Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton still a class act
Andy and JJ donated $150,000 to the UC COVID Crisis Response fund. Anyone else who potentially has one foot out the door may have turned their back on their soon to be former city. We may be looking forward to a new player in Burrow, but the city of Cincinnati will miss the man that Andy Dalton is...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Andy is such a great person and he was a good player for us for a long time. It is just time to move on, for both parties. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 02:11 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: Andy is such a great person and he was a good player for us for a long time. It is just time to move on, for both parties. I wish him luck wherever he ends up.

Me too — but I think Andy Dalton will end up as backup right here in Cincinnati. That wouldn’t be a bad thing at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great man Andy is. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Me too — but I think Andy Dalton will end up as backup right here in Cincinnati.  That wouldn’t be a bad thing at all.

With all due respect, I don't think that would be a good idea for anybody.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 05:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Me too — but I think Andy Dalton will end up as backup right here in Cincinnati.  That wouldn’t be a bad thing at all.

NO!
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 06:04 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, I don't think that would be a good idea for anybody.

I have no problem with it if he gets released and decides after offers cincy as a mentor one year back up at reduced salary is best for him.. he would be the best backup we could have for Burrow
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 06:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I have no problem with it if he gets released and decides after offers cincy as a mentor one year back up at reduced salary is best for him.. he would be the best backup we could have for Burrow

I don't know the man personally, so I'm just guessing, but he has said he wants a chance to compete to start and he sure won't be getting that here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Even though he's on his way out, Andy or most players wouldn't turn their backs on the city. It's a business and they know that. The community itself has nothing to do with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 07:09 PM)McC Wrote: I don't know the man personally, so I'm just guessing, but he has said he wants a chance to compete to start and he sure won't be getting that here.

Well meet him a few times, nothing but class and I pointed out if he does not like offers from other teams he might consider to accept a offer from bengals.. his family might come into play also, no promise from a team to start.. he might not want to uproot his family for one year
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:48 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well meet him a few times, nothing but class and I pointed out if he does not like offers from other teams he might consider to accept a offer from bengals.. his family might come into play also, no promise from a team to start.. he might not want to uproot his family for one year

Andy is a family man all the way.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 02:05 PM)pally Wrote: Andy and JJ donated $150,000 to the UC COVID Crisis Response fund.  Anyone else who potentially has one foot out the door may have turned their back on their soon to be former city.  We may be looking forward to a new player in Burrow, but the city of Cincinnati will miss the man that Andy Dalton is...

I love the guy, but everytime I see him I hear the song:  "He's Mr. Heat Miser, he's Mr. Sun.....Da da da da....He's Mr. Green Christmas, He's Mr 101!...They call me Heat Miser because whatever I touch, tends to melt, right in my clutch...I'm too much!"

[Image: 43209106fd8e7aac5474b34bcab20ee9.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 07:45 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Even though he's on his way out, Andy or most players wouldn't turn their backs on the city. It's a business and they know that. The community itself has nothing to do with that.

Yet Palmer did little for our city while here and when he quit. So who are the most players you speak of again???
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
AD is a class act in contrast to some fans who personally attack the man. Some of our fans are an embarrassment, not with critical critiques, but making it personal with name calling.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

I love Andy, he's a great person and I wish him well at whatever's next. But I think it's best for many reasons he moves on.
Reply/Quote
I like Dalton, I say we draft Borrow, let him sit behind Dalton, Dalton starts season With a defense and Better Oline. then if we are picking first next year we Wont need Trevor Lawerance, dude from clemsion, and we can trade That number one pick for a shitloat of picks. if we do this and pick number one we will know we need a new coach.

Dalton is the man came in as a rookie after a number ! pick that sat behind jon kidna….. Jon Kidna!!!!!. I would think that Dalton would teach a number 1 pick how to be a pro just like Kidna did for palmer, And if we go 3-13 and pick first again we can go ahead and fire taylor… They did play hard last year tough. beginning of year was full of touch losses just like opening game at Seattle
Reply/Quote
Andy was classy when he was drafted and classy in his most likely departure.
He's such a good dude. I wish him and his family the best and will be pulling for him as long as he isn't playing us.
Reply/Quote