Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton to the Saints
1 year $6 mill with $3 mill guaranteed per Schefter.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Good for him. I know he wasn't the most clutch of QBs, but he still brought us some good times, so I am glad he is able to stick around as a backup and keep on making that dough $$$
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Breaking news, the crescent city engulfed in a widespread run on hair gel products.
Reply/Quote
Too bad Payton retired. Coulda been a bit of a rebirth for Andy with him calling the offense. Assuming he ever sees the field that is.

At the very least Andy has continued to cash very nice paychecks as a backup these last few years. Good for him.
Reply/Quote
The Saints new coach also implied Taysom Hill will be utilized more as a TE rather than a QB/RB/WR/TE. I assume after Winston, Dalton is absolutely the first guy off the bench to play QB.
Reply/Quote
I wish him luck.
Reply/Quote
Good luck buddy !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 01:23 PM)cinci4life Wrote: 1 year $6 mill with $3 mill guaranteed per Schefter.

People can hate on Dalton all they want, but the guy is a winner. He is also a class act and did a lot for the Cincinnati community. He also seems to always be one of the top backup QB's every year now. Good for him and I hope he does well unless of course he plays in the game against us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 05:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: People can hate on Dalton all they want, but the guy is a winner. He is also a class act and did a lot for the Cincinnati community. He also seems to always be one of the top backup QB's every year now. Good for him and I hope he does well unless of course he plays in the game against us.

0-4(?) in the playoffs? 

I appreciate everything he did here but he couldn't get it done when it counted. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 01:32 PM)Garrus Wrote: Good for him. I know he wasn't the most clutch of QBs, but he still brought us some good times, so I am glad he is able to stick around as a backup and keep on making that dough $$$

Averaged 3 game winning drives per year for his first 8 years. That's 1 more than Tom Brady's first 8 years playing (ignoring his rookie year and knee injury year).

Was Andy Dalton a great QB? No, but he was pretty good and I think he was pretty clutch, certainly so within the confines of the franchise's limitations.

(03-29-2022, 05:50 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 0-4(?) in the playoffs? 

I appreciate everything he did here but he couldn't get it done when it counted. 

Nobody on the Bengals could under Lewis. He had 5 different QBs in the playoffs and all of them stank. Same problem with primetime games and Steelers games. It went beyond any one player, and the front office was doing little to nothing to help.

Come playoffs the defense couldn't tackle, the receivers couldn't catch, the RBs couldn't hold onto the ball. It was a full and complete team effort (or lack thereof).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 07:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nobody on the Bengals could under Lewis. He had 5 different QBs in the playoffs and all of them stank. Same problem with primetime games and Steelers games. It went beyond any one player, and the front office was doing little to nothing to help.

Come playoffs the defense couldn't tackle, the receivers couldn't catch, the RBs couldn't hold onto the ball. It was a full and complete team effort (or lack thereof).

Palmer went 0-2 but the first was the injury in '05 and then the second was when we went run heavy in '09. The second of which, I blame on Lewis and I blame not being able to get to the playoffs all the other years on him.

Dalton not being able to win a playoff game is on Dalton, IMCO, because, while Lewis wasn't a good coach, Dalton choked. He had completion percentages of 64.3, 46.7, 56.9, and 51.4 with 6 interceptions and only one touchdown, then yardages of 257, 127, 334, and 155.

Lewis was a bad coach, but Dalton definitely shit the bed in the playoffs too badly to blame on Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 07:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Palmer went 0-2 but the first was the injury in '05 and then the second was when we went run heavy in '09. The second of which, I blame on Lewis and I blame not being able to get to the playoffs all the other years on him.

Dalton not being able to win a playoff game is on Dalton, IMCO, because, while Lewis wasn't a good coach, Dalton choked. He had completion percentages of 64.3, 46.7, 56.9, and 51.4 with 6 interceptions and only one touchdown, then yardages of 257, 127, 334, and 155.

Lewis was a bad coach, but Dalton definitely shit the bed in the playoffs too badly to blame on Lewis.

Palmer threw 36 times in 2009. The Bengals ran 22 times (1 by Palmer). Palmer had 50% completion and 143 yards.

Kitna 2005: 60% completion, 4.9 YPA
Palmer 2009: 50% completion, 4.1 YPA
Dalton Playoffs: 55.7% completion, 5.5 YPA
McCarron 2015: 56.1% completion, 5.2 YPA

Not a single one of them has more TDs than INTs. You put Tom Brady on a Marvin Lewis Bengals team and he's choking too.

Marvin Lewis Coaching Tree
Marvin Lewis: 131-122-3, 0-7 in playoffs, Out of the NFL
Hue Jackson: 11-41-1, Out of the NFL
Jay Gruden: 35-49-1, Currently Jobless
Vance Joseph: 11-21, Now a DC
Mike Zimmer: 72-56-1, 2-3 in playoffs, Currently Jobless

Reply/Quote
For only $3 million with incentives up to $6 million.

Winston still viewed as the starter, but will miss the beginning of the season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For only $3 million with incentives up to $6 million.

Winston still viewed as the starter, but will miss the beginning of the season.

Andy Dalton to Saints (thebengalsboard.com)
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
This pretty much guarantees Jameis will be out when we play them.

Reply/Quote
Good fit for Andy and smart move by Saints to get a veteran to fill in while Winston is out
Reply/Quote
[Image: 2000w_q95.jpg]
The dude held us back for a decade. He's a great guy and I wish him the best, but even Pacman recently said:

"The closest we ever got to winning a playoff game was with AJ MCCarron starting" and Pacman was in the locker room
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Smart move. Dalton is a quality back up for someone. This could also give the Bengals a chance at finally beating Dalton since we play the Saints this upcoming season.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 08:22 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Andy Dalton to Saints (thebengalsboard.com)

Ah. I didn't check there because that's the wrong forum to post about Andy.

Former Bengal + still in the league = Around the NFL. I'll go ahead and merge.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This pretty much guarantees Jameis will be out when we play them.

I hope not. One because I kind of hope Jameis has a career revival (but not against the Bengals), two because for whatever F'd up reason Dalton has the Bengals number. Zero reason to lose to the 2020 Cowboys or 2021 Bears.

Reply/Quote