Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy Dalton finds a new team. Congrats
(05-02-2020, 11:26 PM)McC Wrote: I don't personally think he is.  But he's pretty close, close enough to not pay the other thirty some million. 

If he did start and play well, that would be the three million dollar bargain of the year.

He’d have to get over them primetime/big stage woes real quick...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Let's hope we have fans in the stands, so we can give him a warm ovation when Dallas returns.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only way Dalton starts is if Dak holds out. Dak was a top 5 QB last season.

you are correct (or if Dak gets hurt) but nice move by Dallas to protect their team investment if Dak does hold out.. Dalton will slide right in to his home state as a QB with a solid line and a great running back..... smart move by Dallas and Andy 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:57 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you are correct (or if Dak gets hurt) but nice move by Dallas to protect their team investment if Dak does hold out.. Dalton will slide right in to his home state as a QB with a solid line and a great running back..... smart move by Dallas and Andy 

Yeah, 3m for a vet backup like Dalton is a deal.

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d have to get over them primetime/big stage woes real quick...

Well he has one thing over Dak.. lead his team to the playoff  5 straight years in the league. Dak is just 2 for 4...
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, 3m for a vet backup like Dalton is a deal.

I agree up to 7 million (wonder what all the 4 million includes)
Reply/Quote
That was quick.

Dallas fans are thrilled.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:01 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well he has one thing over Dak.. lead his team to the playoff  5 straight years in the league. Dak is just 2 for 4...

He does, but that’s ancient history. It’s a what have you done lately type of league. And Dak put up great numbers last year, while Andy got benched.

Reply/Quote
Is Dak 33 million better than Dalton? I don't think so
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He does, but that’s ancient history. It’s a what have you done lately type of league. And Dak put up great numbers last year, while Andy got benched.

2019 stats he did very well but they went 8-8 and as you have said QB are the leaders.. so he did not lead them to playoffs last year.. and I would never say ancient history.. it is history that probably got Andy signed quickly... His attributes appealed to Dallas to sign him...
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:12 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 2019 stats he did very well but they went 8-8 and as you have said QB are the leaders.. so he did not lead them to playoffs last year.. and I would never say ancient history.. it is history that probably got Andy signed quickly... His attributes appealed to Dallas to sign him...

Yes, as a backup.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:09 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Is Dak 33 million better than Dalton? I don't think so

Dak is young, and is the future of the franchise. Jerry will open up the wallet soon enough.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, as a backup.

For now.. hmmm
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dak is young, and is the future of the franchise. Jerry will open up the wallet soon enough.

Dak never seemed that special to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dalton was the starter. Even if Dak signed too.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dak never seemed that special to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dalton was the starter. Even if Dak signed too.

So they’re gonna sign Dak to a huge contract, and then turn around and make Dalton the starter? Makes sense... Ninja

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’d have to get over them primetime/big stage woes real quick...

The last primetime game he started on a non Zac Taylor coached team he he threw 3 TDs in the first half against the number 1 defense in the league.

He did look like garbage against Pittsburgh on Monday night last year though. Fairly certain Benny Snell had a higher QBR that game. Tomlin schooled Zac that night. Aside from Mixon crushing a blitzer, that was the toughest Bengals game I can remember watching.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Dak never seemed that special to me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Dalton was the starter. Even if Dak signed too.

You play for Dallas you get the hype machine as a QB but Dak is a solid QB.. though he has a great running back and a elite line that does not hurt and 2 out of 4 in making playoffs 1-2 in playoffs but could be interesting if they only franchise him this year and Dallas has a bad season and misses playoffs again.. Dalton could have an opening in 2021 but I don;t expect that.. I see Andy going 1 year in Dallas and as a FA will have much more opportunities to get with a team as a starter or a chance to start.

This though was a perfect move for the Family man.. they already live in Dallas, from Texas.. no need to uproot kids for one year.. 
Reply/Quote
$3 million, i guess he didnt want to stay in Cincinnati after all. $7million if he takes them to the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 12:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dak is young, and is the future of the franchise. Jerry will open up the wallet soon enough.

I don't know.  I think the man wants like 40 million a year.  I can't imagine a 4th round pick not signing already.  Jesus how much money does a man need? 

I have been getting by on $500 the last month waiting for my damn stimulus check which has yet to come and I still can't re open my business.  Can't get unemployment to go through.  Yet this guy needs more than $30 million per....

F*** Dak
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a smart move. Stick around family. Go to a tram with a good offensive line and weapons. May not start, but he could def. see some playing time. Injury. Hold out. Who knows?

I wouldn’t want to touch Jax with a ten foot pole. Didn’t sound like NE was interested. Dallas certainly fits him.
Reply/Quote