Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
Andy Dalton is a Quitter
Facts:

1. Andy Dalton asked for his release, https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1255849003712995338?s=21
2. He's exactly like Carson and a quitter.
3. Just like Carson he demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, what a baby
4. At least with Carson we got a few draft picks
5. Carson was a real team player and stuck around into the season deep enough until there was a QB injury so the Bengals could maximize his value, what a selfless high character move.

Dalton = worse than Carson. I better see folks burning Dalton jersey's all over the place cause this is some shameful stuff going down.

#Quitter2.0
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
To the OP:

First of all Palmer was gone when Andy was drafted.. 
Second, Palmer refused to play. Andy just asked for his release and got it.
Third,.. I don't have a third. I just want you to go find a high bridge, you troll....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:21 PM)The Clapp Wrote: To the OP:

Third,.. I don't have a third. I just want you to go find a high bridge, you troll....

- Carson was on the roster when Dalton was drafted in Spring of 2011, just like Andy is/was when Burrow was drafted. 100%, no question Carson remained on the roster until he was traded in 2011 after Jason Campbell went down, which netted the Bengals 2 draft picks. That is a fact.

- Asking for release and refusing to play are the same thing (ultimately). Andy Dalton refused to be a Bengal any longer if he didn't get what he wanted.

- Your 3rd comment is rude.
Reply/Quote
Dumbest thread ever posted.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:21 PM)The Clapp Wrote: To the OP:

Palmer was not gone when Andy was drafted.  He was under contract and chose not to report for the 2011 season,  He was traded to the Raiders in Oct of 2011.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow. Trolls are out in full force today. Why not just rejoice in him being gone. It's what you wanted. No reason to try to tear him down further.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:13 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Facts:

1. Andy Dalton asked for his release, https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1255849003712995338?s=21
3. Just like Carson he demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, what a baby
5. Carson was a real team player and stuck around into the season deep enough until there was a QB injury so the Bengals could maximize his value, what a selfless high character move.

Dalton = worse than Carson. I better see folks burning Dalton jersey's all over the place cause this is some shameful stuff going down.  

#Quitter2.0

That is a silly take. Borderline idiotic.

We drafted Burrow #1. We benched him for Finley. Burrow is the starter and everyone knows it. Andy waited to see if a deal could be done to do the us a solid and get a pick or player back. But that was not happening. 

He did us a favor by asking for his release. The PR is easier. No QB controversey issues for Burrow if he struggles early. And we now have $14 mil in cap space to further improve the team. 

Andy was classy until the end, welcoming Burrow. He did a ton in the community. And he cost himself millions of dollars by asking for a release.

Quitting would have been collecting $17.7 mil to hold a clipboard and then buggering off next year. Instead, he takes a huge paycut to try to win a starting job elsewhere, freeing up space for us to improve the team, and you come on here and blast him for it.

Yeesh. Get. A. Clue.
Reply/Quote

#Quitter2.0

3. False. Palmer's replacement was drafted AFTER he demanded a trade.
5. Carson only stuck around because the Bengals sat on him, not because he was a team player.

This is silly. The Bengals benched Dalton and made it clear they were moving in a different direction by drafting Dalton's replacement. THEN he asks for his release.

Palmer demanded a trade while he was clearly the man, only because he didn't like things the FO was doing (or not doing).

One of these is not like the other. Dalton ate more shit than Palmer did, and still didn't ask out until the Bengals themselves moved on. Not that I ever said Palmer was a "quitter", but this thread is still a reach.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
C'mon people.  It is a joke.  Didn't you notice the part about how Carson "stuck around into the season".

No one here is that stupid or ignorant of what happened.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:25 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Dumbest thread ever posted.

I 2nd your motion
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This is very literally the stupidest thread ever posted on this forum ever.

And I'm going back to when it was on its original server before it got shuffled around 20 times.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon people.  It is a joke.  Didn't you notice the part about how Carson "stuck around into the season".

No one here is that stupid or ignorant of what happened.

Joke???

I guess not smart enough to add a sarcasm icon

No, it was no joke
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:26 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: That is a silly take. Borderline idiotic.

We drafted Burrow #1. We benched him for Finley. Burrow is the starter and everyone knows it. Andy waited to see if a deal could be done to do the us a solid and get a pick or player back. But that was not happening. 

He did us a favor by asking for his release. The PR is easier. No QB controversey issues for Burrow if he struggles early. And we now have $14 mil in cap space to further improve the team. 

Andy was classy until the end, welcoming Burrow. He did a ton in the community. And he cost himself millions of dollars by asking for a release.

Quitting would have been collecting $17.7 mil to hold a clipboard and then buggering off next year. Instead, he takes a huge paycut to try to win a starting job elsewhere, freeing up space for us to improve the team, and you come on here and blast him for it.

Yeesh. Get. A. Clue.
This all the way.   The guy was class all the way.

Bizarre interpretation of the situation.    

What was he quitting?   A backup roll for 17 million a year?    He did us a favor
Reply/Quote
It's really simple. Some put a lot of effort into hate and just can't let it go. Even though they got their wish, they just can't stop taking shots at the guy to continue to try and tear him down. I'm surprised they haven't went with wishing he was dead like people did with Maualuga.
Reply/Quote

#Quitter2.0

Andy's situation is nothing like the one with Carson.

The Bengals stated publicly that they would do right by Andy. Once the draft happened and it became apparent no one was willing to offer anything for him, it would make sense that he would want to be able to go out and seek an opportunity as a free agent, and the Bengals granted him that chance. 
Reply/Quote
OP is trolling to get a rise out of people or is trying to be funny and failing miserably?

Even when similarities exist, every situation is unique and different. Dalton is not Palmer 2.0.
Reply/Quote
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c[/youtube]

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Well at least he'll win a Super Bowl in New England this season.

I kind of don't want him to go to that dumpster fire that is Jacksonville. Career wise if the Patriots are willing to take him I would go there on a one year deal and try to light it up in Bill's system. That system made Matt Cassel look like a Pro Bowler.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Andy's situation is nothing like the one with Carson.

True. It took them about a decade, but the team finally did what Carson asked them to do during the off season.

Quote:The Bengals stated publicly that they would do right by Andy. Once the draft happened and it became apparent no one was willing to offer anything for him, it would make sense that he would want to be able to go out and seek an opportunity as a free agent, and the Bengals granted him that chance. 

Eh, Dalton’s actions basically indicate $17M isn’t enough for him to remain a Bengal and be a team player to mentor Burrow. Or the intestinal fortitude or mental toughness to even compete with Burrow for the starting spot. His last act as a Bengals was to tell the team he didn’t want to play for them any more. He ain’t no Alex Smith. Ironic Mike would reward him for that.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: True. It took them about a decade, but the team finally did what Carson asked them to do during the off season.

Eh, Dalton’s actions basically indicate $17M isn’t enough for him to remain a Bengal and be a team player to mentor Burrow. Or the intestinal fortitude or mental toughness to even compete with Burrow for the starting spot. His last act as a Bengals was to tell the team he didn’t want to play for them any more.  He ain’t no Alex Smith. Ironic Mike would reward him for that.

The team showed him they had no faith in him to be the starter when they benched him last year. He began asking about trades since that point. 

Cincinnati gave up on Dalton before Dalton gave up on Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote