with athletes opening restaurants? Restaurants are always risky ventures regardless. It's usually location, capitalization, good food, management and the right people, but suddenly just because someone can throw a football or tackle someone their restaurants are supposed to be great eating establishments.
Color me unimpressed, but so far I'm unimpressed and a few chicken wings is unlikely to change that much any time soon.

Seems strange to me that so many people get so excited about CHICKEN WINGS. If you can remember the days when they had a hard time selling wings at Krrgers but now you go on WING night and pay $.75 each and think its a good deal. In reality they should call it 1/2 WING night. Buy the time you buy 12-14 1/2 wings and celery and fries you could eat a steak at Outback
Reply/Quote
I remember a time when wings were a notch below the guts stuffed inside the chicken. Almost everyone just cut them off and didn't bother with the wings, but that was when chickens were chickens and not some big fat bit of livestock with feathers. These beasts we now call chickens are closer to turkeys than chickens ever were. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I trust the restaurant will stay on brand by offering a good but not great dining affair with a relatively disappointing ending.

Looks like a spinoff of Zaxby's, a Christian based chicken tenders chain, here in the South.  However, the font of the menu and marketing seems to put me in mind of Chick-Fil-A, another Christian based chicken sandwich chain, popular here in the South.  I often bring home Zaxby's for game day snacks, as they're open on Sunday, as Chick-Fil-A is not, but it is tough doing battle with a place crowded with dressed up folks fresh out of Church.

If I had to guess, one of those chains decided to create a new franchise in the Midwest.  It's common knowledge that Andy and his wife are devout Christians, so I could easily see Andy being an investor in several stores of a new franchise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Looks like a spinoff of Zaxby's, a Christian based chicken tenders chain, here in the South.  However, the font of the menu and marketing seems to put me in mind of Chick-Fil-A, another Christian based chicken sandwich chain, popular here in the South.  I often bring home Zaxby's for game day snacks, as they're open on Sunday, as Chick-Fil-A is not, but it is tough doing battle with a place crowded with dressed up folks fresh out of Church.

If I had to guess, one of those chains decided to create a new franchise in the Midwest.  It's common knowledge that Andy and his wife are devout Christians, so I could easily see Andy being an investor in several stores of a new franchise.

Yes and in Chick-Fil-A uses cows in their ads that drop the "Eat More Chicken" slogan.

[Image: th?id=OIP.2DighC5PzPWgR0m628U1rwHaGD&pid...=184&h=151]

What would be comical is if someone opened a restaurant called Holy Cow that uses chickens in their ads to push "Eat More Beef".

Not sure if they'd get sued for the parody, but it would be kinda funny.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 03:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I trust the restaurant will stay on brand by offering a good but not great dining affair with a relatively disappointing ending.

The service will be really bad at night too.

I generally don't pile on Andy, but you left that cliche out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 05:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: holy crap catering packs from 10-1,000,000  available..

Who the hell gonna eat 1,000,000 Chicken tenders lol  (not even sure a full PBS could handle that)

you did not ever view mine chicken tender appetite
Reply/Quote
Do they have fresh turnovers?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 07:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I remember a time when wings were a notch below the guts stuffed inside the chicken. Almost everyone just cut them off and didn't bother with the wings, but that was when chickens were chickens and not some big fat bit of livestock with feathers. These beasts we now call chickens are closer to turkeys than chickens ever were. 

I recall getting 10 cent wings back in the early 90s and my ol man telling me chicken wings used to be free for the most part when he was a kid.

Side note, I was eating 10 cent wings 3 years after the Bengals most recent playoff victory. Oof.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2020, 07:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I remember a time when wings were a notch below the guts stuffed inside the chicken. Almost everyone just cut them off and didn't bother with the wings, but that was when chickens were chickens and not some big fat bit of livestock with feathers. These beasts we now call chickens are closer to turkeys than chickens ever were. 

(02-06-2020, 09:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I recall getting 10 cent wings back in the early 90s and my ol man telling me chicken wings used to be free for the most part when he was a kid.

Side note, I was eating 10 cent wings 3 years after the Bengals most recent playoff victory. Oof.

I like me some buffalo wings, in a various assortment of flavors.  However, the price to buy them even to cook at home is rather inflated.  Now, when I want make a game day chicken treat at home, I guy a 10# bag of drumsticks for less than $7.  Beats the hell out of paying $2.70-$3.69/lb for some puny wings.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2020, 05:40 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I didn't realize it but it looks like he and his wife opened a few places all over Cincinnati, but now he just opened one in the Crestview Hills Town Center (Northern Kentucky), which I roll down to all the time because there's a sidewalk connection at the end of my street, so it takes 45 seconds for me to roll there.

Dalton is still part of the team for now, so it will be interesting to see what happens with all of these when he gets traded/released, which looks inevitable.

I normally roll down to Wings and Rings to watch sports, so it will be interesting to see if they have a nice setup for watching sports and what kind of TVs they have.

My brother went down there and said the food is great and then my sister took her son down there and said the same thing, so I'll have to give it a try.

I appreciate everything Dalton did for the team and the city and this is just more of the same with providing jobs and good food for the area!

Here's the website and it's called City Bird Tenders, which it doesn't look like there's much on the menu, but maybe they'll expand it.

This isn’t Andy Daltons restaurant.

It’s part of a large restaurant group. What a weird thing to make up
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2020, 05:15 PM)2020Bengal Wrote:   What a weird thing to make up

Brad makes up all sorts of things, but this seems a little starnge even for him.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brad makes up all sorts of things, but this seems a little starnge even for him.

LOL

After a quick google search the only thing that comes up is this thread, and when Buffalo sent us all the chicken wings. I see nothing about Dalton opening a restaurant.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 03:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

After a quick google search the only thing that comes up is this thread, and when Buffalo sent us all the chicken wings. I see nothing about Dalton opening a restaurant.

Haha. I’ve been on here for a week and the same guy is saying that there are marijuana ‘manufacturers’ who are adding poison to the drug and killing ppl, and also that Andy Dalton is opening fake restaurants. Very odd. But I laughed
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 03:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: After a quick google search the only thing that comes up is this thread, and when Buffalo sent us all the chicken wings. I see nothing about Dalton opening a restaurant.

I got curious and had a look via Google myself.  It does seem an Andy Dalton is a Citybird Franchisee in Crestview Hills from this article. But if those named under "pictured" are correct, I don't think it is the Bengals Andy Dalton.  The Andy Dalton named in the picture as Citybird Franchisee appears to be a different person that happens to have the same name.

https://www.dcchcenter.org/news/480-citybird-helps-change-lives

But if that is the case I can see where hearing Andy Dalton opened a Citybird resturant could lead to a misunderstanding, especially since Crestview Hills is so close to Cincinnati.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Brad makes up all sorts of things, but this seems a little starnge even for him.

(03-07-2020, 04:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I got curious and had a look via Google myself.  It does seem an Andy Dalton is a Citybird Franchisee in Crestview Hills from this article. But if those named under "pictured" are correct, I don't think it is the Bengals Andy Dalton.  The Andy Dalton named in the picture as Citybird Franchisee appears to be a different person that happens to have the same name.

https://www.dcchcenter.org/news/480-citybird-helps-change-lives

But if that is the case I can see where hearing Andy Dalton opened a Citybird resturant could lead to a  misunderstanding, especially since Crestview Hills is so close to Cincinnati.

I apologize to Brad.  I had google searched and could not find anything about Andy Dalton opening any restaurant.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I apologize to Brad.  I had google searched and could not find anything about Andy Dalton opening any restaurant.

Thats because Andy Dalton, the bengals QB, didn’t open this restaurant
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2020, 08:49 PM)2020Bengal Wrote: Thats because Andy Dalton, the bengals QB, didn’t open this restaurant

Right, but Brad didn’t “make it up” or whatever. It was an honest mistake.

Reply/Quote
City Bird isn't that good honestly. Chicken tastes like the cheap type you'd put on a salad.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote