Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope Grantham says YES
Word is Bengals want him. The question is, will he leave Florida Gators to come here. Since others have turned down the job, Bengals can't keep going to the bottom of the list. I'm hoping Grantham says YES and ASAP. So far we have offensive coaches. Need to get the D coaches in here. Bengals say they want him, so hopefully this happens.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Just remember that if he turns us down it is actually because Taylor did not want him anyway.
Reply/Quote
I was hyped on Grantham, then after reading more about him and some opinions on here, I'm not so sure. Look, I want to see a DC chosen as much as anyone, but if he's not the right guy, then we set ourselves back a bit. And it doesn't sound like he's going to be a cheap DC. TBH, I don't expect a lot out of the Bengals next year. But I think making wrong choices right now would only set our progress back a few years.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Then is the jungle willing to go with a DC who has never called plays....

If so I'm all for AP.

I'd just prefer some experience. So I hope he signs. It's good he's been around a couple days.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Grantham looks to be the best candidate available. I like his history of coaching d-lines in the NFL and generating pressure on QBs. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was hyped on Grantham, then after reading more about him and some opinions on here, I'm not so sure. Look, I want to see a DC chosen as much as anyone, but if he's not the right guy, then we set ourselves back a bit. And it doesn't sound like he's going to be a cheap DC. TBH, I don't expect a lot out of the Bengals next year. But I think making wrong choices right now would only set our progress back a few years.

I agree with what you say, but keep this in mind.  The clock is ticking, roster evaluations, free agency, the draft...  They have to get SOMEONE in place, and soon.  I agree that Grantham likely isn't on anyone's "first choice" list, but he seems at least competent enough to get us through Taylor's first season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2019, 08:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was hyped on Grantham, then after reading more about him and some opinions on here, I'm not so sure. Look, I want to see a DC chosen as much as anyone, but if he's not the right guy, then we set ourselves back a bit. And it doesn't sound like he's going to be a cheap DC. TBH, I don't expect a lot out of the Bengals next year. But I think making wrong choices right now would only set our progress back a few years.

" and it doesn't sound like he's going to be a cheap DC ".

Is that the deal. We are so Bengalized that everybody has to be the cheapest Mike Brown can hire.  We are more worried about Mike Browns bank account than Winning. 

The news is Bengals say they want him.  This thing that if he decides to stay at Florida it is because Taylor doesn't want him is nonsense. They have interviewed him and want him.  I just hope he isn't another DC who decides he doesn't want Cincy Bengals job.  It will be great news if we hear he is on board ASAP, hopefully this week.  What a lot of fans don't get is many coaches are not interested in working for Mike Brown or Bengals. I just hope this coach isn't another one to decide he doesn't want to come here. Bengals want him, we could use him. All Bengals News sites say Grantham is at the top of Bengals list now, it's just a matter if he decides to leave Florida Gators job. Hey, the Florida job is a good job also, but I hope he comes here. If he also says no, Bengals have to start scraping bottom of the barrel choices, not a good thing. Best thing would be he signs deal and helps get other D coaches in here ASAP.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
OK, News says in last hour Grantham decided to stay at Florida Gators DC job. Same news sources who said in last day Bengals wanted him, but not sure if he would leave Florida. Well, he didn't. Not a good thing for Bengals, all these coaches so far saying they don't want the job.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote