Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton ain't worth a dime
Pages and pages of speculation as not 1 person knows with certainty if MB was offered a deal, if so what was the ask or if MB really is going to keep AD and draft Young (which would really blow the great minds in this forum).

Title is a joke.

Dalton will make millions next year and probably for many tears to come from the NFL. So sorry, just a very dumb title by a Dalton hater over the years does not make your wishes come true.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 06:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Pages and pages of speculation as not 1 person knows with certainty if MB was offered a deal, if so what was the ask or if MB really is going to keep AD and draft Young (which would really blow the great minds in this forum).

Title is a joke.

Dalton will make millions next year and probably for many tears to come from the NFL. So sorry, just a very dumb title by a Dalton hater over the years does not make your wishes come true.

I think it’s very likely MB has a price in mind, and we all know he’s not going to cave. No matter how outrageous his expectations are.

I would gladly take a 4th rounder for Dalton at this point, but MB is too much of an old, stubborn fool and will likely wind up cutting Dalton and getting nothing for him.
Reply/Quote
Smh at this forum. People are so ready to bash Dalton any opportunity they can get. Even when when FA and trades just opened up not to long ago they want to act like no one wants him. Its dumb to jump to a conclusion this early, because you have a high chance of looking foolish. Teams might just be waiting for us to cut him, just like they waited for us to cut Glen. None of us knows what's going on with our franchise let alone other ones. Wait and see how this plays out.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 12:24 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: For years fans on this message forum have argued about Andy Dalton.  Some considered him a franchise QB...others thought he was very good but just didn't have the right coach i.e. Marvin. A minority group felt that he wasn't the answer and we needed to move on from him several years ago.  

Now that we will draft a legit franchise altering QB, Dalton is on the block.  A true tell as to his value will be determined. Every team that had a question at QB has decided Dalton isn't worth anything.  Now we sit here and more than likely our supposed excellent QB will be cut.

I still wonder if the people that loved Dalton all these years will continue to make excuses for him, or will they finally come to terms with reality. My guess is the former.

Hope all of you are hanging in there during these difficult times.  Stay safe, wash your hands, and keep your distance.

Bad year to be trying to trade him.
Wanna bet he's offered a contract with in a few hours after being cut (If we have to cut him)?

I don't care much for Andy, but he was good for us for a few years, and I feel he's still got some juice, just that as fans, he has worn out that welcome with us and needs to move to another team for a fresh start.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Smh at this forum. People are so ready to bash Dalton any opportunity they can get. Even when when FA and trades just opened up not to long ago they want to act like no one wants him. Its dumb to jump to a conclusion this early, because you have a high chance of looking foolish. Teams might just be waiting for us to cut him, just like they waited for us to cut Glen. None of us knows what's going on with our franchise let alone other ones. Wait and see how this plays out.

If Dalton is not traded, ends up being cut and he signs with another team... those of us who think Dalton is no longer trade-worthy will look foolish?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 01:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: How many of you rooted for the Bengals to lose simply to get rid of Andy Dalton?  Be honest.

LOL you think fans actually rooted for us to lose?

No one likes to lose, but it happened with this Defense and Offense with/with out Andy at the helm and so it's time. Perfect timing with Burrow as the future. I won't sit here and say it's AD's fault, that Oline has been bad for a while, and last year was more of same, but slowly got better, but to late for AD to stay. In fact, I really don't mind if he finishes his contract and helps Burrow learn the ropes. But that's not in AD's best interest, he wants to play somewhere so he needs to go unless there is no other option.
Reply/Quote
they shoulda taken that 4th round pick from Chicago. Now its time to cut him and move on

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:00 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL you think fans actually rooted for us to lose?

No one likes to lose, but it happened with this Defense and Offense with/with out Andy at the helm and so it's time. Perfect timing with Burrow as the future. I won't sit here and say it's AD's fault, that Oline has been bad for a while, and last year was more of same, but slowly got better, but to late for AD to stay. In fact, I really don't mind if he finishes his contract and helps Burrow learn the ropes. But that's not in AD's best interest, he wants to play somewhere so he needs to go unless there is no other option.

really?  my thinking last year was "what kinda fan wants us to win and keep rolling with this mediocre shitty team"  

So yes I actually wanted them to lose.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 02:31 PM)McC Wrote: To who?  I wish that, just once, when somebody says this that they also say who he should have been traded to.

It's like when my wife keeps saying over and over again, you should have sold that old work van to somebody instead of just junking it.  But honey, nobody wanted the damn thing.  And then she'll say but still, you should have sold it.

Your wife is always right, now stop that arguing with her. Just practice saying it now.
"You right honey, I should've listened to you, I have learned my lesson"
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: If Dalton is not traded, ends up being cut and he signs with another team... those of us who think Dalton is no longer trade-worthy will look foolish?

No, it would make the people who say "Andy Dalton ain't worth a dime" look foolish. Teams know that we're probably going to cut Dalton if we can't trade him, so why not wait? That's what I think a lot of teams are doing. They might value the draft pick Brown is wanting over the ~13 mil extra they would have to spend if they sign him off the street. Teams might be waiting until after the draft to see if they can draft Tau, or Herbert. Maybe they want to take a chance on someone like Love, Fromm, or Eason. To act like Dalton isn't worth anything or doesn't have any trade value before the draft happens is silly and jumping to conclusions. There's still QBs on the market and there's still a draft coming up. A lot can happen in the next couple of months.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 02:59 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Andy Dalton isn’t going to accept staying here even under contract it’ll cause problems so it looks like he’s going to be cut. They should’ve took the Bears 4th but they were too greedy so here we are

How do you know did you ask AD?
Honestly, cutting him now so he can get a contract for half of what he's getting paid now is in his best interests? That's so absurd. Sure he wants to play, but he also wants to be paid.

Think it's possible he didn't want to go there since the bears have already have a starting QB in Mitch? He'd be a $17 Mil backup there, so what's the difference in being one here?
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 06:18 PM)McC Wrote: Endless?  Did any of those teams even want him, which is an often overlooked yet critical element of the shoulda, woulda, coulda traded him narrative?

I remain unconvinced by your vague and completely unsubstantiated examples.  I find it odd that not a single one of those scenarios was ever reported even as a rumor last season in today's world where every conceivable minute possibility is plastered all over the internet.

Maybe when I asked for an actual possible trade destination, you read it as me asking can you pull something out of the air.

You: If it’s on the internet, then it has to be true......

Me: Who told you that?!

You:......the internet.

LOL!
Reply/Quote
This might be a good time to revive the {All things Andy Dalton Mega Thread} ! Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 12:24 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: For years fans on this message forum have argued about Andy Dalton. Some considered him a franchise QB...others thought he was very good but just didn't have the right coach i.e. Marvin. A minority group felt that he wasn't the answer and we needed to move on from him several years ago.

Now that we will draft a legit franchise altering QB, Dalton is on the block. A true tell as to his value will be determined. Every team that had a question at QB has decided Dalton isn't worth anything. Now we sit here and more than likely our supposed excellent QB will be cut.

I still wonder if the people that loved Dalton all these years will continue to make excuses for him, or will they finally come to terms with reality. My guess is the former.

Hope all of you are hanging in there during these difficult times. Stay safe, wash your hands, and keep your distance.

Can you list some of these people that thought Dalton was a Franchise QB? I don’t remember this at all. Most thought that he was a middle of the pack Starting QB, just like he rated pretty much every year. The others that didn’t see that blamed most things on Dalton. Nothing about him said Franchise QB and nothing said scrub either. He’s pretty much a lower 1/3 of the league starter now.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 07:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Smh at this forum. People are so ready to bash Dalton any opportunity they can get. Even when when FA and trades just opened up not to long ago they want to act like no one wants him. Its dumb to jump to a conclusion this early, because you have a high chance of looking foolish. Teams might just be waiting for us to cut him, just like they waited for us to cut Glen. None of us knows what's going on with our franchise let alone other ones. Wait and see how this plays out.

Wait, who signed Glenn??? Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: No, it would make the people who say "Andy Dalton ain't worth a dime" look foolish. Teams know that we're probably going to cut Dalton if we can't trade him, so why not wait? That's what I think a lot of teams are doing. They might value the draft pick Brown is wanting over the ~13 mil extra they would have to spend if they sign him off the street. Teams might be waiting until after the draft to see if they can draft Tau, or Herbert. Maybe they want to take a chance on someone like Love, Fromm, or Eason. To act like Dalton isn't worth anything or doesn't have any trade value before the draft happens is silly and jumping to conclusions. There's still QBs on the market and there's still a draft coming up. A lot can happen in the next couple of months.

I don't believe there's anyone is going to sign Dalton for an extra $13M over his current contract if he's cut. Mostly likely scenario is that he'll be signed for veteran backup money if he's cut. Teams save in two ways, don't have to spend a draft pick and get a cheaper price tag.

Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:38 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I don't believe there's anyone is going to sign Dalton for an extra $13M over his current contract if he's cut. Mostly likely scenario is that he'll be signed for veteran backup money if he's cut. Teams save in two ways, don't have to spend a draft pick and get a cheaper price tag.

I'm just wondering if the Bengals couldn't restructure Dalton's contract that would guarantee him a portion of money, lengthen the deal, and also make him more tradable?

It's not the most ideal situation for either but it could be better than just flat out cutting him.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I'm just wondering if the Bengals couldn't restructure Dalton's contract that would guarantee him a portion of money, lengthen the deal, and also make him more tradable?

It's not the most ideal situation for either but it could be better than just flat out cutting him.

Good question...
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 02:12 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Quite frankly I would have liked for them to get legit coaches seasons ago, before parting with Dalton.

Oh well that "excuses" ship has apparently sailed.

Let's just hope Smokin' Joe doesn't meet the same fate at an earlier rate.

Zac vs Joe here we go!!

Probably would've helped Andy had they decided to spend on FA back when we were making the playoffs regularly... Now they decide to do it?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2020, 08:02 PM)Okeana Wrote: they shoulda taken that 4th round pick from Chicago. Now its time to cut him and move on

Link or it didn’t happen.

Reply/Quote