Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.17 Average
Andy Dalton is a Quitter
(04-30-2020, 02:34 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: It's really simple. Some put a lot of effort into hate and just can't let it go. Even though they got their wish, they just can't stop taking shots at the guy to continue to try and tear him down. I'm surprised they haven't went with wishing he was dead like people did with Maualuga.

Who wished Maualuga was dead?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Eh, Dalton’s actions basically indicate $17M isn’t enough for him to remain a Bengal and be a team player to mentor Burrow. Or the intestinal fortitude or mental toughness to even compete with Burrow for the starting spot. His last act as a Bengals was to tell the team he didn’t want to play for them any more.  He ain’t no Alex Smith.

He's not going to 'compete' with Burrow. Joe is going to be the starter, and if Andy stuck around, he was guaranteed to be a backup. Other than an injury, there was no scenario where Andy starts over Burrow...even with no OTA's or mini-camps. 

Not only that, but the Bengals had already publicly gave him their word that they would do right by him. Once it became obvious they couldn't get anything of value, this was the only other reasonable option that is beneficial to both parties. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with fortitude or mental toughness. It has everything to do with business and practicality. Joe Burrow is the future and will be the starter. The Bengals need Andy's salary off the books. Andy wants an opportunity to compete in a situation where he would at least have a chance to start at some point.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: The team showed him they had no faith in him to be the starter when they benched him last year. He began asking about trades since that point. 

Cincinnati gave up on Dalton before Dalton gave up on Cincinnati.

He was 0-8, got benched, and immediately wanted to pull the rip cord.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who wished Maualuga was dead?

I can try to dig it up. It was on this board though. Someone posted they wished he were dead or would die so he wouldn't be on the team anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:13 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Facts:

1. Andy Dalton asked for his release, https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1255849003712995338?s=21
2. He's exactly like Carson and a quitter.
3. Just like Carson he demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, what a baby
4. At least with Carson we got a few draft picks
5. Carson was a real team player and stuck around into the season deep enough until there was a QB injury so the Bengals could maximize his value, what a selfless high character move.

Dalton = worse than Carson. I better see folks burning Dalton jersey's all over the place cause this is some shameful stuff going down.  

#Quitter2.0
Every one of your points is wrong, except about the draft picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:08 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Every one of your points is wrong, except about the draft picks.

Your wrong about every one of his points being wrong.

You & I's posts are exactly the same, only mine is correct.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:00 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He was 0-8, got benched, and immediately wanted to pull the rip cord.

You are EXACTLY correct.

Dalton goes 0-8 and looks like hot garbage, they bench him and the second a mic gets in front of him Dalton says  "I want to be starter. I want traded out of here."
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon people.  It is a joke.  Didn't you notice the part about how Carson "stuck around into the season".

No one here is that stupid or ignorant of what happened.

He did stick around. He didn't retire. Carson stuck it out, training on his own and waiting for his opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:25 PM)Fullrock Wrote: ThumbsUp Dumbest thread ever posted.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He's not going to 'compete' with Burrow. Joe is going to be the starter, and if Andy stuck around, he was guaranteed to be a backup. Other than an injury, there was no scenario where Andy starts over Burrow...even with no OTA's or mini-camps. 

Not only that, but the Bengals had already publicly gave him their word that they would do right by him. Once it became obvious they couldn't get anything of value, this was the only other reasonable option that is beneficial to both parties. 

It has absolutely nothing to do with fortitude or mental toughness. It has everything to do with business and practicality. Joe Burrow is the future and will be the starter. The Bengals need Andy's salary off the books. Andy wants an opportunity to compete in a situation where he would at least have a chance to start at some point.

Of course, he isn’t going to compete. He was talking about getting traded in October before Burrow was even in the picture. Andy never had to compete for the job under Marvin and he wasn’t going to start under the new regime. And apparently the Bengals weren’t going to trade him somewhere he didn’t want to go, e.g. compete for a starting job or be a back up.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Of course, he isn’t going to compete. He was talking about getting traded in October before Burrow was even in the picture. Andy never had to compete for the job under Marvin and he wasn’t going to start under the new regime. And apparently the Bengals weren’t going to trade him somewhere he didn’t want to go, e.g. compete for a starting job or be a back up.

BOOM! Another golden post!
Reply/Quote
What Andy Dalton did by asking for his release is absolutely, 100% in line with what Carson did. If he wasn't selfish he would have taken a pay cut and stuck with the team until they could trade him.

The people on here saying this notion is dumb are the same ones who have no argument against it. Facts are the facts.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 02:13 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Facts:

1. Andy Dalton asked for his release, https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1255849003712995338?s=21
2. He's exactly like Carson and a quitter.
3. Just like Carson he demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, what a baby
4. At least with Carson we got a few draft picks
5. Carson was a real team player and stuck around into the season deep enough until there was a QB injury so the Bengals could maximize his value, what a selfless high character move.

Dalton = worse than Carson. I better see folks burning Dalton jersey's all over the place cause this is some shameful stuff going down.  

#Quitter2.0

Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here...….

[Image: 567a667861f82ce6a044ae319c8365ca.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Your wrong about every one of his points being wrong.

You & I's posts are exactly the same, only mine is correct.

I said every one of his points is wrong except about the draft picks.  Correction:  He was also right about Dalton asking for his release. However, he was wrong on all of these:   Point #2. He is exactly like Carson: No.  Dalton wanted to be a starter.  Carson was the starter.  3. He demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, just like Carson. Wrong. Carson demanded a release way before Dalton was drafted.  He was already gone when Dalton was drafted.  5.  Carson was a real team player and stuck around the season, blah blah blah.  He quit after the 2010 season and was already gone by the time Dalton was drafted in 2011.  He is not high character.  Carson is a spoiled rich boy.
Reply/Quote
Andy donated $150,000 to the UC Health Crisis Response Fund a week or so ago in dealing with Covid-19.

I wanted a change at QB, but he is a good guy and is not a quitter. I mean imagine being a quitter on your team and the city they are in, but give 150 grand to a Uni in that city. Weird.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Andy donated $150,000 to the UC Health Crisis Response Fund a week or so ago in dealing with Covid-19.

I wanted a change at QB, but he is a good guy and is not a quitter. I mean imagine being a quitter on your team and the city they are in, but give 150 grand to a Uni in that city. Weird.

Clearly he was trying to buy his job back by creating a good will groundswell in the community. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:12 PM)PDub80 Wrote: You are EXACTLY correct.

Dalton goes 0-8 and looks like hot garbage, they bench him and the second a mic gets in front of him Dalton says  "I want to be starter. I want traded out of here."

Palmer went on a 10 game losing streak in 2010, threw 20 picks and a ridiculous 5 pick sixes, doesn't get benched, and blames the organization.

The difference is that Palmer didn't get benched, and Dalton didn't blame the organization, even though he easily could have.

I don't blame either for "quitting", but Dalton played the good soldier for far longer, and he didn't threaten retirement when he wasn't traded. He worked with the organization even though they burned him 5 times harder.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:18 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I said every one of his points is wrong except about the draft picks.  Correction:  He was also right about Dalton asking for his release. However, he was wrong on all of these:   Point #2. He is exactly like Carson: No.  Dalton wanted to be a starter.  Carson was the starter.  3. He demanded a release after his replacement was drafted, just like Carson. Wrong. Carson demanded a release way before Dalton was drafted.  He was already gone when Dalton was drafted.  5.  Carson was a real team player and stuck around the season, blah blah blah.  He quit after the 2010 season and was already gone by the time Dalton was drafted in 2011.  He is not high character.  Carson is a spoiled rich boy.

- The Bengals drafting AD was a sign from the team they were moving on. No way Carson is sticking around after that.

- Andy Dalton is also rich. And now he is acting spoiled by demanding to be the starter or to be released/traded. That is EXACTLY what happened.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Palmer went on a 10 game losing streak in 2010, threw 20 picks and a ridiculous 5 pick sixes, doesn't get benched, and blames the organization.

The difference is that Palmer didn't get benched, and Dalton didn't blame the organization, even though he easily could have.

I don't blame either for "quitting", but Dalton played the good soldier for far longer, and he didn't threaten retirement when he wasn't traded. He worked with the organization even though they burned him 5 times harder.

I wouldn't bench Carson either.
Reply/Quote