Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton Released
(04-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

I am rooting for him, but time will tell.

So he needs to be in the league MVP race as a rookie?

Shirley, you can't be serious.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is not currently better than Mayfield, Goff, Jones, Minshew, Allen, Foles, or Bridgewater, and Darnold and Haskins have a far higher ceiling. The Chargers just drafted Herbert, so they’re not going to be interested.

Of all the guys you mentioned only JAX and NE (if they cut some players) are potential landing spots for Dalton.

Stop, not one of those guys have the stats Dalton has had.  I would agree Goff is above Andy though.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also, Peters pretty please.

Pray

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Burrow does not throw 40 TD's and 4500 yards in 2020 we drafted the wrong guy. Most talented receivers and running back group in football.

Not to derail the thread, but if Burrow doesn't crush the franchise record for TDs in a season as a rookie he is a bust?
Reply/Quote
Dalton will play somewhere this year. Maybe as a backup or replacement starter. He may not be the best QB, but he took the Bengals to the playoffs multiple years. I still think he'll end up with the Patriots. Hoyer is horrible. Cam is always injured.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:41 AM)spazz70 Wrote: It would be a cap room problem for the Bengals...Not for NE...they know how to get things done and win while doing it.

No it wouldn’t be a Bengals problem. He’s off our books now. Unless he signs for about 1m NE can’t afford him without cutting someone. Their current cap space is 1.7m.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The market was just not there. He might have brought back a single 4th or something, but that’s about it.

Is that a fact?

Were you were working the phones at the trade deadline last year? Were you yourself privately shopping him around the league to GMs throughout the 2019 season?

Where do you get your insider info?  You really should be working for ESPN or The Athletic. There's no reason not to be paid for such inside information.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:43 AM)spazz70 Wrote: And any rookie QB for the simple fact they have never taken a snap in the NFL.

Including Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Including Burrow?

Of course.  That's who the petty little snide remark was aimed at, he being a Burrow hater and all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Glad to see the team keep its word. Regardless of the vitriol sent his way by fans, he deserved it. The writing was on the wall, Bengals were going QB, and no one with any interest was going to bite on a trade. Why would they? Absolutely no logic in doing that.

I think Dalton exceeded expectations, and was a good soldier. Thanks for the time, and especially the charity work Andy. Good luck.

My bets are Jax or NE. Darkhourse would be Vegas.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:47 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You seem to spew tons of misinformation and, even worse, you usually represent it as simple fact.

He was released. His now former contract is void.  His salary and cap hit moving forward is 100% negotiable, and is not at all based on his previous 17.5 mil hit.

I would not look for him to make anywhere past 5 mil per, on a short deal, with very little guaranteed. (For reference, Jaemis Winston just signed for 1.1 mil.)

They can easily find room for him without making "significant cuts" if they choose to.  You're wrong yet again. Shocking, I know.  Rolleyes

You are talking out of your ass as per usual. The Patriots currently have 1.7 million in cap space, so YES they would have to cut someone to make room for Dalton at ANY reasonable price. I never mentioned 17m.

Try again.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:51 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So he needs to be in the league MVP race as a rookie?

Shirley, you can't be serious.

Why not?

Mahommes just did it `st year he started

We are loaded with weapons so no reason for him not to put up huge numbers in this offense

I expect it
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:53 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Stop, not one of those guys have the stats Dalton has had.  I would agree Goff is above Andy though.

The stats Dalton has had (most recently) are 16 TD 14 INT and a 78.3 rating. All of those guys put up better numbers last season. Expect the couple I mentioned in Haskins and Darnold, but they’re young and have a higher ceiling. Their teams are not going to be interested.

Reply/Quote
Thanks Andy.

This is kinda like the end of Toy Story 3 when Andy leaves for college and the toys are kinda sad for minute then immediately get over it.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but if Burrow doesn't crush the franchise record for TDs in a season as a rookie he is a bust?

I never said he would be a bust, I said with these weapons I have high expectations from the Heisman winner and number 1 overall pick

He should not need a learning curve
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Thank you Andy for these years ( some where very good ) and good luck to your new journey.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:55 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Is that a fact?

Were you were working the phones at the trade deadline last year? Were you yourself privately shopping him around the league to GMs throughout the 2019 season?

Where do you get your insider info?  You really should be working for ESPN or The Athletic. There's no reason not to be paid for such inside information.

The burden of proof is on the people that make the claims that the offers were there, not me.

You’re not very good at this are you?

Reply/Quote

Eh....if Joe hits 4k and around 30 TDS with no more than 15 picks, I'd call that a ROUSING success. Rookie of the year type success.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 10:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Unfortunate, but predictable.

We had absolutely no leverage in trade scenarios. That all evaporated after Chicago got Foles.

Now Dalton is basically a veteran back up in the NFL, not a starter.

And no one was going to pay a back up 17.7 million dollars.

I wish him well on his next team. Maybe he can start again if the team's starter is bad.

He gave us a really nice 5 year run in the playoffs. I'm going to miss him as a person in the community.

Andy Dalton will play for the Patriots. Belichik is a smart coach. He knew we would cut him because of cap space and now he will scoop up Andy kn the cheap.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 11:02 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why not?

Mahommes just did it `st year he started

We are loaded with weapons so no reason for him not to put up huge numbers in this offense

I expect it

Mahomes also had Andy Reid. I think ZT can grow into a good or even great coach, but he's no Andy Reid, yet.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote