Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-02-2020, 10:45 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: I wouldn't pay Dak 35 million or whatever the crazy man wants.  I'd be like here ya go Dalton, we got 3 speedy wide receivers, go get em

And a running game and a good line.  Andy's revenge.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Why isn't this on around the NFL? AD is not a bengal anymore
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
around the NFL.
He is not a Bengal
Reply/Quote
Cowboy fans are thrilled with the signing

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Close to home, holds the clipboard, gets minimum of 3 million?

Hard not to be happy for him LOL
Reply/Quote
I wish Andy the best. Dude is a class act, great family man and a great person all around.

I am glad I got to see him play against the Jets in person last season and become the Bengals all time TD leader.

First game I ever went to and they broke the no wins streak. Just saying if someone wants to buy me season tickets.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only way Dalton starts is if Dak holds out. Dak was a top 5 QB last season.

A top 5 QB who went 8-8 with a good team?
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Andy sign on with another team. Congrats!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A top 5 QB who went 8-8 with a good team?

Top five QB numbers.  He didn't exactly slay the big games but he did beat up on the lowly.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:59 PM)pally Wrote: Cowboy fans are thrilled with the signing

Why wasn't the quitter thread in around the NFL? Andy Dalton lives rent free in half of all Bengals fans' heads. They'll be griping about him for years to come. Marvin's been gone for over a year, and his name come up about every 10th post in Jungle Noise.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He's better than Dak and will be starting before then end of the year.
Reply/Quote
I wish him the best. I'd love to see him get a shot with that offensive personnel group.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only way Dalton starts is if Dak holds out. Dak was a top 5 QB last season.

oh good god.  now youre just making shyt up.  Dak is beyond medicore and has shown that without a running game, he's just Christian Ponder.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: He's better than Dak and will be starting before then end of the year.

I don't personally think he is.  But he's pretty close, close enough to not pay the other thirty some million. 

If he did start and play well, that would be the three million dollar bargain of the year.

Reply/Quote
It's a nice plan B option if Dak and the contract situation gets ugly.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:26 PM)McC Wrote: I don't personally think he is.  But he's pretty close, close enough to not pay the other thirty some million. 

If he did start and play well, that would be the three million dollar bargain of the year.

I haven't seen much of Dak since his rookie season. I know he brought Jason Witten back to life cause he couldn't go down the field to Dez. I know he tore it up in fantasy football last year, but I've never been super impressed... Again; I haven't watched him all that much though. I do know that Amari Cooper seemed to get a lot better once he got to Dallas. So there's that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I hope he gets a shot there. I really do.

I think what Dallas may find is that their QB, who turned down 32 mil per year, can be replaced by a guy like Andy with little to no drop-off.

Dak is one of those QB's I've never been close to sold on. He started his career with probably the best OL in football, a top 5 running back, and ample weapons. All playing for organization that spares no expense in everything that surrounds the team (facilities, training, scouting, ammentities, etc.)

I honestly believe that whether they started Prescott or Dalton this year that the results would be very similar. Dalton is currently undervalued, only due to the market and his previous employer, while Dak is overvalued due his surroundings.

Basically what I'm saying is, the current payscale for QB's is entirely out of whack. For Prescott to turn down a 32 mil multi year deal, and for Dalton to take a 3 mil (up to 7 with incentives) tells you everything you need to know.

I'm not so sure teams wouldn't be better served either working off rookie deals at the position or looking for veterans like AD, and spreading the savings around elsewhere.

Andy Dalton + 25-29 in cap space vs. Dak Prescott @ 32 mil is an easy choise to make for me...

Good luck, Andy. I'm rooting for ya. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:07 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: A top 5 QB who went 8-8 with a good team?

4900 yds 30 TD 11 INT 99.7 rating

We like to blame coaching around here, maybe it was all Jason Garrett’s fault...

Reply/Quote
I don't remember which thread it was but "Fredtoast" called this out big time! That Dalton would be a good fit in Dallas.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: He's better than Dak and will be starting before then end of the year.

No he’s not. LOL

(05-02-2020, 11:25 PM)Stewy Wrote: oh good god.  now youre just making shyt up.  Dak is beyond medicore and has shown that without a running game, he's just Christian Ponder.

And Andy without AJ Green is who? Anyway, you’re delusional if you think Dalton is winning the starting job. He’s the backup, unless Dak holds out. You don’t start a guy with a career rating 87.5 over a guy with a rating of 97.0.

Reply/Quote