Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Janovich
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/andy-janovich-will-hit-free-agency-as-browns-decline-to-exercise-his-option/ar-AAUKhLF?ocid=uxbndlbing

He's now a FA. I have always thought that a FB instead of a 4th RB made more sense. The only offensive snaps the Bengals 4th RB took all year was when they blew out the Lions and put in backups, and Week 18 when they sat almost all of their starters.

Don't know what the draft options for FB are this year, but signing Janovich for $1.2m or so might be an alternative to using a 6th/7th round pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to see the Bengals offense utilize a FB/H-back in a percentage of their offense, but the reality is that it's common knowledge that Joe prefers the empty set over the power set.

Besides, couldn't we just sign Peko to a token contract to suit up for those 3 plays/game that we'd actually utilize a FB? Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sign the Ratbirds’ Richard. They lined him up at TE a bunch last year so he has experience there as well. FB / TE2-3 solved. And it weakens a division rival!
Reply/Quote
I agree a FB would be a nice add on piece. But my pick is a guy who can also back up the DL and is better.

Patrick Ricard of the Ravens

I don't see them tagging him and he should be available. He weighs 300lbs and is a stud athlete.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 06:00 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/andy-janovich-will-hit-free-agency-as-browns-decline-to-exercise-his-option/ar-AAUKhLF?ocid=uxbndlbing

He's now a FA. I have always thought that a FB instead of a 4th RB made more sense. The only offensive snaps the Bengals 4th RB took all year was when they blew out the Lions and put in backups, and Week 18 when they sat almost all of their starters.

Don't know what the draft options for FB are this year, but signing Janovich for $1.2m or so might be an alternative to using a 6th/7th round pick.

A FB should definitely help in those short yardage situations and also blocking.

If looking in the draft, I found a RB that might be able to cover that role - Clint Ratkovich from Northern Illinois.
6'1", 231 lbs
He also has the ability to catch passes out of the backfield and uses his size to bulldoze in the run game.
TDN has him listed as a 7th rounder.
He could be a potential quality option to replace Perine, but also used as a FB/H-B (which TDN thinks he could probably do).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree a FB would be a nice add on piece. But my pick is a guy who can also back up the DL and is better.

Patrick Ricard of the Ravens

I don't see them tagging him and he should be available. He weighs 300lbs and is a stud athlete.

Always been impressed with Ricard, he would be my favorite to bring in. Versatile and is like another OL out there.

And, as D.O.Z. says it weakens a division rival to boot.
Reply/Quote