Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton's cast removed
Just seen an ESPN notification on my phone that said Dalton's cast has been removed but his status for Saturday is uncertain
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Well still very unlikely he plays with Saturday but a thread of hope for next week if we win...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think we play games with the Steelers so they dont know who to prepare for?

Let them think Andy will get the nod but I would almost be certain its going to be AJM.

With all that being said how would the game plan be different? I think either way they blitz a lot, their defense seems to get picked apart when they sit back.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:00 PM)corpjet Wrote: I think we play games with the Steelers so they dont know who to prepare for?  

Let them think Andy will get the nod but I would almost be certain its going to be AJM.

With all that being said how would the game plan be different?  I think either way they blitz a lot, their defense seems to get picked apart when they sit back.

Hopefully they do because Denver brought pressure and played man in the first half and AJM had his way with them. Now we can add in Eifert.
Reply/Quote
I think you see how he practices. If there are no signs of rust and he is throwing the ball as effectively as he was before the injury (big if) then you start him. If not, its McCarrons time. Simple as that.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
if this injury was to any other part of his body he would be playing for sure Saturday. But the throwing hand of a QB has to be near 100% to throw the ball well.

Doubt we see him until next week at the soonest. .
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: if this injury was to any other part of his body he would be playing for sure Saturday.  But the throwing hand of a QB has to be near 100% to throw the ball well.

Doubt we see him until next week at the soonest.  .

I agree cause the muscle will need time as well I would think it is his thumb yes but his forearm and wrist will have to have time to recover as well...  (normal usage)  probably like your arm being asleep for 2-3 weeks.....  !!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:45 AM)Trademark Wrote: Just seen an ESPN notification on my phone that said Dalton's cast has been removed but his status for Saturday is uncertain

Was just about to post that someone in my news feed said that they saw him in Kenwood without a cast.

It's huge that he might be back, but I'd be cautious about bringing him back because I wouldn't put it past the Steelers, especially Mike Mitchell, to target Andy.

I'd obviously give them both reps all week at practice and see how he's progressing, but then start McCarron and bring Andy in if he struggles or after halftime if nothing is really happening.  

All of this is speculation because none of us really know how Andy feels or if his hand/thumb is even strong enough to maybe be out there, but it sounds promising.

Either way, it's awesome news!
Reply/Quote
The thing is...a week isn't going to do much for this type of injury. There's going to be pain and discomfort. He can either handle it or he can't. Structurally, the injury isn't going to fully heal this week, next week or in 3 weeks.
Reply/Quote
The best plan is to role with AJM as others have noted, if he were to struggle (which I doubt) then throw in the Red Rifle....

Then next week will be fun as we will have a QB controversy on our hands!!! ugh
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I think the start AJ but if he struggles don't be surprised to see Dalton. I think back to Dalton saying when he first injured it he thought he just bruised it because it didn't hurt that bad. Was it a break or a crack? who knows. But if he can throw the ball and the bengals start to struggle hopefully they wont hesitate.
Reply/Quote
The only way Andy plays Saturday is if he has a full week of practice, throwing accurate at his normal reps, while experiencing no discomfort. Long shot, but could happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:32 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The thing is...a week isn't going to do much for this type of injury.  There's going to be pain and discomfort.  He can either handle it or he can't.  Structurally, the injury isn't going to fully heal this week, next week or in 3 weeks.

Well the difference between you and I having this injury and Andy is the type of treatment he would be given that you and I would not.  For example he has been getting some type of simulation in that thumb while in a cast.. you and I would not.   He was sent out of state to one of the top doctors in the nation to deal with this injury , you and I would not.  

I am not saying he will play this week (i am very doubtful) but the treatment pro athletes get is far more and better than the common person like you and I so he actually has a slight chance become of those advantages 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Was just about to post that someone in my news feed said that they saw him in Kenwood without a cast.

It's huge that he might be back, but I'd be cautious about bringing him back because I wouldn't put it past the Steelers, especially Mike Mitchell, to target Andy.

I'd obviously give them both reps all week at practice and see how he's progressing, but then start McCarron and bring Andy in if he struggles or after halftime if nothing is really happening.  

All of this is speculation because none of us really know how Andy feels or if his hand/thumb is even strong enough to maybe be out there, but it sounds promising.

I dont think you give them both reps. Those reps that McCarron gets are invaluable to him. At this point you almost need to decide which one you want to play and move forward with the decision. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I would be surprised if he practices or plays this week. But either way, I hope we play the QB the coaches feel give us the best shot to win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I dont think you give them both reps. Those reps that McCarron gets are invaluable to him. At this point you almost need to decide which one you want to play and move forward with the decision. 

If Dalton has been cleared to play, of course you give them both reps but if Dalton can;t even practice this week ,, AJM is the man Saturday, but if Dalton is able to practice and has little or no adverse affects, Dalton is your starter on Saturday
Reply/Quote
I can't see any way for Andy to play Saturday, even if by some scary freaky happening, and AJ goes down, Dalton is the franchise QB. Marvin won't risk hurting him even more.

And, as others have said, I wouldn't be surprised if stealers try to target our QB, once again.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would be surprised if he practices or plays this week. But either way, I hope we play the QB the coaches feel give us the best shot to win.

If deemed healthy enough to play, Dalton will start if he is able to get on practice field this week, if not  AJM will play
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Was just about to post that someone in my news feed said that they saw him in Kenwood without a cast.

Of course they will.  And they will target Eifert again because he's a huge mismatch for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:32 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The thing is...a week isn't going to do much for this type of injury.  There's going to be pain and discomfort.  He can either handle it or he can't.  Structurally, the injury isn't going to fully heal this week, next week or in 3 weeks.

Im sure they will numb it up for game time just enough to take the sharp pain away if he does play.

Let the Steelers prepare for both guys and just hope for the best. More of a reason with how paramount that Denver loss was, which we all knew going into the game. The rest of the team has to really step it up in all phases.

The thing that nobody can do Saturday is turn the ball over. Remember how the game changed when Bernard fumbled the ball in the Chargers playoff game near the goal line? Turnovers is going to make the difference Saturday.
Reply/Quote