Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Ouch!
(10-26-2020, 11:34 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Disagree 100%

He was a below avg nfl qb - that’s supported by year over year facts.

He needed an entire offense built around him to see any success - just like a backup would need

And in his Prime (last off-season) the whole league could have brought him in. And he settled on the only offer he received...A backup qb role.

32 is not most NFL players prime. Not everyone is Tom Brady or Drew Brees.

Anyone on here can tell you I had my issues with Dalton, but it’s disingenuous to claim he wasn’t at least decent for a few years there. Where I always disagreed was the “above average” talk, or how it was just seemingly never his fault (it was Marvin, it was the play calling, it was the OL, etc). He deserved plenty of the blame for not being able to get some really good teams over the hump.

But he was hardly some scrub who didn’t belong starting. Most teams probably would have moved on from him a couple years sooner than we did, but that’s just the Bengals M.O. Whether it’s players or coaches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's really sad about what is happening to Andy in Dallas. That defensive guy should get a big fine and at least a two game suspension.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2020, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 32 is not most NFL players prime. Not everyone is Tom Brady or Drew Brees.

Anyone on here can tell you I had my issues with Dalton, but it’s disingenuous to claim he wasn’t at least decent for a few years there. Where I always disagreed was the “above average” talk, or how it was just seemingly never his fault (it was Marvin, it was the play calling, it was the OL, etc). He deserved plenty of the blame for not being able to get some really good teams over the hump.

But he was hardly some scrub who didn’t belong starting. Most teams probably would have moved on from him a couple years sooner than we did, but that’s just the Bengals M.O. Whether it’s players or coaches.

Fair enough on 32 not being prime, but it is still within the window of big time production for QBs. 

But, the facts are still the facts. 

Sum up his 8 seasons here, he was below avg in the majority of them

The Entire League had the chance to bring him in, and the only offer he got was a backup - Because he is by definition a backup

And, once he was elevated from backup to starter due to injury, he was statistically one of the worst QBs in the NFL this year,  during his short stint of continued ineptitude. 

8 years wasted on a below avg/back up QB is inexcusable to me.   
Reply/Quote
I can only imagine the reaction if this happened to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Andy deserved better than his team did for him. Regardless of his play, he is about as fine a human being as they come, the the Cowgirls should be ashamed.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Andy deserved better than his team did for him. Regardless of his play, he is about as fine a human being as they come, the the Cowgirls should be ashamed.

I agree with this.  He is a great guy, was great to the community, and regardless of his hilariously awful play, his team should have defended him

Niceties aside, he is a joke of a NFL Qb and wasted nearly a decade of Bengals seasons being a wet blanket and handicap to the franchise. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 08:13 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: He walked off the field and is fine.  

He's the worst QB in the NFL and we let him waste 8 years here.  

5 playoff season in a row happens to be the best in Bengals history and he had more wins than any other QB in the Mike Brown era. So, it wasn't all that much of a waste, as you say.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 08:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: 5 playoff season in a row happens to be the best in Bengals history and he had more wins than any other QB in the Mike Brown era. So, it wasn't all that much of a waste, as you say.

Yes it was

Andy Dalton’s playoff stats: 0-4-0, 57.8 passer rating, 873 yards, 1 TD, 6 INT.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2020, 10:32 PM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Yes it was

Andy Dalton’s playoff stats: 0-4-0, 57.8 passer rating, 873 yards, 1 TD, 6 INT.

I know his record. I've been one of his biggest critics at times. However, you must take his entire body of work into account when making a judgement about his career.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2020, 08:22 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I know his record. I've been one of his biggest critics at times. However, you must take his entire body of work into account when making a judgement about his career.

Yes.  His entire body of work earned him a a backup quarterback position, because he is a backup qb. 

The whole league had the chance to sign him, and no one wanted him to be their starting qb. 

Except the bungles...for 8 years....because we are a laughingstock organization

Im just sad I cant watch that bumbling idiot tonight on SNF - Betting against that lush is the easiest money on the planet 
Reply/Quote
Yes, because all the other Bengals QBs in the last 30 years did so much better.

Crying about what he "wasted" on the Bengals is that same weak stuff that people do now with blaming bad things on something convenient instead of something correct.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:04 AM)Destro Wrote: Yes, because all the other Bengals QBs in the last 30 years did so much better.

Crying about what he "wasted" on the Bengals is that same weak stuff that people do now with blaming bad things on something convenient instead of something correct.

The entire league had the chance and no one wanted the loser to be their qb

That’s the reality

And the bengals are a joke of a Franchise. So of course comparing anything to the bungles is hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:08 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: The entire league had the chance and no one wanted the loser to be their qb

That’s the reality

And the bengals are a joke of a Franchise.  So of course comparing anything to the bungles is hilarious

Basing that on what? He wasn't drafted in the second round? Or that he went to his Texas home team? 

Now you say the Bengals are a joke of a franchise, but that would have no effect on the outcomes since 1989, including when Dalton played? 

He is nowhere near a Hall of Famer ( very few are ), but to blame him for what the team has done seems to be the view from someone who just started watching the day he was drafted and turned it off the day he stopped playing. Now Burrow is here, and he is on pace to win two games this season. Considered, by some, to be the best college player available. Yet, here we are. So since 2nd round Andy could only get the Bengals to the playoffs 5 straight years and #1OA Burrow can't get us 3 wins, is it the QB that is the main problem or is it something else?

Stop crying that Andy hurt your NFL feelings. He is still gone and people are hating on him because he could not get the team that spent the previous 25 years being laughed and pointed at from winning a playoff game. 2nd rounder did much better in his career than many of our 1st round picks. His team friendly del the team still couldn't bring in players that could help. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:58 AM)Wire22Wire Wrote: Yes.  His entire body of work earned him a a backup quarterback position, because he is a backup qb. 

The whole league had the chance to sign him, and no one wanted him to be their starting qb. 

Except the bungles...for 8 years....because we are a laughingstock organization

Im just sad I cant watch that bumbling idiot tonight on SNF - Betting against that lush is the easiest money on the planet 

Why keep hanging onto it ? He's gone, try and find something to b happy about besides Daltons failure. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 11:58 AM)Destro Wrote: Basing that on what? He wasn't drafted in the second round? Or that he went to his Texas home team? 

Now you say the Bengals are a joke of a franchise, but that would have no effect on the outcomes since 1989, including when Dalton played? 

He is nowhere near a Hall of Famer ( very few are ), but to blame him for what the team has done seems to be the view from someone who just started watching the day he was drafted and turned it off the day he stopped playing. Now Burrow is here, and he is on pace to win two games this season. Considered, by some, to be the best college player available. Yet, here we are. So since 2nd round Andy could only get the Bengals to the playoffs 5 straight years and #1OA Burrow can't get us 3 wins, is it the QB that is the main problem or is it something else?

Stop crying that Andy hurt your NFL feelings. He is still gone and people are hating on him because he could not get the team that spent the previous 25 years being laughed and pointed at from winning a playoff game. 2nd rounder did much better in his career than many of our 1st round picks. His team friendly del the team still couldn't bring in players that could help. 

Lol. Andy didn’t hurt my feelings.

He made me laugh at his glorified ineptitude. Thank god we finally have qb
Reply/Quote
So emotional
Reply/Quote
Hope Andy is well.. good guy and solid QB with us.. actually brought back wins and hope to a franchise that needed it.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:15 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hope Andy is well.. good guy and solid QB with us.. actually brought back wins and hope to a franchise that needed it.

He’s a backup qb
Reply/Quote
Saw this on Reddit and lmao...

[Image: d2p8mcj9zmv51.jpg]

Reply/Quote