Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton is really good
(12-02-2016, 11:37 AM)Southendbengal Wrote: It happens though doesn't it you have QBs that are/were good who end there careers being remembered as never having made the playoffs/superbowl or won in them. Or not winning them as much as they should have.

It's before my time but wasn't Archie Manning meant to be good but play for some awful teams during his time at the Saints?

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is not every sports man can win so some, sometimes even the best ones around, don't get the victory medal that year. (This isn't me claiming Dalton is #1 by the way - though I am a fan). All fans can do is hope that the team is going to make sure that the best supporting cast (players and coaches) are around its key pieces and that they can all work together to make that run to succeed.

And I do think Brown wants to win. He obviously hasn't got that down yet, but I also want to win the lottery and haven't got that one covered yet either. But I don't think he doesn't want to win, if it was just about money only I can't see how he wouldn't have either (a) moved the franchise to a bigger revenue area or (b) sold it. I just think he hasn't got it right yet and that is mighty frustrating for all of us.

Yeah, Archie played his guts out.....there just wasn't anyone else around that was very good.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 11:37 AM)Southendbengal Wrote: It happens though doesn't it you have QBs that are/were good who end there careers being remembered as never having made the playoffs/superbowl or won in them. Or not winning them as much as they should have.

It's before my time but wasn't Archie Manning meant to be good but play for some awful teams during his time at the Saints?

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is not every sports man can win so some, sometimes even the best ones around, don't get the victory medal that year. (This isn't me claiming Dalton is #1 by the way - though I am a fan). All fans can do is hope that the team is going to make sure that the best supporting cast (players and coaches) are around its key pieces and that they can all work together to make that run to succeed.

And I do think Brown wants to win. He obviously hasn't got that down yet, but I also want to win the lottery and haven't got that one covered yet either. But I don't think he doesn't want to win, if it was just about money only I can't see how he wouldn't have either (a) moved the franchise to a bigger revenue area or (b) sold it. I just think he hasn't got it right yet and that is mighty frustrating for all of us.

I too think Mike wants to win but I do NOT think he wants to win AT ALL COSTS.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 01:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I too think Mike wants to win but I do NOT think he wants to win AT ALL COSTS.

Maybe.

But to the same extent I don't think he is just in it to make a profit only and truly doesn't care about the team. As I said I think he would've moved elsewhere or sold the naming rights to the stadium otherwise. I think he might well be a bit stubborn in his views are right compared to others, but lets be honest that's true of most human beings to a degree.

My local soccer team over here has an owner that is a real complete fool who is entirely in it for money and nothing else. He went without paying tax bills for years and almost had the club wound up by the government, sold the stadium and the land and now rents it back from a supermarket that are looking to knock it down and is now scrounging of the local council to have a new stadium and combined hotel built for him and the team. So I suppose it is easier for me to compare it to that and that's why it's possibly easier for me to not get as frustrated with Brown as quickly.

That being said I will admit that he certainly wouldn't appear to be the best either which as I said earlier is really frustrating for all of us.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 02:16 PM)Southendbengal Wrote: Maybe.

But to the same extent I don't think he is just in it to make a profit only and truly doesn't care about the team. As I said I think he would've moved elsewhere or sold the naming rights to the stadium otherwise. I think he might well be a bit stubborn in his views are right compared to others, but lets be honest that's true of most human beings to a degree.

My local soccer team over here has an owner that is a real complete fool who is entirely in it for money and nothing else. He went without paying tax bills for years and almost had the club wound up by the government, sold the stadium and the land and now rents it back from a supermarket that are looking to knock it down and is now scrounging of the local council to have a new stadium and combined hotel built for him and the team. So I suppose it is easier for me to compare it to that and that's why it's possibly easier for me to not get as frustrated with Brown as quickly.

That being said I will admit that he certainly wouldn't appear to be the best either which as I said earlier is really frustrating for all of us.

He threatened to move to Baltimore in '95 and leveraged "Blake-mania" into a sweetheart deal for a new stadium. He had no loyalty to the Nati. Only loyalty to a good business deal. His refusal to sell naming rights to PBS is honorable in a way...but it's also another sign of his loyalty which in many cases has been his most major flaw.

Mike Brown is hands down the worst owner in the NFL. Maybe the worst owner in any American pro sport. I don't even say this with any hatred for the man. I just accept is as fact based on 26 years of evidence.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 02:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He threatened to move to Baltimore in '95 and leveraged "Blake-mania" into a sweetheart deal for a new stadium. He had no loyalty to the Nati. Only loyalty to a good business deal. His refusal to sell naming rights to PBS is honorable in a way...but it's also another sign of his loyalty which in many cases has been his most major flaw.

Mike Brown is hands down the worst owner in the NFL. Maybe the worst owner in any American pro sport. I don't even say this with any hatred for the man. I just accept is as fact based on 26 years of evidence.

Can't argue with you if I'm honest. Mainly due to not knowing enough about the other NFL owners.

I guess its just cause I'm comparing him to Southend United Football Clubs owner who as I said makes Mike look good.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 02:35 PM)Southendbengal Wrote: Can't argue with you if I'm honest. Mainly due to not knowing enough about the other NFL owners.

I guess its just cause I'm comparing him to Southend United Football Clubs owner who as I said makes Mike look good.

Could very well be possible, but I just don't follow soccer. Not my cup of tea.  Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote