Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton's cast removed
I hope they do. Ben has been turning it over left & right. Adam Jones & Reggie Nelson have to be licking their chops. Dre need to keep his shit together & don't get burned.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cast off =\= ready to go.

Just gotta wait and see. And hope. Meanwhile, AJ ain't chopped liver.
Reply/Quote
If he's able to play but not 100% I say we do what Denver did and put McCarron in with Andy as backup if McCarron struggles. That is if Andy is able to play.
Reply/Quote
Cast off or not, I don't think we see him again this season...regardless of how far the Bengals go into the playoffs. A throwing hand injury to a QB is not the easy injury to come back from quickly like a lot of you seem to think.

It may be really minor though....who knows? I would be incredibly surprised if he plays on Saturday.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:21 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Cast off or not, I don't think we see him again this season...regardless of how far the Bengals go into the playoffs.  A throwing hand injury to a QB is not the easy injury to come back from quickly like a lot of you seem to think.  

It may be really minor though....who knows?  I would be incredibly surprised if he plays on Saturday.

If we make it to the AFC Championship, and Dalton is 100%, he'll be our starter.
Reply/Quote
Dalton out. AJ starting. Already announced.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:10 PM)GodFather Wrote: Im sure they will numb it up for game time just enough to take the sharp pain away if he does play.

Let the Steelers prepare for both guys and just hope for the best. More of a reason with how paramount that Denver loss was, which we all knew going into the game. The rest of the team has to really step it up in all phases.

The thing that nobody can do Saturday is turn the ball over. Remember how the game changed when Bernard fumbled the ball in the Chargers playoff game near the goal line? Turnovers is going to make the difference Saturday.

This isn't a ankle problem, you can't numb up the most important digit on the hand of the QB.  As a QB you have to grip and feel the ball to get the proper spin out of your release.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:37 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Dalton out. AJ starting. Already announced.

Where?

Doesn't seem like something they'd announce with confidence a day after Dalton had his cast removed.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Where?

Doesn't seem like something they'd announce with confidence a day after Dalton had his cast removed.

Pretty sure Marvin said yesterday they were planning on starting AJ...... So nothing has changed.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Pretty sure Marvin said yesterday they were planning on starting AJ...... So nothing has changed.

Marvin said they'd spend the early part of the week preparing as though AJM was going to start. Maybe it's gamesmanship, and AJM is starting. Maybe it's gamesmanship, and Andy can pull a Burfict (ho the Bengals were vague about up until right before the first Pittsburgh game).

Unless anything was stated within the last few minutes, the poster who says Dalton is out can't be certain.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:54 PM)gobobro Wrote: Marvin said they'd spend the early part of the week preparing as though AJM was going to start. Maybe it's gamesmanship, and AJM is starting. Maybe it's gamesmanship, and Andy can pull a Burfict (ho the Bengals were vague about up until right before the first Pittsburgh game).

Unless anything was stated within the last few minutes, the poster who says Dalton is out can't be certain.

Kinda hard to bluff when Andy was still in a cast.. Nobody is falling for that. Starting Dalton a few days out of a cast is foolish.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Kinda hard to bluff when Andy was still in a cast.. Nobody is falling for that. Starting Dalton a few days out of a cast is foolish.

I'm not disputing the wisdom of a medical situation I know nothing about. I'm disputing the claim Dalton has already been declared out.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 04:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Kinda hard to bluff when Andy was still in a cast.. Nobody is falling for that. Starting Dalton a few days out of a cast is foolish.

When youre Andy Freakin Dalton...and have amazing hair...nothing is out of the question!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:17 PM)Beaker Wrote: When youre Andy Freakin Dalton...and have amazing hair...nothing is out of the question!

I like where your head is at with this!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 03:46 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Pretty sure Marvin said yesterday they were planning on starting AJ...... So nothing has changed.

He's being smart, though, and just doing what any good coach would do because, 1st off, it keeps the opposition off-balance, and it's also good for the team because, if he says that Andy's the starter and then he can't play, the team is demoralized and feels like they're at a disadvantage with AJ, even though they've already won with him.
Reply/Quote
I'd imagine if we see Andy that means thing are really going bad (ala Brock O). Otherwise I just don't see it. AJM will start the game.

Reply/Quote