Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Luck
The Jets deflated the balls...  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:47 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: And what was the Steeler's DEFENSE rated that year? Oh yeah... NUMBER 1! When you have the top rated defense, you can win with a shitty OL. The Colts defense is also invisible this season. So with an invisible defense AND a shitty OL, you really want to put all that on Andrew Luck's shoulders? Yeah...  RIIIGHT!  ThumbsUp

BTW... I don't give a shit about Jake Delhomme anymore.  :snark:

But wasn't your Andrew > Andy argument always that Luck was the kind of quarterback that could make up for those kinds of deficiencies? This season will be a huge test to that argument.
Reply/Quote
Luck made some bad throws, but it's because he has no choice and he's usually being hit when he throws. That O line is a mess, and it's astounding they let that happen. You have a top 5 QB, and you are letting him get his ass kicked.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can make one excuse for the Colts. Their secondary was decimated with injuries.

The Dline looked good, at times the Jets couldn't run at all.

The Oline was terrible though and Luck had guys in his face all night.

They need to fix that Oline quick before Luck is killed
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 11:36 AM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: I can make one excuse for the Colts. Their secondary was decimated with injuries.

The Dline looked good, at times the Jets couldn't run at all.

The Oline was terrible though and Luck had guys in his face all night.

They need to fix that Oline quick before Luck is killed

soonist they can fix the OL will be next offseason unless they all of the sudden start playing better...

they should have fixed it for Luck this offseason instead of getting declining super stars of the past
Reply/Quote
Luck should learn to read a defense and decide where to throw the ball, instead of standing back there for 5 seconds and blaming his offensive line (luck didn't blame the line, everyone else blames the line).

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 09:47 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: And what was the Steeler's DEFENSE rated that year? Oh yeah... NUMBER 1! When you have the top rated defense, you can win with a shitty OL. The Colts defense is also invisible this season. So with an invisible defense AND a shitty OL, you really want to put all that on Andrew Luck's shoulders? Yeah...  RIIIGHT!  ThumbsUp

BTW... I don't give a shit about Jake Delhomme anymore.  :snark:

the top rated defense got them to the playoffs, but other than troys pick 6, it was all offense and ben that got them there and won the games
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:17 PM)Griever Wrote: the top rated defense got them to the playoffs, but other than troys pick 6, it was all offense and ben that got them there and won the games

Especially in the Super Bowl.  The D almost lost that game because they kept allowing the Cardinals to come back. 

On a slightly unrelated note, we are now the 2008 Cardinals (elite O, mediocre D).  We even have their OC. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 07:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Oh, for sure.  I "respect" coltsfan...he eats his crow and shows up no matter what. 
How can someone eat crow but not spaghetti with chili on it?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 10:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Luck made some bad throws, but it's because he has no choice and he's usually being hit when he throws.  That O line is a mess, and it's astounding they let that happen.  You have a top 5 QB, and you are letting him get his ass kicked.

Yeah, it's astounding that Ryan Grigson has continued to ignore the need for quality OL guys and keep getting skill guys that can't get open because the OL can't do their job. People should ask Ryan Grigson that question.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 01:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Luck should learn to read a defense and decide where to throw the ball, instead of standing back there for 5 seconds and blaming his offensive line (luck didn't blame the line, everyone else blames the line).

He doesn't have 5 seconds to stand back. His OL is a sieve and he has maybe 2 seconds before he's flattened. You think he has time to read a defense?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 06:17 PM)Griever Wrote: the top rated defense got them to the playoffs, but other than troys pick 6, it was all offense and ben that got them there and won the games

You don't get it, do you? The Steelers at least HAD a defense! The Colts DON'T! Just because of that, you cannot equate the two teams, okay? No way Big Ben even gets into the the playoffs without a defense. Especially of he has no OL.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 04:39 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: How can someone eat crow but not spaghetti with chili on it?

I've already said that I like the chili, but I can't stand the pasta mush underneath it.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how long it will take before people stop blaming the GM and owner and realize that neckbeard holding the ball too long, is the reason he's hit and sacked so much.

Ah well, they'll get there eventually.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 08:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder how long it will take before people stop blaming the GM and owner and realize that neckbeard holding the ball too long, is the reason he's hit and sacked so much.

Not going to happen anytime soon, I'm afraid. The NFL is trying to market Luck as their next superstar QB with Peyton and Brady getting long in the tooth, and not a lot of young QB's are having tremendous success. Seriously, as embattled as Andy Dalton is in the national media, he is still either the 3rd or 4th best QB drafted in the past 5 years, behind Luck, Russell Wilson, and maybe Cam Newton.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:14 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You don't get it, do you? The Steelers at least HAD a defense! The Colts DON'T! Just because of that, you cannot equate the two teams, okay? No way Big Ben even gets into the the playoffs without a defense. Especially of he has no OL.

So many excuses for a dude who says Luck could flourish regardless of the team around him.

More turnovers than Jay Cutler over the last 2 seasons. ***** pathetic.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 08:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I wonder how long it will take before people stop blaming the GM and owner and realize that neckbeard holding the ball too long, is the reason he's hit and sacked so much.

He doesn't have enough time to hold the ball too long. He's flattened before he gets a chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 01:46 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: He doesn't have enough time to hold the ball too long. He's flattened before he gets a chance.

Sounds like more lame excuses.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 02:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sounds like more lame excuses.

Its ok to make excuses for Luck because he's won a playoff game... :snark:
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:07 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Yeah, it's astounding that Ryan Grigson has continued to ignore the need for quality OL guys and keep getting past their prime skill guys that can't get open because the OL can't do their job. People should ask Ryan Grigson that question.

Fixed.
Reply/Quote