Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton named to his 3rd Pro Bowl
It's kind of like being the lottery winner because the other guy lost his ticket in a gas station parking lot and you found it.. I guess..
Oh well.. I like Andy so here's to a healthy PB for him..
For the life of me I'll never understand the timing of this game..The guys going to the biggest game of the season can't play because they have more important games to play..
They ought to have it mid season and have a week off before and after the pb and make it mandatory for anyone selected to play unless injured.. 
What? Delay games for the best players in the league to play a game?  What about fans of really crappy teams? 

In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After the Eifert injury, I wish they would just STOP this game. It is the most dull exhibition game in all sports and the idea a team could get a star player injured makes it even worse. I don't want Dalton or any Bengals playing in this stupid, stupid game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Pro Bowl is a joke, does anyone really care?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Could we turn it into a safer competition, or would players have a higher chance of getting hurt?

Example, have QBs throw into garbage cans 20/30/40 yards down the field out of the pocket, on the move to the right, on the move to the left. Moving garbage cans, moving players...

Have kickers kick from crazy angles or with created wind.

That's all I could think of and now after I read it, it sounds stupid.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:28 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The Pro Bowl is a joke, does anyone really care?

Nope. I don't watch it.

The skills challenge is cool this year though.
Reply/Quote
Are we really declaring the Pro Bowl dangerous because Eifert got hurt in it? That guy could injure himself doing a crossword puzzle.

But on a serious note, if we were to look at other message boards for other teams do you think there would be such unanimous dread for the health of their players that made the Pro Bowl, or are we just gunshy as a fanbase?
Reply/Quote
I think it's because the lack of defense played. What's there to watch if it's barely flag football? The same problem plagues NBA, except at least they can show off fancy dunks and 30ft three pointers with the wrong hand. We would get penalized for TD celebrations in NFL.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to Dalton. Still not watching this joke a of a game.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 06:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Comes in as 2nd alternate to replace Brady.  :andy:

Good for him. I might of put Luck ahead of him this year but Dalton deserves all he can get after the year he
just had where the coaches pretty much through him and the whole Offense under the bus. The lack of TD's
were his only downfall this year and i put much of this on Zamp and Eifert and AJ being injured.
Reply/Quote
Well, so far so good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, so far so good

Yeah you were too quick to celebrate. He looked pretty good on that last drive.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Go A. Dalton, Go.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 11:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah you were too quick to celebrate. He looked pretty good on that last drive.

Most articles said he played very well.....some folks said Johnny Fartball would be a star..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 03:47 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Most articles said he played very well.....some folks said Johnny Fartball would be a star..... Mellow

Yeah he started out rough (deep throw INT, sack, batted pass) and some got excited way too early. Those wound up being themes for the whole game, not just Andy. Andy wound up having arguably the best QB performance of the game. I'd love to see an argument for which of the 6 QBs were better.

Somebody wanted us to draft Big John Football? Maybe that explains some of the angst. He is available if we want to ditch the red headed scrub and see what a good QB looks like. Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 01:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah he started out rough (deep throw INT, sack, batted pass) and some got excited way too early. Those wound up being themes for the whole game, not just Andy. Andy wound up having arguably the best QB performance of the game. I'd love to see an argument for which of the 6 QBs were better.

Somebody wanted us to draft Big John Football? Maybe that explains some of the angst. He is available if we want to ditch the red headed scrub and see what a good QB looks like. Ninja

There is no argument there, all the articles I read spoke well of him, some even had his name in the headlines as "leading the AFC to victory.  It seems even the national media is on to Mediocre Marv and his Merry Band. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 09:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: How did Luck not be an alternate instead of Dalton or Alex Smith, especially Smith? He had a better season than either had. Brady, Carr, and Ben would have been my top 3 too, but Luck got snubbed. He wouldnt have played regardless due to surgery, so Dalton & Smith still would have been replacements.

Before I get flack for saying that, Luck was 3rd in AFC rating, 2nd in AFC tds, 3rd in AFC yds, and 2nd in yds/game. Dalton nor Smith were higher than him in any of those categories. He also tied with Dalton with being sacked 41 times.

Golden boy Luck put up very similar numbers to Dalton this past year...almost identical in yards.  Dalton did have 5 fewer INTs and a better completion %.  They also came from similar teams...both had struggling running attacks and a porous offensive line.  

As far as Smith goes, he had a full 700-plus yards less than Dalton, and fewer TDs.  He had a nice season, but acting like either Luck or Smith were better choices than Dalton would only be based on where their team finished.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 10:27 PM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Are you sure he was the first alternate...hmm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688764-pro-bowl-roster-2017-full-list-of-super-bowl-51-and-injury-replacements

The new Pro Bowlers have been rewarded for excellent seasons, although there will likely be plenty of debate about the replacements chosen.

The biggest names on the list come at quarterback, with Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton getting the honor of filling in for New England's Tom Brady. Per Chris Brown of the Buffalo Bills' official website, Tyrod Taylor was offered a spot but will not play because of his groin injury.

That left Dalton to earn his third Pro Bowl appearance despite finishing with a career-low 18 touchdown passes. His 91.8 quarterback rating was just the 15th-best in the NFL, per ESPN.com.

Kirk Cousins is another interesting addition as he looks for a long-term contract with the Washington Redskins. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Monday the team could also trade the quarterback to either the San Francisco 49ers or Cleveland Browns:

Typical cherry-picking of some stat that puts down a Bengal...in this case, Dalton.  

Tyrod Taylor was the only AFC QB that started every game and had fewer INTs than Dalton (2), but he also threw the ball much less, had only 61.7% completion percentage, and a measly 3000 yards passing.  

That QB rating with his #1 TE and #1 WR out for multiple games is probably a bigger accomplishment that his season of over 100 QB rating a year ago when he largely had a full complement.  Obviously, the players and coaches that get a vote (I think?) thought enough of him to have him attend.  
Reply/Quote
How sway
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 09:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: How did Luck not be an alternate instead of Dalton or Alex Smith, especially Smith? He had a better season than either had. Brady, Carr, and Ben would have been my top 3 too, but Luck got snubbed. He wouldnt have played regardless due to surgery, so Dalton & Smith still would have been replacements.

Before I get flack for saying that, Luck was 3rd in AFC rating, 2nd in AFC tds, 3rd in AFC yds, and 2nd in yds/game. Dalton nor Smith were higher than him in any of those categories. He also tied with Dalton with being sacked 41 times.

seriously? Luck has the third most turnovers in the NFL since being drafted... He's no better than Alex Smith who is at best a average to below average qb.
Reply/Quote