Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton street value
(01-19-2018, 02:21 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: People who think we'd actually get a first rounder as well as another pick are delusional. Dalton's value right now is probably at his lowest point. This isn't 2015....he's coming off two very poor seasons.  I know many teams need a QB but with this year's draft full of potentially great QBs, the market for a guy like Dalton won't be as high as some of you think.

I could see a second round pick similar to what the Chiefs gave for Alex Smith.

He completed 64.7 percent of his passes, had a 7.5 yards per a pass attempt, threw for 4,200 yards, and only threw 8 interceptions in 2016. In what world is that a poor season?  This season I can get but he still managed to throw for 25 touchdowns even without a running game, poor offensive line, and lack of weapons besides AJ. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 06:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't answer the question I posed so that I can fully understand you, but I did answer yours, that's kind of rude: Are you saying Andy Dalton is worth "at least' 2 first Rd picks/

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 07:16 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He completed 64.7 percent of his passes, had a 7.5 yards per a pass attempt, threw for 4,200 yards, and only threw 8 interceptions in 2016. In what world is that a poor season?  This season I can get but he still managed to throw for 25 touchdowns even without a running game, poor offensive line, and lack of weapons besides AJ. 

In nonobjective Bengals fans' world. :andy:  People just can't fathom that he is an average to above-average QB.  He's gotta "suck" in that world.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looks like Zims and the Vikes are willing to start from scratch at QB. Maybe they'll give us a couple first round picks for Andy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'd take the browns 1st round pick and draft Josh Allen.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 05:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like Zims and the Vikes are willing to start from scratch at QB. Maybe they'll give us a couple first round picks for Andy

I think they are going for Cousins
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 05:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think they are going for Cousins

I'm sure but NYJ has already said they are going to pay whatever it takes. 

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 05:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think they are going for Cousins

That sounds like dating in West Virginia.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2018, 06:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm sure but NYJ has already said they are going to pay whatever it takes. 

.....but it's a two way street.  Cousins has said he doesn't want to go somewhere that doesn't have a pretty good shot at winning it all.  I'd say that rules out CLE, NYJ, and anywhere Mediocre Merv is coaching. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2018, 07:16 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He completed 64.7 percent of his passes, had a 7.5 yards per a pass attempt, threw for 4,200 yards, and only threw 8 interceptions in 2016. In what world is that a poor season?  This season I can get but he still managed to throw for 25 touchdowns even without a running game, poor offensive line, and lack of weapons besides AJ. 

Pssssst... Hey, bro, it's 2018. If it doesn't matter what year it actually is and we're just going to go back to whatever arbitrary point in time we need to make up our point, why don't the Bengals just go ahead and sign 1989 Joe Montana and his 70.3 completion %? Or, since you're a homer, maybe Kenny Anderson's 1982 70.6 might be of interest to you?

Who cares what Andy Dalton did in 2016 when discussing the thread topic of his 2018 street value?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2018, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.

I'll be forwarding this to people all day for a laugh. 2018 Andy Dalton worth 2 first rounders. Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!

In all seriousness... Pfffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 10:22 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Who cares what Andy Dalton did in 2016 when discussing the thread topic of his 2018 street value?

Anyone who lknows anything about rating QBs, that is who cares.

People who know how the NFL works are familiar with QBs having up years followed by down years followed by more up years.  that nis why they do not look at one year to judge a QB (unless he is getting old and at the end of his career)

When Brett Favre was Andy's age (30) he had a passer rating of 74.7 and 78.0 the next year.  But then he followed those two down seasons with three staright Pro Bowl seasons and went on to post 5 seasons with a 90+ passer rating.

In the three season when Ken Anderson was 29-31 years old he had a combined passer rating of 68.9, but at age 32 and 33 he lead the league in passer rating both seasons, won an MVP, and set the single season completion percentage record.

I could go on and on and on with many more examples.  But my point is that if yuou think people just look at one year to judge to talent of a 30 year old QB then you have no clue how the NFL works.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 10:24 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I'll be forwarding this to people all day for a laugh. 2018 Andy Dalton worth 2 first rounders. Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!

In all seriousness... Pfffffffffffffft!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness your opinion is meaningless to me.  It is like a child laughing at my opinion on adult issues.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is a lot belter than some people think.

Last year Bodine was being thrown into his face every other series or so, Og was protecting his blind side, and we had no running game until the last two games.

Dalton would excel for a team like the Broncos.

What did we get for Palmer? Dalton would improve the Broncos more than Palmer improved the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who lknows anything about rating QBs, that is who cares.

People who know how the NFL works are familiar with QBs having up years followed by down years followed by more up years.  that nis why they do not look at one year to judge a QB (unless he is getting old and at the end of his career)

When Brett Favre was Andy's age (30) he had a passer rating of 74.7 and 78.0 the next year.  But then he followed those two down seasons with three staright Pro Bowl seasons and went on to post 5 seasons with a 90+ passer rating.

In the three season when Ken Anderson was 29-31 years old he had a combined passer rating of 68.9, but at age 32 and 33 he lead the league in passer rating both seasons, won an MVP, and set the single season completion percentage record.

I could go on and on and on with many more examples.  But my point is that if yuou think people just look at one year to judge to talent of a 30 year old QB then you have no clue how the NFL works.

Fred- wasn't everyone trashing Anderson right before the 1981 Super Bowl season?

I think we drafted the Throwin Samoan Jack Thompson to replace Anderson  but maybe I am confused on history.

Management has been grossly negligent in allowing the o line to crash and thinking that Bodine and Og were the answers. The o line is the problem with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who lknows anything about rating QBs, that is who cares.

Andy Dalton has finished top 10 in passer rating once in his 7 year career. What does this have to do with your "up year/down year" assertion?

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 10:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Andy Dalton has finished top 10 in passer rating once in his 7 year career. What does this have to do with your "up year/down year" assertion?

It means exactly what I said it means.  All QBs have up an down years.  That is why people look at more than one year to determine the value of a QB.

When you look at Dalton's entire career you will see that he is currently ranked 10th in passer rating among active QBs  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 10:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It means exactly what I said it means.  All QBs have up an down years.  That is why people look at more than one year to determine the value of a QB.

When you look at Dalton's entire career you will see that he is currently ranked 10th in passer rating among active QBs  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_active.htm

Just behind Matt Shaub. 

What does that have to do with the up year/down year you used to explain Andy's career? 

Seems he's been a solid starter whose strength is longevity and stability of the program. Not sure how he fits the up year/down year pattern. 

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure how he fits the up year/down year pattern. 

Andy Dalton td passes the last 5 years

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2018, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just behind Matt Shaub.

Who finished in the top 10 in passer rating 5 straight years ('08-'12)

And just ahead of Mathew Stafford and Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote