Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton at best against Jets
if Zac don't sac Andy we would have 3 wins...…….but 3 wins gets you suck status in the NFL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mixon only runs for Finley, I guess.

Nah....number one rushing defense in the NFL....IIRC, Lapham said they had given up around 2 YPC over the last few weeks. Nice to see the staff stay with run at key times, and especially late in the 2nd to burn clock.

Speaking of defense, ours is starting to play some pretty decent football. 

With the way we've ran and played D lately....with better blocking to boot....I have ZERO doubt we would be on a 3 game win streak with 14 at QB.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nah....number one rushing defense in the NFL....IIRC, Lapham said they had given up around 2 YPC over the last few weeks. Nice to see the staff stay with run at key times, and especially late in the 2nd to burn clock.

Speaking of defense, ours is starting to play some pretty decent football. 

With the way we've ran and played D lately....with better blocking to boot....I have ZERO doubt we would be on a 3 game win streak with 14 at QB.

Nuh uh!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only a 88.0 rating today, but he still gets the win.

He had 2 TD's dropped, that would have put him at 110+
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He had 2 TD's dropped, that would have put him ay 110+

maybe even 190+, if our calculations be right
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 11:38 AM)jason Wrote: Pfft... Weapons...

Dalton will return to his ways of rushing for TDs if his weapons let him down. He's gonna single handedly will the Bengals to victory, while simultaneously crushing the souls of the NY Jets.

Told y'all...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Wow...something like 351 days without a win! FINALLY!

Interestingly, IF Dalton played against the Raiders and Steelers, and looked like that...we likely have atleast 2 wins, but arguably 3 wins right now.

We likely finish the year with 4 or 5 wins. And management likely views that as a reason to go status quo.

Man...get this team a Tackle in free agency like Conklin and a Guard like Scherff...and ride Mixon.
Reply/Quote
I expect the usual anti-Dalton posters to be "busy around the yard" today and probably for awhile tomorrow before re-hashing their same, tired bullshit.

This team needs to trade down, draft OL, LB and maybe Safety. (Also, keep Finley for now, have him work on his arm strength)
Start Dalton next year, if he fails, THEN you draft your future QB in 2021. But even the Dalton haters know, if they fix the o-line and still have a healthy Mixon for 2020, Dalton will be the starting QB in 2021 because he has never been the problem on this team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:04 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I expect the usual anti-Dalton posters to be "busy around the yard" today and probably for awhile tomorrow before re-hashing their same, tired bullshit.

This team needs to trade down, draft OL, LB and maybe Safety. (Also, keep Finley for now, have him work on his arm strength)
Start Dalton next year, if he fails, THEN you draft your future QB in 2021. But even the Dalton haters know, if they fix the o-line and still have a healthy Mixon for 2020, Dalton will be the starting QB in 2021 because he has never been the problem on this team.

I've seen posts like this for 8 years. We know Dalton has 4 really good games. 4 really bad games. And 8 average to above average games.

Dalton did look more poised in the pocket. Part of it was the improved line play. But, he didn't have happy feet like he did at times. He seemed more relaxed too.

IF we get the #1 pick...we have to draft Burrow though. Having a QB on a rookie deal is a sizeable advantage. And we know Andy is average to above average. We need to roll the dice to see if we can land an elite QB. Maybe that's Burrow?

But, I'm with you...we need to fix the line. I'd sign a couple free agents.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:04 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I expect the usual anti-Dalton posters to be "busy around the yard" today and probably for awhile tomorrow before re-hashing their same, tired bullshit.

I've always rooted for Andy and I'm glad he played well and the team won today...but I'm still 100% convinced that the best thing is to move on from him (trading him this offseason) and attempt a new / different direction at QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've always rooted for Andy and I'm glad he played well and the team won today...but I'm still 100% convinced that the best thing is to move on from him (trading him this offseason) and attempt a new / different direction at QB.

Agree 100%

Mike Brown is never gonna build an Oline that Dalton can win with long term.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree 100%

Mike Brown is never gonna build an Oline that Dalton can win with long term.

Then they're never going to win with whatever QB they draft.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

There's 1 or 2 "dalton haters" on here. Everyone else can just see that he doesn't have what it takes to lead this team through the playoffs and they want someone that can. 

But you and Bronx just keep posting this same tired BS. It's amusing to see how averse to reality you guys are. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've always rooted for Andy and I'm glad he played well and the team won today...but I'm still 100% convinced that the best thing is to move on from him (trading him this offseason) and attempt a new / different direction at QB.

Exactly. It was good to watch a win today and it was good to watch a QB that can obviously win in the NFL, unlike the last 3 weeks where the QB didn't even look like he belonged in the NFL. 

One decent game (after a career of decent to good to great individual games) doesn't all of the sudden mean he's the answer. He's not. He's just the best option for the Bengals to win anything at all this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's 1 or 2 "dalton haters" on here. Everyone else can just see that he doesn't have what it takes to lead this team through the playoffs and they want someone that can. 

But you and Bronx just keep posting this same tired BS. It's amusing to see how averse to reality you guys are. 

Tom Brady shocks the world and retires, then Pats trade for AD and he shows he can win playoff games with talent around him on the OL and on defense.

Lots of teams need a QB next year:

Raiders
Redskins
Panthers possibly
Steeler's if Ben retires
Maybe Chargers
Dolphiins - Fitz a great back up but getting old
Jags - Foles is not answer

I have no issue trading AD for a 2nd round pick and sraft his replacement in round 1 or move back onto round 1 if we draft Young first
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow...something like 351 days without a win! FINALLY!

Interestingly, IF Dalton played against the Raiders and Steelers, and looked like that...we likely have atleast 2 wins, but arguably 3 wins right now.

We likely finish the year with 4 or 5 wins. And management likely views that as a reason to go status quo.

Man...get this team a Tackle in free agency like Conklin and a Guard like Scherff...and ride Mixon.

I assure you if we can imagine 2 wins from Dalton during the Finley stretch that MB has already credited Dalton with them.  Add in that we don't have AJ and Jonah and we're a 9+ win team next year if we just stay the course and get healthy.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:59 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow...something like 351 days without a win! FINALLY!

Sure. Ryan got benched after posting a similar game to what Andy just did against much lesser competition, but somehow, someway, we could have won all three game he was benched after going 0-8 before them...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. Ryan got benched after posting a similar game to what Andy just did against much lesser competition, but somehow, someway, we could have won all three game he was benched after going 0-8 before them...

Alas, victory for Finley was just over the next hill in the NY Jets game and we went the cowardly route and put Dalton back in.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's 1 or 2 "dalton haters" on here. Everyone else can just see that he doesn't have what it takes to lead this team through the playoffs and they want someone that can. 

1 Your math is poor
2 Your opinion does not equate to "everyone else can see"
3 In Dalton's 4 playoff games, can you list any Bengals that played well or at a playoff level? I know that there's a huge list of people waiting for someone else to make a play.
4 It's amusing to see mis-guided opinions about QBs from people that obviously never played QB in organized football.

I don't think Dalton is elite. A lot of QBs have advanced in the playoffs that are lesser QBs than Dalton, several have won SBs.(Johnson, Dilfer, Flacco)
I think he's a good/above average QB on a shit team that has been out coached almost every single game he's played in the NFL.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 09:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure. Ryan got benched after posting a similar game to what Andy just did against much lesser competition,

Uh, what?  Not sure what this comment means but you must be going for the gold in mental gymnastics.  Ryan did not get benched for one game.  He got benched for 3.

Dalton averaged 282 yards with a 79 rating.  Finley averaged 158 yards with a 62 rating.

Finley's sack rate (11.2) was almost 50% higher than Dalton's (7.9) and he was a fumble machine with 4 in just 3 games.
Reply/Quote