Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton meeting Zac Taylor
(02-06-2019, 01:29 AM)bengals73 Wrote: I thought it was Awkward. And what's with men hugging all the time these days? What happened to a firm handshake

A HUG is better, you never know where a man's hands have been doing.  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:14 AM)Stewy Wrote: I think you're looking at it wrong.  Dalton is a competitor.  He sees a challenge.  I bet he's excited as hell.  He's not going to be looking at the consequences of failure because that's a loser mentality.  Regardless of what some think, Dalton as always been a winner and has a winners mentality.

I don’t know what’s going through Dalton’s mind about all of this, I’m just saying that the uncertainty of how things will play out is probably not lost on either of them.
Reply/Quote
Y'all aren't introverts, are you? This is totally normal behavior for an introvert when meeting a new person. I can't even imagine having to do it on camera. *shudders*
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 06:53 PM)Takedown Wrote: Looks like they'll be great business partners. Honestly, I don't think the cameras helped at all. It would be awkward for almost anyone in that position given the circumstances.

This, weird situation to be put in for both of them, thought they handled it well honestly.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh good God, not THAT thread again...... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

If Brad ever stumbles on this thread, just the thought will get him all hot and bothered.  Cool
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 10:14 AM)Stewy Wrote: I think you're looking at it wrong.  Dalton is a competitor.  He sees a challenge.  I bet he's excited as hell.  He's not going to be looking at the consequences of failure because that's a loser mentality.  Regardless of what some think, Dalton as always been a winner and has a winners mentality.

Besides why pay 30 mil a year when your QB is already performing at that level for much much less
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 04:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Brad ever stumbles on this thread, just the thought will get him all hot and bothered.  Cool

lol I was a day late to the party when that thread was first started, so I didn't get the full effect LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 04:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If Brad ever stumbles on this thread, just the thought will get him all hot and bothered.  Cool

Look, Brad just believes in giving credit where credit is due.

Huuuuge credit  :andy:
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 08:59 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: If I was Dalton, I would have tackled the new coach as soon as he saw him.  Just to give him a good, nice Bengal welcome to the team.
Yes! I'm being facetious.

If AD would have done that, coach might have found his new LB.... Cool
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2019, 11:42 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Look, Brad just believes in giving credit where credit is due.

Huuuuge credit  :andy:

I believe the word was "magnificent" if I remember right..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2019, 01:29 AM)bengals73 Wrote: I thought it was Awkward. And what's with men hugging all the time these days? What happened to a firm handshake

Taylor was giving him the offseason chubbiness check.  He even slapped his arm a few times to gauge muscle tone.  I think he was like, OK, dude stays in shape and he just had a baby...
Reply/Quote
Hell, if I was married to JJ, I'd stay in shape too...… (no disrespect intended, take it as a compliment)
Reply/Quote
I would not be shocked if the Bengals drafted Kyler Murray. I know Taylor is saying all the right stuff, but he will want his own QB either this year or next. It could be Dalton because Taylor has followed Dalton since his days in Katy Texas but it would not surprise me one bit for the team to go in a direction in the near future.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I doubt it. Taylor needs a smart QB in his system, and Dalton is one of the best about stepping up to the line and dissecting what the defense is doing.....
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 10:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would not be shocked if the Bengals drafted Kyler Murray. I know Taylor is saying all the right stuff, but he will want his own QB either this year or next. It could be Dalton because Taylor has followed Dalton since his days in Katy Texas but it would not surprise me one bit for the team to go in a direction in the near future.

I don’t think there’s much chance of it, but Field Yates threw that idea out there...

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 10:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would not be shocked if the Bengals drafted Kyler Murray.  I know Taylor is saying all the right stuff, but he will want his own QB either this year or next.  It could be Dalton because Taylor has followed Dalton since his days in Katy Texas but it would not surprise me one bit for the team to go in a direction in the near future.

I think the search for the next QB will be ongoing from this point on, but I don't believe the first round of this draft is where it will start.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2019, 08:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Taylor was giving him the offseason chubbiness check.  He even slapped his arm a few times to gauge muscle tone.  I think he was like, OK, dude stays in shape and he just had a baby...

Standing next to Taylor, Dalton looked jacked tbh. 

(02-08-2019, 10:12 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would not be shocked if the Bengals drafted Kyler Murray.  I know Taylor is saying all the right stuff, but he will want his own QB either this year or next.  It could be Dalton because Taylor has followed Dalton since his days in Katy Texas but it would not surprise me one bit for the team to go in a direction in the near future.

If this happened, I'd be pissed. The dude is 5'9" at best.

Fun fact: in the entire history of the draft, only one QB below 6' tall has been drafted in the first round. Can anyone guess who it was?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 11:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Standing next to Taylor, Dalton looked jacked tbh. 

Fun fact: in the entire history of the draft, only one QB below 6' tall has been drafted in the first round. Can anyone guess who it was?

Johnny Alcohol....
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 11:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Standing next to Taylor, Dalton looked jacked tbh. 

Dalton is jacked.  Happened one off season, maybe two, three years ago.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Johnny Alcohol....

He's the first one I thought of too.

Reply/Quote