Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton and the 2011 QB Draft Class
(05-02-2020, 11:30 AM)McC Wrote: Cam did lead his team to a 15-1 record, win the MVP and play in a SB.

And he "dabbed" a lot... Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 09:10 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Regardless, Dalton was the right pick in that draft.  Cam went 1st overall, Dalton in the 2nd.

Based on the expectations and where they were chosen Dalton was obviously the better value.  

Not saying he was a better overall QB because you have to take into account Cam's rushing yards, but he was definitely a better value.  And my guess is Dalton will be able to extend his career much better than Cam moving forward.  Father time is catching up with both and I'm sure that hurts Cam's game more than Dalton's because he relies so heavily on his legs.  Time will tell.

I mean we didn't have the first overall pick in the draft, and we ended up with the second best Quarterback in the draft so that's a win in my opinion. Kaepernick would probably be in the top 2 discussion possibly if he had kept playing, but he's probably making a lot of money not getting hit every Sunday so I guess that's good for him.

Probably put Andy at the top spot for performance plus professionalism. Cam did pretty good up until that Super Bowl season and then his character went out the window like that laptop at Florida.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 01:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Or Kaepernick’s. Or Taylor’s. Those two Newton and Dalton were the best 4 QB’s of the 2011 draft.

And absolutely no one disputed that. But when a QB is a dual threat, and scored 58 TD’s it needs to be mentioned when comparing him to his peers.

Man the Dalton gang is a touchy bunch...

Reply/Quote
I find it interesting that Tyrod Taylor actually has the highest Passer Rating of the bunch
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:30 AM)McC Wrote: Cam did lead his team to a 15-1 record, win the MVP and play in a SB.

Yeah that's pretty much up there with Boomer and Anderson as far as resume highlights go.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 07:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah that's pretty much up there with Boomer and Anderson as far as resume highlights go.

And it puts him head and shoulders above the other QBs in that class.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 07:13 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I find it interesting that Tyrod Taylor actually has the highest Passer Rating of the bunch

It's because he won't throw to a receiver more than ten yards away who isn't wide open.  Some people call that being a good game manager but it is also known as ain't ever taking you anywhere.

Anthony Lynn talking about he's our QB and we believe in him...right up until they drafted the guy to take his job.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I won't argue that Cam is the best QB to come from this class. However, I think Dalton is definitely the second best.
Reply/Quote