Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Dalton to the Saints
(03-30-2022, 02:49 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I hope not. One because I kind of hope Jameis has a career revival (but not against the Bengals), two because for whatever F'd up reason Dalton has the Bengals number. Zero reason to lose to the 2020 Cowboys or 2021 Bears.

That’s what I was referring to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Andy could go on for years as a backup, and it's good he got away from the Bears. He had some extremely fun games to watch as a Bengal such as back-to-back years of annihilating New York teams by over 40 points in both cases. He also caught a TD pass against the Titans once. Of all his playoff losses, the worst one was against the Chargers. He must have been watching the Bengal's playoff run at home going, dang!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This pretty much guarantees Jameis will be out when we play them.

Crap, Andy is 2-0 against us.. 
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: 2000w_q95.jpg]
The dude held us back for a decade. He's a great guy and I wish him the best, but even Pacman recently said:

"The closest we ever got to winning a playoff game was with AJ MCCarron starting" and Pacman was in the locker room

That's pretty rich comin' from Pacman. That clown was pretty culpable in losing that game. His tears on the bench after the loss tell me that he knows he was too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Crap, Andy is 2-0 against us.. 

And I’m sure you’d love it to be 3-0. But our new guy plays some pretty good football in the state of Louisiana…

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:23 PM)jason Wrote: That's pretty rich comin' from Pacman. That clown was pretty culpable in losing that game. His tears on the bench after the loss tell me that he knows he was too.

Jerry Porter didn’t belong on the field! Tongue

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:23 PM)jason Wrote: That's pretty rich comin' from Pacman. That clown was pretty culpable in losing that game. His tears on the bench after the loss tell me that he knows he was too.

Of course Pacman blamed himself. The QB played well enough to win in that one. Now the others....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Great landing spot for Andy. I think he's the best QB on the team too. We'll see what happens. Happy to see him go to a good team. Saints still have a really good roster--just no QB since Brees retired. They 'may' get a playoff nod this year.. With Winston throwing though, I think it's a lock that they miss.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 04:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course Pacman blamed himself. The QB played well enough to win in that one. Now the others....

He really didn't.

McCarron scored 0 points for the first 46 minutes of the game while throwing an INT and having 3 fumbles.

The defense meanwhile held the 4th overall scoring offense to 18 points despite the offense turning the ball over 4 times, leading to 9 of those 18 points. 

McCarron even plays at an even mediocre level for the entire game and the Bengals win by 20+.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is a man of faith so no matter whether he was a Bengal, a Cowboy, or a Bear, he has always been a Saint.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 08:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He really didn't.

McCarron scored 0 points for the first 46 minutes of the game while throwing an INT and having 3 fumbles.

The defense meanwhile held the 4th overall scoring offense to 18 points despite the offense turning the ball over 4 times, leading to 9 of those 18 points. 

McCarron even plays at an even mediocre level for the entire game and the Bengals win by 20+.

The touchdown to Green came off a short field from Burfict sacking Ben on the goal line too... Right?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Bummer.. Our fate is sealed to a 4th superbowl loss to the Saints and none other than Andy Dalton..  Damned..That's gonna suck!  Sick
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 08:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He really didn't.

The McCarron playoff game: The only playoff game in NFL history that was only played for 3 quarters. 

Bottomline a member of the team, not a member of this message board asserted Andy Dalton held them back in the playoffs and I tend to agree with his assertion. A backup starting his 4th NFL game had a better playoff game than Andy did in 10 years here..

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2022, 09:17 PM)jason Wrote: The touchdown to Green came off a short field from Burfict sacking Ben on the goal line too... Right?

3-and-out followed by an Adam Jones 24 yard punt return. You were right it was a short field, started on the Pit 45. The Hill TD was the short field TD from the Burfict sack. Both of the Bengals TDs in the game were started on the Steelers side of the field. The defense really did all the work in that game and the offense was awful.

(04-01-2022, 11:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The McCarron playoff game: The only playoff game in NFL history that was only played for 3 quarters. 

Bottomline a member of the team, not a member of this message board asserted Andy Dalton held them back in the playoffs and I tend to agree with his assertion. A backup starting his 4th NFL game had a better playoff game than Andy did in 10 years here..

The McCarron playoff game: The only playoff game in NFL history where a QB can be absolute dogshit against the 30th ranked pass defense while giving the opposing team free points and still "did enough to win" by scoring only 3 points on drives that started on the Bengals half of the field while the rest of the team "didn't".

McCarron was awful and the defense almost single handedly won that game. Look at you bringing it back to Dalton. You claimed McCarron did enough to win that game, he didn't, he was terrible. So was Dalton in his playoff appearances.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 04:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3-and-out followed by an Adam Jones 24 yard punt return. You were right it was a short field, started on the Pit 45. The Hill TD was the short field TD from the Burfict sack. Both of the Bengals TDs in the game were started on the Steelers side of the field. The defense really did all the work in that game and the offense was awful.

The McCarron playoff game: The only playoff game in NFL history where a QB can be absolute dogshit against the 30th ranked pass defense while giving the opposing team free points and still "did enough to win" by scoring only 3 points on drives that started on the Bengals half of the field while the rest of the team "didn't".

McCarron was awful and the defense almost single handedly won that game. Look at you bringing it back to Dalton. You claimed McCarron did enough to win that game, he didn't, he was terrible. So was Dalton in his playoff appearances.

The Burfict playoff game...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 08:55 AM)jason Wrote: The Burfict playoff game...

Crazy that if Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble, Burfict probably gets a statue built in Cincinnati. He was the one who made the Bengals almost win.

- - - - -
Sacks Ben for -12 on 3rd down to force them to punt (and knocks Ben out of the game briefly), Bengals get the ball on the Steelers side of the field and score their first points with a TD.

Because Ben was knocked out of the game by Burfict, Landry Jones goes 1-2 for 4 yards plus a -11 yard sack on the next drive and they punt, Bengals get a FG.

Again because Ben was knocked out of the game by Burfict, Landry Jones goes 1-2 for 7 yards and a 3-and-out, Adam Jones gets a 24 yard punt return, Bengals get the ball on the Steelers side of the field and score a TD.

AGAIN because Ben was knocked out of the game by Burfict, Burfict picks Landry Jones off at the Pittsburgh 26 yard line with 1:36 left. Bengals should win right there if Hill can just hold onto the ball.

Burfict: 6 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 QB Hits, 1 Sack, 1 Pdef, 1 FF

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2022, 04:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3-and-out followed by an Adam Jones 24 yard punt return. You were right it was a short field, started on the Pit 45. The Hill TD was the short field TD from the Burfict sack. Both of the Bengals TDs in the game were started on the Steelers side of the field. The defense really did all the work in that game and the offense was awful.

Tell it to PacMan. He was on the team and in the locker room. 

Do you realize how much you're trashing Andy when you trash AJ's playoff game? He had our best performance since Boomer Esiason. 

All I did was say AD held us back for 10 years and provided a quote from a player in the locker room who supports the thought. So folks went after PacMan and McCarron.

Reply/Quote