Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton's Improved Throwing Style and Trajectory
Maybe it's just me but I see a different Andy Dalton in 2019.  His throwing motion looks more efficient and the ball flies very fast with lots of spin when he releases it; I don't see him throwing too many "floaters" anymore.  In case you haven't noticed, Andy throws the ball on more of a line drive trajectory downfield now vice the previous years when his ball tended to fly higher on longer passes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 02:20 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Maybe it's just me but I see a different Andy Dalton in 2019.  His throwing motion looks more efficient and the ball flies very fast with lots of spin when he releases it; I don't see him throwing too many "floaters" anymore.  In case you haven't noticed, Andy throws the ball on more of a line drive trajectory downfield now vice the previous years when his ball tended to fly higher on longer passes.

Yeah, but hes 0-4 in the playoffs.  Tongue

Seroiusly, though, his passes do seem to be a little tighter, more spirally.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You guys are nuts. He's had a good zip on the ball since he started working with House. 

He doesn't look any different than last year or the year before. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You guys are nuts. He's had a good zip on the ball since he started working with House. 

He doesn't look any different than last year or the year before. 

Now if he could just work with Finley on pocket presence. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I liked his throwing style when he had no awareness and crossed the line of scrimmage for an illegal forward pass. Clutch penalty by our rookie QB to just get us out of fat Randy's FG range.
Reply/Quote