Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton's surgery
Appears surgery went well for Andy and he will be full go by April.
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals continue to move on from the Mike/Marvin/Hue Show, I almost hope that they move on from Dalton just so the guy has a legit chance to be good for another team. He's a good guy and part of me wonders what he would look like if Sean Payton was his coach, or if he got to play behind Dallas' OL.

Dalton still has like 7 good seasons left in him age-wise. Heck, it took Palmer being 35 and with another team for him to have the best season of his career (and win a postseason game).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Bengals continue to move on from the Mike/Marvin/Hue Show, I almost hope that they move on from Dalton just so the guy has a legit chance to be good for another team. He's a good guy and part of me wonders what he would look like if Sean Payton was his coach, or if he got to play behind Dallas' OL.

Dalton still has like 7 good seasons left in him age-wise. Heck, it took Palmer being 35 and with another team for him to have the best season of his career (and win a postseason game).

I would wish Dalton the best no matter what, he is a good man and i still believe is underrated especially with being
put in the position he has over the years. Really, all he has had that has been solid is AJ and he has been injured quite
a bit. Would love to see what Dalton could do behind a good O-line like you said.

Just hope it is here if we get all new coaches besides Van Pelt and Pollack. Still think these two are decent and deserve
another year here at the very least. Get rid of all the Defensive coaches that is for damn sure and of course Marv.

To the OP, great news hope Dalton is ready to go come OTA's.
Reply/Quote
If all the gushing talk up about Driskles super human abilities comes to fruition then we won't have to worry about Andy. To read Hobsons nonsense you would think Driskle is a lock for the HOF and Andy just some nobody with average abilities barely able to throw a football. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into it and Hobson just can't help himself from making every 2nd string player out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Obviously sliced bread was invented just two weeks ago. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 02:55 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Bengals continue to move on from the Mike/Marvin/Hue Show, I almost hope that they move on from Dalton just so the guy has a legit chance to be good for another team. He's a good guy and part of me wonders what he would look like if Sean Payton was his coach, or if he got to play behind Dallas' OL.

Don’t know why he is allowed to leave and we have to stay!
Reply/Quote
The Redskins are waiting for the Rifle

But he ain't going anywhere

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 05:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would wish Dalton the best no matter what, he is a good man and i still believe is underrated especially with being
put in the position he has over the years. Really, all he has had that has been solid is AJ and he has been injured quite
a bit. Would love to see what Dalton could do behind a good O-line like you said.

Just hope it is here if we get all new coaches besides Van Pelt and Pollack. Still think these two are decent and deserve
another year here at the very least. Get rid of all the Defensive coaches that is for damn sure and of course Marv.

To the OP, great news hope Dalton is ready to go come OTA's.

Nate, I agree with you regarding Dalton as a man and player.

I will say that the Bengals have treated him well and he has enjoyed some success here.

Gruden did a great job in bringing him along and Jackson continued that. Other than Brady and Keenum, Dalton is the only QB in AFC who is not a first rounder.

He did have some good OL personnel for a few years (Whit, Zietler, Smith, Williams and Boling), and has been surrounded by some good weapons (Green, Jones, Sanu, Eifert, Gresham, Boyd, Gio, Hill and Mixon)

Although I hear the gist of the goodwill towards Dalton in wanting to see him succeed, however, I have a much more selfish opinion. We drafted him, developed him and have tried to surround him with multiple high round picks. Even traded for an expensive LT.

So, I say we keep him here, and reload around him.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 07:34 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate, I agree with you regarding Dalton as a man and player.

I will say that the Bengals have treated him well and he has enjoyed some success here.

Gruden did a great job in bringing him along and Jackson continued that. Other than Brady and Keenum, Dalton is the only QB in AFC who is not a first rounder.

He did have some good OL personnel for a few years (Whit, Zietler, Smith, Williams and Boling), and has been surrounded by some good weapons (Green, Jones, Sanu, Eifert, Gresham, Boyd, Gio, Hill and Mixon)

Although I hear the gist of the goodwill towards Dalton in wanting to see him succeed, however, I have a much more selfish opinion. We drafted him, developed him and have tried to surround him with multiple high round picks. Even traded for an expensive LT.

One nice thing about Andy is we could do exactly this and even draft a successor QB and he most likely would willingly help develop the kid. A side benefit of high character players. 
Reply/Quote
Woo man, I think he's a great guy, but with him at the helm with this staff and player personnel, it's just going to result in another mediocre season.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: One nice thing about Andy is we could do exactly this and even draft a successor QB and he most likely would willingly help develop the kid. A side benefit of high character players. 

I'm really hoping that he gets a legitimate shot in the next two years.

And holds up for another reload. Which means his mentoring days don't happen for 5-6 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:51 PM)thillan Wrote: Woo man, I think he's a great guy, but with him at the helm with this staff and player personnel, it's just going to result in another mediocre season.

Right.  Because we have problems with this staff and player personnel.
Reply/Quote

I'd prefer if we didn't have to wait until our QBs got to 35 before they a top flight season.

I've been hard on Dalton, largely because of the big game failures. But I will say that Mike Brown has a knack for sucking the competitive edge out of players.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 05:24 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Don’t know why he is allowed to leave and we have to stay!

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 07:34 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Nate, I agree with you regarding Dalton as a man and player.

Yeah i agree, keep him here, i have started to see that edge to him i think he was lacking in the past.

He also was not panicking in the pocket this year which is pretty amazing considering the lack of protection. I think
Van Pelt has a lot to do with this and i hope we keep him around with Dalton for a bit and see what blossoms from
it. My only problems i have had with Dalton is him panicking in the pocket and not playing well in big games, but the
latter is not just him. We get a better Head Coach here and i think things can change.

BTW, didn't know Dalton, Brady and Keenum were the only QB's in the AFC that were not first rounders, good stuff.

(11-30-2018, 09:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: One nice thing about Andy is we could do exactly this and even draft a successor QB and he most likely would willingly help develop the kid. A side benefit of high character players. 

Very true. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 05:24 PM)LondonWhoDey Wrote: Don’t know why he is allowed to leave and we have to stay!

Yeah, he is the lucky one, we are all trapped my friend lol
Reply/Quote
While I believe in Andy Dalton, my gut feeling tells me he has played his last game as a Cincinnati Bengal.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 06:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I believe in Andy Dalton, my gut feeling tells me he has played his last game as a Cincinnati Bengal.

I kind of feel like that is a possibility, but the part of me that has seen this ship “stay the course” at all costs says Andy goes nowhere as long as Marvin is still here.
Reply/Quote
Andy will be here, ready to go, day one of OTA's next year.....
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2018, 06:42 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: While I believe in Andy Dalton, my gut feeling tells me he has played his last game as a Cincinnati Bengal.

Andy is still under contract for another 2 years.  His salary is literally a bargain, when compared to other experienced starting QBs.  I would be completely SHOCKED, if Andy were to be moved for another option in that time frame.  

When all parts were healthy, this offense looked damn good, in the first part of the season.  And, that was with a patch-work, scrap-yard offensive line.  I predict that they will continue to rebuild the OL, attain a physically reliable TE, and continue to keep the current skill players in place.  If this team can establish a consistent rushing attack, they could score with the top offenses in the league.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Driskel has one chance to perform, and that day is today, and that is the only reason to watch today. We will know very quickly if he has any capability of keeping up with the porous defense.
Reply/Quote