Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton ain't worth a dime
(03-25-2020, 10:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It would be short lived. They would run Dalton out of town after his first 0 TD 3 Int playoff game.

Dalton making the playoffs after a 2-14 season here would indicate he wasn't in a very good spot here as of late. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 10:59 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton making the playoffs after a 2-14 season here would indicate he wasn't in a very good spot here as of late. 

That NE defense could get Jordan Dalton to the playoffs.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That NE defense could get Jordan Dalton to the playoffs.

Quiet, Burrow might hear us admitting that we don't exactly put QBs in the most advantageous spot if you admit our 2 win starter can make the playoffs elsewhere.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 09:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Makes a lot of sense for the Jags, but sends Andy to probably the worst team in the league.  Poor guy.  

Andy Dalton is already on the worst team in the league.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:10 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Quiet, Burrow might hear us admitting that we don't exactly put QBs in the most advantageous spot if you admit our 2 win starter can make the playoffs elsewhere.  

This is already looking like a different team from last year. That’s all Burrow needs to know.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is already looking like a different team from last year. That’s all Burrow needs to know.

This goes bsck to our rotating blame schedule. 2018 was on the coaches.  2019 was on the players.  Now we go into 2020 with a new QB and free agents so if things go sideways I guess ZT is on the block. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:26 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This goes bsck to our rotating blame schedule. 2018 was on the coaches.  2019 was on the players.  Now we go into 2020 with a new QB and free agents so if things go sideways I guess ZT is on the block. 

If everyone stays healthy and we still suck, I’d say yes, Taylor should be on the hot seat.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If everyone stays healthy and we still suck, I’d say yes, Taylor should be on the hot seat.

Let's agree there and not go back and forth for hours this time. 
Reply/Quote
Andy going to the Jags would mean they draft Trevor Lawrence next year. Smart move by the Jags.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:34 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If everyone stays healthy and we still suck, I’d say yes, Taylor should be on the hot seat.

That's a very good point.  So far Zac Taylor has run a very active and productive off-season with respect to free agency but my concern is he's trying to be head coach, offensive coordinator, and play caller all at once; that's how it appears to me at least.  

Also, I hope no one panics when Joe Burrow struggles at first.  He's going to be fine but there will be some rough patches at the beginning.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 12:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He sucked even worse without Marvin...

But I know, 3rd time is the charm!

Lewis has been gone 1 year, Andy had 1 wr to basically throw to last year. While dodging defenders......... Pretty much has been that way for a couple of years, but hey let's just shit on the guy....... Yawn
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That NE defense could get Jordan Dalton to the playoffs.

Bold statement

We still don't know who starts in NE in 2020, but if not Dalton, we may find out differently.

Time will tell.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 12:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Lewis has been gone 1 year, Andy had 1 wr to basically throw to last year. While dodging defenders......... Pretty much has been that way for a couple of years, but hey let's just shit on the guy....... Yawn

I asked a long time ago for Bengals fans to be classy. AD is gone, fans had years to bash him yet still feel the need for someone reason to bash the Bengals record holder for the QB position. A man who embraced the Cincinnati community unlike CP who did not.

AD is leaving soon, why not wish him well versus continuing to take the pot shots. The same shots the same people made over and over again.

I applaud your post sandwedge and rep for you.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote:  So far Zac Taylor has run a very active and productive off-season with respect to free agency

I don't think ZT is calling the shots in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 01:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think ZT is calling the shots in free agency.

One uninformed guess is as good as another.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 11:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That's a very good point.  So far Zac Taylor has run a very active and productive off-season with respect to free agency but my concern is he's trying to be head coach, offensive coordinator, and play caller all at once; that's how it appears to me at least.  

Also, I hope no one panics when Joe Burrow struggles at first.  He's going to be fine but there will be some rough patches at the beginning.

Could definitely happen with no OTA's and with Taylor calling the plays. We need to adapt our scheme to fit what LSU was doing 
last season so Burrow is completely comfortable. Have to hope either Taylor gets much better at Play Calling or he hands this job
over to Brian Callahan and he is decent. BC seems like a smart guy and this would take a lot off of Taylor's plate so he could just
coach the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 12:24 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: For years fans on this message forum have argued about Andy Dalton.  Some considered him a franchise QB...others thought he was very good but just didn't have the right coach i.e. Marvin. A minority group felt that he wasn't the answer and we needed to move on from him several years ago.  

Now that we will draft a legit franchise altering QB, Dalton is on the block.  A true tell as to his value will be determined. Every team that had a question at QB has decided Dalton isn't worth anything.  Now we sit here and more than likely our supposed excellent QB will be cut.

I still wonder if the people that loved Dalton all these years will continue to make excuses for him, or will they finally come to terms with reality. My guess is the former.

Hope all of you are hanging in there during these difficult times.  Stay safe, wash your hands, and keep your distance.

If he is released how much do you predict he will get paid?
Reply/Quote