Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Luck
(09-25-2015, 04:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Its ok to make excuses for Luck because he's won a playoff game... :snark:

How in the world does a team get to draft a QB like Manning, win a SB with him along with all his other records, suck for one year then get another physically gifted QB who gets to play 2 injury-decimated teams in back to back years while winning 11 games three straight years in the worst division in football?

Meanwhile, Bengals fans get to suffer through 12 straight years of the worst team in football, followed up by 12 more years of a coach and team that gets close but can't even win a single playoff game, while watching 2 other division opponents win 2 SBs each?

W thee F?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How in the world does a team get to draft a QB like Manning, win a SB with him along with all his other records, suck for one year then get another physically gifted QB who gets to play 2 injury-decimated teams in back to back years while winning 11 games three straight years in the worst division in football?

Meanwhile, Bengals fans get to suffer through 12 straight years of the worst team in football, followed up by 12 more years of a coach and team that gets close but can't even win a single playoff game, while watching 2 other division opponents win 2 SBs each?

W thee F?

Maybe some kind of curse?

I read that Paul Brown tried to keep Bill Walsh from getting a coaching job in the NFL back in the day. That's kind of a dick move and could explain the 2 Superbowl losses to a Bill Walsh coached 49er's. The other thing I read was Bo Jackson's career being prematurely ended by a Bengal? That's could explain the playoff drought.

So, maybe the bad karma has rubbed off by now and this is the year the Bengals are back to normal?  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 10:33 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Maybe some kind of curse?

I read that Paul Brown tried to keep Bill Walsh from getting a coaching job in the NFL back in the day. That's kind of a dick move and could explain the 2 Superbowl losses to a Bill Walsh coached 49er's. The other thing I read was Bo Jackson's career being prematurely ended by a Bengal? That's could explain the playoff drought.

So, maybe the bad karma has rubbed off by now and this is the year the Bengals are back to normal?  ThumbsUp

There's no such thing as curses.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 07:14 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You don't get it, do you? The Steelers at least HAD a defense! The Colts DON'T! Just because of that, you cannot equate the two teams, okay? No way Big Ben even gets into the the playoffs without a defense. Especially of he has no OL.

Ben got to the playoffs last year. And that offense looks good enough to make it again this year. That's even without Bell.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 11:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's no such thing as curses.

Oooooooh yes there is!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d813d6891/Curse-of-the-Terrible-Towel
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 07:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Meanwhile, Bengals fans get to suffer through 12 straight years of the worst team in football,

Eh, maybe 2nd worse. That honor should go to the Cleveland Shit Stains
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 12:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Eh, maybe 2nd worse. That honor should go to the Cleveland Shit Stains

I was referring to 1991-2002.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2015, 01:23 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I was referring to 1991-2002.

It seems the Bengals always had talent but didn't know how to utilize it.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 11:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There's no such thing as curses.

What about the curse of jake delhomme?
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton > Andrew Luck
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Luck 7 Int 1 fumble and 5 TD. Damn I thought I got a steal when I drafted him on my FF team in the 3rd round. He is benched. I'd play Jake Delhomme over him if he was still in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:11 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Luck 7 Int 1 fumble and 5 TD.  Damn I thought I got a steal when I drafted him on my FF team in the 3rd round.  He is benched.  I'd play Jake Delhomme over him if he was still in the league.

You should play Delhomme regardless. He'll probably put up better numbers than Luck even though he's not currently playing.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 10:33 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Maybe some kind of curse?

I believe in the bo Jackson curse. However I believe it was broken this year, when we just got our first win in oakland.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 06:11 PM)Bengaldor Wrote: Luck 7 Int 1 fumble and 5 TD. Damn I thought I got a steal when I drafted him on my FF team in the 3rd round. He is benched. I'd play Jake Delhomme over him if he was still in the league.

benched him for palmer... would have been better if kaepnernick didnt throw as many TDs for the cardinals as palmer did.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:09 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I believe in the bo Jackson curse. However I believe it was broken this year, when we just got our first win in oakland.

You may be right. Also, I think the Bill Walsh curse is also probably over since he's passed away. So it looks like this is the year the Bengals become "normal"!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:29 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: You may be right. Also, I think the Bill Walsh curse is also probably over since he's passed away. So it looks like this is the year the Bengals become "normal"!  ThumbsUp

Bengals might be the "new" normal.. Colts look like the "new" chaos team.. i am wondering if they will start fighting like the Nationals.. looks like a lot of internal back and forth...  I like the Bengal normal
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 07:52 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: Bengals might be the "new" normal.. Colts look like the "new" chaos team.. i am wondering if they will start fighting like the Nationals.. looks like a lot of internal back and forth...  I like the Bengal normal

I wish the Colts had the calmness that the Bengals organization have right now. You're right, "CHAOS" is a good description of the Colts. I'm surprised they can even win games. The infighting between Grigson and Pagano has exploded to the outside world. It's to the point where Pagano has intimated that he may not be the coach of the Colts no matter what happens. In the meantime, there's been questions about how Pep Hamilton has handled all of the talent in the Offense. Clearly, he's failed in that arena.

I don't think the Colts players are fighting amongst each other, but it seems like all of the supporting cast that helps to give them confidence are infighting.

Remember... the players are basically kids. The ADULTS are the coaches, owners, etc. So the kids look up to the adults. So if the adults are fighting, the kids are basically lost. That's what's happening to the Colts. I'm hoping the fighting stops long enough so they can actually play football.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 03:09 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: I believe in the bo Jackson curse. However I believe it was broken this year, when we just got our first win in oakland.

I've never believed in the Jackson curse and i cringe every time someone brings it up. If your reasoning will help others to stop talking about it, i'm all for it! Spread the word!!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:54 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I wish the Colts had the calmness that the Bengals organization have right now. You're right, "CHAOS" is a good description of the Colts. I'm surprised they can even win games. The infighting between Grigson and Pagano has exploded to the outside world. It's to the point where Pagano has intimated that he may not be the coach of the Colts no matter what happens. In the meantime, there's been questions about how Pep Hamilton has handled all of the talent in the Offense. Clearly, he's failed in that arena.

I don't think the Colts players are fighting amongst each other, but it seems like all of the supporting cast that helps to give them confidence are infighting.

Remember... the players are basically kids. The ADULTS are the coaches, owners, etc. So the kids look up to the adults. So if the adults are fighting, the kids are basically lost. That's what's happening to the Colts. I'm hoping the fighting stops long enough so they can actually play football.

What about that time an offensive lineman knocked Luck's hand away when he was trying to talk to him?

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What about that time an offensive lineman knocked Luck's hand away when he was trying to talk to him?

That was because Luck's hand was still wet from the thumbsucking.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote