Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Gets Respect From Madden
So, I seem to remember a lot of people feeling Andy was disrespected when came to things like this in previous years. That's the main reason I'm posting this. Do I care about Madden ratings? Not much. But I figured would like to see that Andy has turned the corner in some eyes nationally.

He comes in at number 9. Ahead of names like: Romo, Rivers, Ryan, and Stafford. He's only 3 off of Drew Brees, and 1 off Andrew Luck. So, all in all, I think this is a nice showing of respect for his performance last year. See for yourself here:

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings/?i=1&p=QB&s=ovr_rating:DESC
Reply/Quote
Last year was the high point of Dalton's Career.

You'd have to think Dalton is A-Rod status to think otherwise.

Not every QB can get the most from an underwhelming receiving corps, and that's okay.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 07:57 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Last year was the high point of Dalton's Career.

Not every QB can get the most from an underwhelming receiving corps, and that's okay.

You reached the high point of your message board posting career a few weeks ago. Not many people can say they're on the downside of their careers 5 posts shy of 350. You've reached new heights/depths.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 07:47 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So, I seem to remember a lot of people feeling Andy was disrespected when came to things like this in previous years.  That's the main reason I'm posting this.  Do I care about Madden ratings?  Not much.  But I figured would like to see that Andy has turned the corner in some eyes nationally.  

He comes in at number 9.  Ahead of names like: Romo, Rivers, Ryan, and Stafford.  He's only 3 off of Drew Brees, and 1 off Andrew Luck.  So, all in all, I think this is a nice showing of respect for his performance last year.  See for yourself here:

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/player-ratings/?i=1&p=QB&s=ovr_rating:DESC

I heard Cam Newton has a 0 Rating on Fumble Recoveries. Have you seen that anywhere?

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 08:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You reached the high point of your message board posting career a few weeks ago. Not many people can say they're on the downside of their careers 5 posts shy of 350. You've reached new heights/depths.

Try all he wants, but he'll never, even on his best day ever, be as cool as this guy was..

[Image: 13876678_10208845182000012_3006019690515...e=585DC917]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
How could they give his noodle arm a throw power of 90?! What were these Madden creators thinking?! Ninja 

Lol Andy has a really low tackle rating amongs his fellow QBs. Gotta wonder if the tackle against Pitt played a role in that.

Weirdest part though is why isn't the THA or throw accuracy stat available? Seems like the most important one to look at with these QBs
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 08:03 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You reached the high point of your message board posting career a few weeks ago. Not many people can say they're on the downside of their careers 5 posts shy of 350. You've reached new heights/depths.

Hilarious

To the OP, i thought Dalton was a top 5 QB last year until the injury. But to see Madden give him a little credit is nice.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: How could they give his noodle arm a throw power of 90?! What were these Madden creators thinking?! Ninja 

Lol Andy has a really low tackle rating amongs his fellow QBs. Gotta wonder if the tackle against Pitt played a role in that.

Weirdest part though is why isn't the THA or throw accuracy stat available? Seems like the most important one to look at with these QBs

Because John Madden football never makes any sense.

Just ask Ethan Albright Ninja

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Ethan-Albright-Rips-John-Madden&highlight=Ethan+ALbright
Reply/Quote

Was this supposed to be funny?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 01:42 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Was this supposed to be funny?

I mean, not to you. But judging by the abundance of reputation points I raked in for that comment, I can't help but think a few people got a little chuckle out of it. And you know handing out reputation points is a lot like riding a jet ski, you can't do it without smiling. It's science.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 03:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I mean, not to you. But judging by the abundance of reputation points I raked in for that comment, I can't help but think a few people got a little chuckle out of it. And you know handing out reputation points is a lot like riding a jet ski, you can't do it without smiling. It's science.

Your audience lacks a sense of humor.

And you suck at spotting quality shitposting. My career is sporadic, but what do you expect? I'm a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 03:51 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Your audience lacks a sense of humor.

And you suck at spotting quality shitposting. My career is sporadic, but what do you expect? I'm a rookie.

You have such an articulate vocabulary using the word "suck" in a sentence. Are you a lexicographer?

Reply/Quote
[Image: Dalton.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 04:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You have such an articulate vocabulary using the word "suck" in a sentence. Are you a lexicographer?

I'm an artist. Gotta mix the ying and the yang.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 03:51 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Your audience lacks a sense of humor.

(08-04-2016, 04:08 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You have such an articulate vocabulary using the word "suck" in a sentence. Are you a lexicographer?

Don't make me pull this van over!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 04:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't make me pull this van over!

He's a good kid, don't punish him.

Reply/Quote
I didn't even do nuffin.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 04:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: He's a good kid, don't punish him.

(08-04-2016, 04:33 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I didn't even do nuffin.

Mmmmmhmm, that's what I thought.... now play nice.   Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 07:57 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Last year was the high point of Dalton's Career.

Dalton played his best ball last year and he's had very good talent around him his entire career. QBs like Tannehill hasn't had anyone like AJ Green on his team for even a game let along his entire career.

But, at least Dalton kept at it and turned things around. After 2014 and the many playoff failures, he needed to show up and he did. So we have to give him credit for that.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 12:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton played his best ball last year and he's had very good talent around him his entire career. QBs like Tannehill hasn't had anyone like AJ Green on his team for even a game let along his entire career.

But, at least Dalton kept at it and turned things around. After 2014 and the many playoff failures, he needed to show up and he did. So we have to give him credit for that.

Of course. He deserves all the credit for that.

But I don't think he did enough for me to safely say he's "elite" so to speak. Very few QBs are, for one, and two, Dalton has been very blessed in having a stout defense behind him. It more often than not put him in great spots to score.

Which draws me to my last point: He's not AaRon Rodgers, but that's OKAY!

Let's assume the worst and say that i'm correct, he isn't "elite". He doesn't have to be. You don't have to be a phenom to win the Super Bowl. It helps, but being non-terrible with a stout defense can get you to the big dance too. The 2015 Broncos shredded my doubts on that.

Now, do I think last year provided proof that Dalton is serviceable? Yes, yes it did. Does Dalton deserve the credit/respect of an above-average quarterback? Absolutely. (mentioning this because of the endless complaints about being 'negative" and "trolling" around these parts)
Reply/Quote