Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Andy Dalton is an absolutely awful QB
Welp, it's official now.....we're finally here. Thread #1 of tens of thousands about CornerBlitz's obsession with Andy Dalton is upon us.....we are home! Ninja

Wink ......just razzin ya.....glad you made it to the show.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy sucks ass cracks clean.

I can say that?
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, It sure looks like home now. I guess the Dalton bashing is already beginning. Soon we'll start the old homers vs haters debacle.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:11 PM)Shady Wrote: Notice he only got a one-year extension. If we suck this year, that last year is chump change for the Browns. They can let him go whenever, but something tells me they won't. We'd have to absolutely blow monkeys for Marvin to get fired.

I know, and the discussion on whether Marv will be here forever (vs whether it just feels like it) is a thread unto itself. Unfortunately, it means we are only delaying the time when we'll find out Andy's true potential (and whether he's already reached it). I'd love to hop on the "I hate Andy" bandwagon that so many guys are on, but then I look at the playoff games and how the entire team implodes... I truly wish it was isolated to one player on one side of the ball. Sad
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:45 PM)Ryuko Wrote: I know, and the discussion on whether Marv will be here forever (vs whether it just feels like it) is a thread unto itself. Unfortunately, it means we are only delaying the time when we'll find out Andy's true potential (and whether he's already reached it). I'd love to hop on the "I hate Andy" bandwagon that so many guys are on, but then I look at the playoff games and how the entire team implodes... I truly wish it was isolated to one player on one side of the ball.  Sad

Yyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppppp!!!!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 05:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: [Image: andy-dalton-fumbles.gif]

Remind me again why that was a fumble. I see full control to the ground. Whatever

Reply/Quote
The board finally feels like home.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:07 PM)Ryuko Wrote: So is head coach. As far as I'm concerned, Andy is an unknown quantity as both a leader and a player as long as Marvin is the coach. We can't know how high his ceiling can be until we remove the ceiling he's under.

I'm not buying that. We have plenty of guys playing great, so Marvin gets no credit for that?

Andy is a very well know quantity at this point. He'd mediocre at best, and in less than optimal circumstances he awful.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 05:51 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: [Image: andy-dalton-fumbles.gif]

I realize the turf of today is much less awful than the turf that used to wreck careers BUT how smart is it to run and voluntarily dive on top of your throwing arm? Oh well.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize the turf of today is much less awful than the turf that used to wreck careers BUT how smart is it to run and voluntarily dive on top of your throwing arm?  Oh well.

Unfortunately for himself, the team, and the fans, Andy doesn't like to do things that are considered "smart" in the playoffs.

Someone should trick him into thinking the next WC game is just a typical Sunday at 1PM regular season game.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 05:56 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: OK then.  I wonder if we can just have one giant Dalton thread on here, instead of the numerous brand new Dalton posts a day that we had on Bengals.com

I've seen other NFL teams with sub-forums dedicated to QB-talk, though that is usually for teams with QB controversies and/or when the position is in flux and open for debate.
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:45 PM)Ryuko Wrote: I know, and the discussion on whether Marv will be here forever (vs whether it just feels like it) is a thread unto itself. Unfortunately, it means we are only delaying the time when we'll find out Andy's true potential (and whether he's already reached it). I'd love to hop on the "I hate Andy" bandwagon that so many guys are on, but then I look at the playoff games and how the entire team implodes... I truly wish it was isolated to one player on one side of the ball.  Sad

Amen. Dalton may be a choke artist no matter who the coach is, but when every QB and every player on the team has choked under Marv, can we say that with certainty?

Palmer has been great in prime time since leaving, and coordinators who struggled here (like Zim and Bresnahan) fared much better in the playoffs elsewhere.

The proof is all over the place if folks choose to see it. We have 12 years of evidence plus how our players and coaches have performed in clutch situations elsewhere.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 02:14 AM)Utts Wrote: I'm not buying that. We have plenty of guys playing great, so Marvin gets no credit for that?

Andy is a very well know quantity at this point. He'd mediocre at best, and in less than optimal circumstances he awful.

So you buy that Andy had something to do with Marv's first 2 playoff meltdowns, the great decision to avoid AJ Green in Houston, left Maualuga out there to get abused by Owen Daniels, abandon the punishing run game against San Diego, etc, etc?

I believe that Andy, Palmer, Kitna, and everyone else is a symptom of piss poor game planning and an inability to adjust, adapt, improvise, and overcome on the staff's part.....but that's just me.

Reply/Quote
It could be worse, at least we have a QB.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Palmer has been great in prime time since leaving, and coordinators who struggled here (like Zim and Bresnahan) fared much better in the playoffs elsewhere.

True that. I recall people fully expecting a rusty Palmer to completely flop on national TV in 2011 but he went into San Diego, posted a 125 rating and took the division lead (with some help, of course). Was the Marvin influence truly that strong?
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 05:29 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: My first post.

On the real; kudos to whoever created this. I thought it would be fitting to have my first post be about ole boy stumblin' bumblin' Dalton.

I nominate CornerBlitz for Permanent Administrator rights. Tongue

Cheers!

I guess with the new boards you have to take the bad with the good.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 12:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: So you buy that Andy had something to do with Marv's first 2 playoff meltdowns, the great decision to avoid AJ Green in Houston, left Maualuga out there to get abused by Owen Daniels, abandon the punishing run game against San Diego, etc, etc?  

I believe that Andy, Palmer, Kitna, and everyone else is a symptom of piss poor game planning and an inability to adjust, adapt, improvise, and overcome on the staff's part.....but that's just me.

No it's me, too. I believe Marvin to be the biggest reason we poop our pants in the playoffs.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-14-2015, 10:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Remind me again why that was a fumble. I see full control to the ground. Whatever

Because it isn't college. The play isn't over until he is down by contact in a head-first dive. The ball is out before he is tagged. Only in a feet-first situation is he considered to be "giving himself up".
Reply/Quote
Informal poll, for arguments sake of course.

If you could boot either Marvin Lewis or Andy Dalton, which one is shown the door?
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2015, 07:09 PM)Bengel11 Wrote: Informal poll, for arguments sake of course.

If you could boot either Marvin Lewis or Andy Dalton, which one is shown the door?

Right now? Marvin, hands down. Hue is far more ready to take over as HC than McCarron or Pryor are at QB.

For 2016? Marvin, hands down. I said it before, but it's worth repeating. Marvin's had over a decade and multiple QBs to win in the playoffs, and he can't do it. Andy has only ever operated under Marvin, and our postseason meltdowns are not limited to Dalton's performance.
Reply/Quote