Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton, assuming the position..
Yeah, I know, it's the offseason, and folks are looking for any little tidbit about their team that gives them hope for a great year.  And, in this particular case, it seems like we've heard this one before, only when Jay Gruden was still the OC.  Well anyway, Hue Jackson is now singing the praises that Andy Dalton has stepped up, and assumed the leadership role of the team.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/27/8666319/hue-jackson-andy-dalton-has-taken-the-lead?_ga=1.97669846.893907793.1432692459

And, do go bustin' my balls for posting a CJ link.  It is the offseason, and a story is a story. Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'd like to say that this sways me towards Dalton, but we've read stuff like this every offseason since he's been here. Every year we hear how he's becoming more vocal for the team, but it doesn't seem to amount to much.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:14 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd like to say that this sways me towards Dalton, but we've read stuff like this every offseason since he's been here. Every year we hear how he's becoming more vocal for the team, but it doesn't seem to amount to much.

How many times has dalton "improved his leadership" or is "tryin to".

Leadership, you either have it or you don't.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How many times has dalton "improved his leadership" or is "tryin to".

Yeah, I agree.  I just can't see Dalton getting in someone's face and setting them straight when they screw up.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the main part is Hue isn't trying to make Dalton into someone he's not. We heard a lot how Hue was trying to get it into Dalton's head on what he needs to say and do, but that's not Dalton.

He isn't going to give a motivating speech, but he's going to try his hardest and give it all he has. That's Dalton.

I just like that Hue is letting him do his own thing. That's what I'm gaining from this. This is Dalton's team, now go prove it.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How many times has dalton "improved his leadership" or is "tryin to".

(05-28-2015, 04:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, I agree.  I just can't see Dalton getting in someone's face and setting them straight when they screw up.

Getting in someone's face does not necessarily equal leadership. People lead in many different ways. The players on the team have made it clear in their statements that Andy is a leader and that they back him.
Reply/Quote
How I took this is that Dalton is more comfortable under Hue's system and is more vocal about it.

Dalton became more vocal the longer he was in Gruden's system and stepped up ( to where in his 3rd year he broke Franchise Records), when Hue was elevated Dalton stepped back some to get acclimated.

Now in his 2nd year in Hue's system, and with a healthy cast of role players, Dalton is stepping up a bit more.
Reply/Quote
Assuming the position, ha! Be careful with that thread title.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 07:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Assuming the position, ha! Be careful with that thread title.

Every January the whole team assumes the position.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Leadership, you either have it or you don't.

Dunno about Dalton, but LeBron James has definitely developed his leadership skills. So it is at least possible.

Reply/Quote
To me the number one thing Dalton has to fix is his confidence ! You could see it eroding away last season. Perhaps he's regained it and is ready to step up and be the leader. But I'll believe it when I see it. I've seen him hanging his head one to many times to believe he's just suddenly all better.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:34 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Leadership, you either have it or you don't.

Then why do schools, businesses, and the military try to teach it?
Reply/Quote
He needs to improve his arm on the real
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 08:44 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: He needs to improve his arm on the real

His arm is fine he needs to improve his consistency.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 10:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I know, it's the offseason, and folks are looking for any little tidbit about their team that gives them hope for a great year.  And, in this particular case, it seems like we've heard this one before, only when Jay Gruden was still the OC.  Well anyway, Hue Jackson is now singing the praises that Andy Dalton has stepped up, and assumed the leadership role of the team.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/5/27/8666319/hue-jackson-andy-dalton-has-taken-the-lead?_ga=1.97669846.893907793.1432692459

And, do go bustin' my balls for posting a CJ link.  It is the offseason, and a story is a story. Wink

Sorry. Not going to listen to the BS mumbly-goo lip service from coaches this year. Same crap, different year.

Damn man. I can feel the cynicism growing in me daily...  Confused Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2015, 04:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, I agree.  I just can't see Dalton getting in someone's face and setting them straight when they screw up.

I think, the more i watch Boomer in those old Bengals games...the more i realize the Bengals have a QB who is nothing like that.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He's still averaging 10 wins a year so I have a lot of hope for him. He just needs to win in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 12:41 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's still averaging 10 wins a year so I have a lot of hope for him.  He just needs to win in the playoffs.

A lot of those wins are thanks to his supporting cast. If you put an Elite QB on this team with the D we have had in the past, you could be talking about 16-0.
[Image: bey.gif]
Reply/Quote
Andy isn't going to be taken seriously if he doesn't start executing on the field with more consistency and in the big games.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:04 AM)Steeler Eater Wrote: A lot of those wins are thanks to his supporting cast. If you put an Elite QB on this team with the D we have had in the past, you could be talking about 16-0.

No denying you have a point.  There are not a lot of elite QBs though.  I would have like to have seen how Carson would have done throwing to Green if he hadn't pitched a hissy fit and left.  I'll always wonder about that
Reply/Quote