Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton named to his 3rd Pro Bowl
Comes in as 2nd alternate to replace Brady. :andy:
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 06:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Comes in as 1st alternate to replace Brady.  :andy:

Okay.  As long as he doesn't play in it, I'm good with this.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Congratulations to Andy

But to be honest I hope they do away with the Pro Bowl game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Congratulations to Andy! Would rather have seen him named to the All-Pro team, but accolades is accolades.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
3rd pro bowl by default
Reply/Quote
Good god
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
For those that dismiss this because he was an alternate (first alternate mind you), name all the crap QBs that have made 3 pro bowls...alternate or not.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For those that dismiss this because he was an alternate (first alternate mind you), name all the crap QBs that have made 3 pro bowls...alternate or not.

Agreed. A Pro Bowl is a Pro Bowl. 3 is a good accomplishment.
Reply/Quote
Meh to all these probowl appointments because others in are in the Super Bowl. Always a bridesmaid.
Reply/Quote
The only downside to this is that forever more, Hobspin will refer to him as three time PB QB Andy Dalton.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
How did Luck not be an alternate instead of Dalton or Alex Smith, especially Smith? He had a better season than either had. Brady, Carr, and Ben would have been my top 3 too, but Luck got snubbed. He wouldnt have played regardless due to surgery, so Dalton & Smith still would have been replacements.

Before I get flack for saying that, Luck was 3rd in AFC rating, 2nd in AFC tds, 3rd in AFC yds, and 2nd in yds/game. Dalton nor Smith were higher than him in any of those categories. He also tied with Dalton with being sacked 41 times.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Agree Pro Bowl is too much. See Eifert. Andy probably doesn't deserve PB this year but he is a good person.
Reply/Quote
Good for him. Free trip and some attention, I guess. Nice guy.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 09:04 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Meh to all these probowl appointments because others in are in the Super Bowl.  Always  a bridesmaid.

Bingo!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 08:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Agreed. A Pro Bowl is a Pro Bowl. 3 is a good accomplishment.

Right on. Not saying it's some monumental accomplishment, but it's certainly more than nothing. Oddly enough though, Dalton got 2 PB nods in his least deserving years and was snubbed in 2 deserving years, particularly 2015, when Ben got in over him, which was ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 06:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Comes in as 1st alternate to replace Brady.  :andy:

Are you sure he was the first alternate...hmm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688764-pro-bowl-roster-2017-full-list-of-super-bowl-51-and-injury-replacements

The new Pro Bowlers have been rewarded for excellent seasons, although there will likely be plenty of debate about the replacements chosen.

The biggest names on the list come at quarterback, with Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton getting the honor of filling in for New England's Tom Brady. Per Chris Brown of the Buffalo Bills' official website, Tyrod Taylor was offered a spot but will not play because of his groin injury.

That left Dalton to earn his third Pro Bowl appearance despite finishing with a career-low 18 touchdown passes. His 91.8 quarterback rating was just the 15th-best in the NFL, per ESPN.com.

Kirk Cousins is another interesting addition as he looks for a long-term contract with the Washington Redskins. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Monday the team could also trade the quarterback to either the San Francisco 49ers or Cleveland Browns:
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right on. Not saying it's some monumental accomplishment, but it's certainly more than nothing. Oddly enough though, Dalton got 2 PB nods in his least deserving years and was snubbed in 2 deserving years, particularly 2015, when Ben got in over him, which was ridiculous.

Doesn't it seem like a lot of PB votes are kind of a year behind?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right on. Not saying it's some monumental accomplishment, but it's certainly more than nothing. Oddly enough though, Dalton got 2 PB nods in his least deserving years and was snubbed in 2 deserving years, particularly 2015, when Ben got in over him, which was ridiculous.

good post point well taken.
Reply/Quote
Dalton deserved a PB nod more than Tyrod Taylor. Dalton passed for 1200 more yards and was better in every statistical category passing the football. Taylor had 400 more rush yards and 1 more total TD, but it's obvious who the better player was this year.
Reply/Quote
Good Dalton, very good.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote