Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton meeting Zac Taylor
(02-10-2019, 12:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Johnny Alcohol....

Yessir.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 11:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Standing next to Taylor, Dalton looked jacked tbh. 

If this happened, I'd be pissed. The dude is 5'9" at best.

Fun fact: in the entire history of the draft, only one QB below 6' tall has been drafted in the first round. Can anyone guess who it was?

Not looking ahead, but wasn't it Manziel?  Honestly, I thought that kid was amazing in college, and in the SEC no less, but character trumps everything and when you aren't prepared all the athletic ability in the world won't matter.  

I don't want them to draft Murray, either, but I am not ready to say the kid can't be successful.  No one thought Brees would have the success he has had, but the right offense that creates visual throwing lanes and a scheme that has most of his QB runs outside where he has to beat one man and then get down or out of bounds could work.  I have a feeling Miami is going to take a gamble on him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2019, 10:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not looking ahead, but wasn't it Manziel?  Honestly, I thought that kid was amazing in college, and in the SEC no less, but character trumps everything and when you aren't prepared all the athletic ability in the world won't matter.  

I don't want them to draft Murray, either, but I am not ready to say the kid can't be successful.  No one thought Brees would have the success he has had, but the right offense that creates visual throwing lanes and a scheme that has most of his QB runs outside where he has to beat one man and then get down or out of bounds could work.  I have a feeling Miami is going to take a gamble on him.  

I was in the minority, but I was never impressed with Johnny Fartball.  Especially after that unknown kid came out in game one the very next year after Fartball left and shattered his single game record.  A lot of it was Sumlin's system, and the other was tossing up prayers that Mike Evans and Ryan Swope bailed him out on.  I just never felt that would translate well in the NFL combined with his shitty attitude and work effort.  Other folks, not so much.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 10:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: I was in the minority, but I was never impressed with Johnny Fartball.  Especially after that unknown kid came out in game one the very next year after Fartball left and shattered his single game record.  A lot of it was Sumlin's system, and the other was tossing up prayers that Mike Evans and Ryan Swope bailed him out on.  I just never felt that would translate well in the NFL combined with his shitty attitude and work effort.  Other folks, not so much.

I hear ya...I didn't want the Browns to draft him, because I sort of root for them when they aren't playing the Bengals.  He had some impressive plays at TA&M, but as you said, a lot of it was off script or where he had one read or would scramble.  It isn't the NFL style, per se, but neither was what Mayfield did a lot of at Oklahoma.  Mayfield has a little more meat on his bones, but Manziel was a much better runner.  It just seems like we will never know what that kid could have been because of his attitude.

It would be nice to see a high round crapbag bust like that for the steelers, since now they are faced with replacing Brown.  They did well with Conner, but I can't help but think that offense might really crash back to earth with JJSS drawing the double teams and Conner is not the player Bell was in his prime.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 10:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hear ya...I didn't want the Browns to draft him, because I sort of root for them when they aren't playing the Bengals.  He had some impressive plays at TA&M, but as you said, a lot of it was off script or where he had one read or would scramble.  It isn't the NFL style, per se, but neither was what Mayfield did a lot of at Oklahoma.  Mayfield has a little more meat on his bones, but Manziel was a much better runner.  It just seems like we will never know what that kid could have been because of his attitude.

It would be nice to see a high round crapbag bust like that for the steelers, since now they are faced with replacing Brown.  They did well with Conner, but I can't help but think that offense might really crash back to earth with JJSS drawing the double teams and Conner is not the player Bell was in his prime.  

Word about the Stoolers.

I viewed Mayfield as a wild card.  His attitude wasn't backed by all night benders, but he is a douche.  However, he played much more disciplined on the field than party bro ever did.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote