Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton fumble percentage
There are 45 active QBs with at least 750 pass attempts. The fumble percentage (fumbles/pass att + rush att + sacks) for these 45 QBs is 1.32%. Dalton ranks third with a fum% of 0.90%. Just another example of the "little things" Dalton does so well that many people do not notice, but help the Bengals win a lot of games.

Other notes on QB fumble percentage.

--Chad Henne ranked first with 0.76%, Matt Ryan was 2nd at 0.86%
--Among the 26 QBs with at least 2000 attempts only 3 QBs had a fum% under 1.00 (Ryan, Dalton, Brees). I wonder how big Brees hands are.

Stats from Profootballreference.com
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There are 45 active QBs with at least 750 pass attempts.  The fumble percentage (fumbles/pass att + rush att + sacks) for these 45 QBs is 1.32%.  Dalton ranks third with a fum% of 0.90%.  Just another example of the "little things" Dalton does so well that many people do not notice, but help the Bengals win a lot of games.

Other notes on QB fumble percentage.

--Chad Henne ranked first with 0.76%, Matt Ryan was 2nd at 0.86%
--Among the 26 QBs with at least 2000 attempts only 3 QBs had a fum% under 1.00 (Ryan, Dalton, Brees).  I wonder how big Brees hands are.

Stats from Profootballreference.com

Is that the only appendage size you are curious about??? Pervert
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2018, 01:17 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Is that the only appendage size you are curious about??? Pervert

No need to wonder. IF he wants facts, Brad has the answer.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Another check mark in the AD is a good QB box.
Reply/Quote
Since he is quick to release I can see how the fumble stat would work in his favor. How does he shore up on interceptions? I would guess middle of the pack on that one.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 07:48 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Since he is quick to release I can see how the fumble stat would work in his favor. How does he shore up on interceptions? I would guess middle of the pack on that one.

Yep.  His career int% is 2.6 which ranks 22nd out of 45, but he has been much better over the past few years.

I know people will accuse me of cherry picking, but Dalton's interception percentage over the last three years is top ten in the league (1.9%)
Reply/Quote
The INT percentage is a bit distorted on the high side because of 2013 when they had him taking the shot even if it was lower odds - he had 33 TD and 20 INT and 2014 when the receiving core was so depleted we actually ran Rex Burkhead out there was the #1 WR in the playoffs.

His first 4 seasons averaged 15 INT - the past 3 9 INT.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 09:05 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep.  His career int% is 2.6 which ranks 22nd out of 45, but he has been much better over the past few years.

I know people will accuse me of cherry picking, but Dalton's interception percentage over the last three years is top ten in the league (1.9%)

I don't see how it's cherry picking. It's his 3 most recent seasons and it represents a trend. He's gotten better at not throwing picks. 

Cherry picking is another thing that gets thrown around too much on here. Mostly by people who don't like the stats they see, so they pull the cherry picking card. Or the "use your eyes, stats guy" card.  Whatever
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 09:17 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or the "use your eyes, stats guy" card.  Whatever

I love that one. Dalton just doesn't LOOK good or anyone who watches the game can see that Dalotn is not that good or what have you. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 11:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I love that one. Dalton just doesn't LOOK good or anyone who watches the game can see that Dalotn is not that good or what have you. 

As if the stats don't reflect throws that actually happened. Bad QB's don't post good stats. Not over several seasons, especially.

QB's are usually what the stats say they are. If they're bad, they'll post bad stats.

If they're a weak armed check down artist, the YPC will be low. Too many errors in judgement? The INTs will be high.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote