Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton fanboy
(12-02-2018, 12:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: As of now I’ve seen him projected at 5 to the raiders, and kipper has him at 11 but can’t temember the team.

If the bengals lose out (which is possible) it could put them at striking distance to go get him.

Look I know it isn’t going to happen, but man would I be happy if it did.

Yea, he will jump after last night. It was impressive as hell especially the throw to Dobbins rolling right. He squares his shoulders and shows off his touch putting it right up and over the defender into the bread basket. That’s a throw Aaron Rodgers in his prime makes but not many others.
Reply/Quote
I'm biased against Ohio State and an Andy fan, but I can get behind Haskins. If he's in the Bengals range I wouldn't even hate the idea of moving up to get him.

The issue is as Au165 Haskins could very well go top 3 and the Bengals would have to trade away the future to get him...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The problem as i see it is Mike Brown is allergic to trading players until the last dog dies. They pretty much have to go take a dump on his desk on national TV before he thinks about trading them if they're starters and even then have to be too old to get much in return for them. So good luck trading any decent players until they're no longer worth trading. He'd rather let them leave as free agents and get absolutely nothing in return. Oh, forgot those 5th and 7th round compensation picks that always turn into HOFers for us. . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
PB traded players but only when they wanted big contracts. Mikey so SO much NOT like his father. It is like his Dad was Darth Vader, he thinks he is Luke Skywalker but in fact he is Gabba the Hut.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I like Dalton and I have no problem moving on. He has trade value. I understand the cool kids say he sucks and that no one would want him, but I highly doubt that's true. He's a good QB on a steal of a contract. There is someone out there that would trade for him. Trade him, get the picks, and use them towards the rebuild. We have to consider trading other pieces as well. Either Green or Boyd, Geno or Dunlap, if Burfict will bring anything, trade them as well.

This team is not going to use free agency properly to help expedite the rebuild. The only way to do that is stockpiling draft picks. Trade the players with value, heavily invest in the OLine and LBs, and look to the future. With a stout OLine and Mixon, that would help a young QB. Finally trying to catch up to the rest of the league and getting athletic coverage LBs would be a huge help as well. Stop looking for projects in the first 3 rounds and maybe this thing won't take 5-10 years to get done.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:31 PM)McC Wrote: I agree.  Ride with Andy another year.  Fix the coaching and the OLine and the defense while you're getting ready for the next QB.  

Putting Dwayne Haskins behind the current offensive line would be disastrous. He’s good but at the speed the NFL plays, he’ll be roadkill by the middle of the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 11:59 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: That’s been me for a while now. I witnessed him helping to bring some “reaching the playoffs” consistency to a franchise and a fan base that was starving for it. I saw him appear to break into some elite categories in 2015. I saw potential.

But that has since disappeared. I’m over it. I’m ready to move on. But where am I moving on to?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Dwayne Haskins. Now anyone and everyone that cannot stand Ohio state, take the blinders off for a moment. The kid is good. Good head on his shoulders, elite arm strength, breaks down man and zone coverages well, and on top of that has just enough mobility to be able to escape the pocket and make plays. He is going to play on sundays, and he is going to play well. So why not here?

The problem is that it would take losing out to even have a remote shot at getting him. But the kid can play and I think he could bring some serious excitement to Cincinnati for a very long time. He could be special.

I say we go for it.

Haskins seems like a damn good player, but Ohio state qbs don’t exactly equate to nfl qbs. Hell Pryor was their best hope and he’s been turned into a wide receiver when he’s on a team. I would like to see the bengals go after someone in FA, and if the right guy is there take a qb. I’d love to have Fromm. I think he will be a damn good qb
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:24 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Haskins seems like a damn good player, but Ohio state qbs don’t exactly equate to nfl qbs. Hell Pryor was their best hope and he’s been turned into a wide receiver when he’s on a team. I would like to see the bengals go after someone in FA, and if the right guy is there take a qb. I’d love to have Fromm. I think he will be a damn good qb

I'd rather have Haskins than Tom Savage. Savage is about the ceiling of QB Mike Brown would sign in free agency. So as much as people want Dalton gone, I wouldn't hold my breathe on signing an improvement through free agency. It's going to have to be the draft. 2020 looks like our best chance at that.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:24 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: Haskins seems like a damn good player, but Ohio state qbs don’t exactly equate to nfl qbs. Hell Pryor was their best hope and he’s been turned into a wide receiver when he’s on a team. I would like to see the bengals go after someone in FA, and if the right guy is there take a qb. I’d love to have Fromm. I think he will be a damn good qb

Pryor and Haskins are not even in the same universe. Terrell Pryor never lived up to the hype. He was inaccurate, had bad decision making and was highly inconsistent.

Dwayne Haskins is going to be a good NFL quarterback for someone. Mark my words.

I would have never said that about Pryor coming out.

Reply/Quote
Please stop with the ohio state QB's. Everyone wanted cardale jones too and that has clearly worked out well. I cant remember the last OSU QB that had an even mediocre career in the NFL. Lets wait another year to see how haskins does before we get all giddy on him.
Reply/Quote
No thanks, draft trenches, and lb.
Reply/Quote
Im all for looking at options to replace dalton but Id rather go with a more experienced QB. And not just draft an OSU guy because it would make all the local osu fanboys happy
Reply/Quote

Normally I'd agree with you about OSU QBs but Dwayne Haskins has shown everything you need in a NFL QB in one season. The draft is never a sure thing but if Haskins repeated what he did this year Tua Tagovailoa and Haskins would likely be a toss up to go #1 overall. The only thing holding him back right now is the "one hit wonder" tag.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I am hoping we can get a high enough draft pick to take a QB this year.

Dalton would be an elite back up QB, but I just don't know how I feel about my QB NOT being one of the best players on my team.

We've heard it time and time again. "If you put weapons around Dalton, he'll produce."

It sure would be nice if we had a QB that turned Cody Cores and John Rosses INTO weapons, rather than the other way around.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I am hoping we can get a high enough draft pick to take a QB this year.

Dalton would be an elite back up QB, but I just don't know how I feel about my QB NOT being one of the best players on my team.

We've heard it time and time again. "If you put weapons around Dalton, he'll produce."

It sure would be nice if we had a QB that turned Cody Cores and John Rosses INTO weapons, rather than the other way around.

I get what you're saying but Core and Ross has to take the brunt of the blame for their play. I do believe better coaching could help Ross by trying to use him in other ways, but he has to shoulder the bulk of the responsibility for his play. Ross gives up on plays where he thinks he may not get the ball, he gives on plays when the ball is thrown to him, and he half asses other times as well. That's not on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals parted ways with AJ McCarron too soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:53 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Please stop with the ohio state QB's.  Everyone wanted cardale jones too and that has clearly worked out well.  I cant remember the last OSU QB that had an even mediocre career in the NFL.   Lets wait another year to see how haskins does before we get all giddy on him.

(12-02-2018, 08:00 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im all for looking at options to replace dalton but Id rather go with a more experienced QB.   And not just draft an OSU guy because it would make all the local osu fanboys happy

I'm going to disregard any more of your opinions on this matter, simply because they are based on your bias against people who root for Ohio St.  What the hell kind of sense does that make?  

For the record, the last truly NFL worthy QB to come out of OSU was Art Schlister.  We all know the story behind how that turned out, and with his gambling addiction and all.  This is a new day in a new era, and most definitely a new thing for Urban Meyer to produce an NFL quality pocket passer.  I will admit that I've been critical of Haskins this season, and rightly so at times.  However, he's developed and worked on many of his deficiencies.  Part of his problem was that he wanted so much to not be known as "another running QB", that he held onto the ball and refrained from running, to a fault.  Now, that he's shown a bit of mobility and ability to escape the pressure, to go along with his high quality arm, he's opened up another whole dimension of what he's capable of.  He still gets rattled under instant pressure, makes a bad decision or two, like any young QB will;  But he's definitely NFL worthy, maybe not rookie Day 1 starter worthy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've always felt we needed to seriously upgrade 2 things about this franchise if we wanted to take it to the next level.

1. Marvin Lewis
2. Andy Dalton

I'm hoping that this off season is finally the year.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:00 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Im all for looking at options to replace dalton but Id rather go with a more experienced QB.   And not just draft an OSU guy because it would make all the local osu fanboys happy

I'm all for that as well. I would love to figure out a way to get Bridgewater in camp but that shouldn't negate the fact that we need a highly talented QB prospect in here with upside, similar to what KC did last year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 08:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals parted ways with AJ McCarron too soon.

He couldn't even beat out the Bill's qbs lol
Reply/Quote