Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-04-2020, 11:30 AM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a reason not one team in the NFL was willing to invest in Andy to be their starter and it wasn't because of his supporting cast. 

Where did I say that  in the post you quoted?

Sorry, not this time. I was just stating a fact about the Dallas OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It is amazing how suddenly the national press has changed their tune on Andy now that he is a Cowboy. All of a sudden he is a great QB held back by an inferior team.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(05-05-2020, 03:32 PM)pally Wrote: It is amazing how suddenly the national press has changed their tune on Andy now that he is a Cowboy.  All of a sudden he is a great QB held back by an inferior team.

that's how it has always almost been with the media
Reply/Quote
I'm highly perplexed how the national view of Dalton has changed since leaving the Bengals.

Before he left: Median line for QBs, struggles in primetime, ginger-head man who is carried by AJ Green, replaceable, yada yada.

After he left: Better than Dak, Has always been good but held back by Cincinnati, Went 8-0 that one time he had weapons, is a great QB

It's funny how just being on the Bengals kills your standing amongst the average fan. If AJ Green was on a more popular team, he would certainly be 'one of the best WRs of our generation'.
Reply/Quote
I wish Andy well. He probably does not start unless there is an injury or the Dak talks go south but if he does they have good personnel and a cogent offensive system. Which is more than we have had here for awhile; in particular we have had major problems developing a competent OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 03:12 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but what can you do?  We had Dalton on a team-friendly deal and it still wasn't friendly enough so the solution the NFL has found as of late is to get a QB on a rookie deal and then put the money elsewhere.  But then your QB wins and then wants like a billion bucks per year and then it turns into a one man team situation.  We have high hopes for Burrow and if he meets them we are going to eventually have the Joe Burrow one-man squad.  Such is life.

-----------------

The life of a Bengals QB in the MB era:

start with Cincy
leave on less than stellar terms
go to your home state (Boomer = NY Jets, Palmer = Raiders, Andy = Dallas)
end up in AZ
put up some oddly high numbers at times
Nately120 buys your Cardinals jersey because who the hell in Steeler country wears that sort of thing?

So Dalton is on step 3 as of now.

Well the perception (correct or not) is that Dak has been surrounded by talent, more than he lifted the Cowboys to success. Honestly, I hope the perception around Burrow is the opposite, and he'll be worth that $40+ million. 

(05-03-2020, 09:52 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not if you are comparing Dalton in 2015 to Dak in 2019.. not much difference when you look at what Dalton was on pace to do pre injury... In the end though the OL and one of the top RBs in the game makes 2019 stronger than 2015.. 

Dalton had 3,149 yards and 28 TD's (25 passing, 3 rushing) after 12 games before he got injured. That put him on pace for 4199 yards and 37 TD's (33 passing) to only 8 INT's. Frankly, that's better than the season Dak just had...and I disagree with anyone who says we had more talent in 2015.

That's not even getting into the fact that Dak had that talent around him for his entire career thus far, not for one year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote