Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton booed at MLB celebrity softball game...
...in Cincinnati

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/12/8941627/andy-dalton-booed-at-mlb-celebrity-softball-game-in-cincinnati

Quote:Andy Dalton took part in the Legends and Celebrity Softball Game ahead of the MLB All-Star Game on Tuesday. And with all-star events being held in Cincinnati this year, fans took the opportunity to boo the Bengals quarterback.

He still played really well and hit two home runs in the game.

I can't link the vine or the tweets.  Click the link.
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
Headline should read "Guy who records potato quality video of back of woman's head boos Andy Dalton at celebrity softball game".
Reply/Quote
Holy moses, one guy boos into his phone and it makes nfl.com with an inflammatory headline? A buddy of mine who is a Steelers fan said Pig Ben should be benched for Byron Leftwhich in 2008...can't believe that didn't make a headline.

"STEELERS FANS CALL FOR PIG BEN TO BE BENCHED"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Holy moses, one guy boos into his phone and it makes nfl.com with an inflammatory headline?  A buddy of mine who is a Steelers fan said Pig Ben should be benched for Byron Leftwhich in 2008...can't believe that didn't make a headline.

"STEELERS FANS CALL FOR PIG BEN TO BE BENCHED"

That's pretty lame.  I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and even they said he got booed.  If this was the extent of the booing how in the hell is that news?  
Reply/Quote
Not a big fan of booing someone at a freaking softball game. Even Dalton.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 10:14 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not a big fan of booing someone at a freaking softball game.  Even Dalton.

But kickball....That's a whole different story.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Over in JN somebody was whining because Dalton said the boos don't matter to him.  Something along the lines of he should have done his best Hulk Hogan, and told everyone how he was gonna prove this or that...  Andy Dalton's rich, successful ass doesn't give a **** who boos him or where it happens.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Andrew is a great softball player, he could of gone pro. He is also aiming at being a great actor. He got the part of the banjo player in the remake of Deliverance coming out next year.
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2015, 11:48 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That's pretty lame.  I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and even they said he got booed.  If this was the extent of the booing how in the hell is that news?  

A coworker was at the ASG last night and was telling me about it today (his brother's a Reds STH, so he was able to score seats). I asked if he went to any of the other events and he casually mentioned the softball game. He's not much of a football fan, so I had to tell him about all the teeth gnashing going on over Andy's having been booed. Then I asked him what it was like in the stadium when Andy came to bat. He said a few in the crowd did boo, the majority didn't of course, but it was still audible where he was sitting (presumebly not near the cell phone guy).

Glad he hit two home runs. At least he has softball barn-storming to fall back if this football thing doesn't pan out.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
You have to have a soul to be affected by boos.

[Image: ginger-kid-meme-soul.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It does irk me when "fans" boo their own players.  I'm not a "Andy Lover" or "Andy Hater", but he's our Andy, and I'll support him.  We may not be the next dynasty, but it's better than the 90's or Cleveland.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to settle for mediocrity, but he's not that damn bad.  Also it's not a game, he's just there to support the city and its teams, good for him.
Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 07:21 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Andrew is a great softball player, he could of gone pro. He is also aiming at being a great actor. He got the part of the banjo player in the remake of Deliverance coming out next year.

You should post that whole 'banjo player in Deliverance' thing a few more times, since this is a new board. You haven't worn it out here yet.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 12:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You should post that whole 'banjo player in Deliverance' thing a few more times, since this is a new board. You haven't worn it out here yet.

Your mom is a great flute player.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 04:23 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Your mom is a great flute player.

See, that never gets old (but his mom does) ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 04:23 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Your mom is a great flute player.

I taught her everything she knows.

Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 01:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I taught her everything she knows.
Mellow

I let her practice at my house.
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 11:07 AM)Beaker Wrote: I let her practice at my house.

He said flute, not kazoo!! 

Reply/Quote
I believe the correct word is skin flute. Losers.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 01:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I taught her everything she knows.

Mellow

thanks.

Reply/Quote
Bengal fans aren't exactly the most supportive fans around so this is not surprising.

Bengal fans = fair weather homers  
Reply/Quote