Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution For Glenn's Problems.......
Glenn struggled when Beasley was speed rushing on his outside shoulder, but seemed to hold up well if Beasley went to the inside or hit him square, so my thought is have the tight end chip the defensive end so that he has to go inside or hit him square.

It obviously wouldn't work playing against a 3-4 since the backers are typically outside of the tight end, but, even then, why not just coach Glenn to step wide and force the backer to come inside him where he could do better against him without having to deal with his speed? He actually should have been doing that with Beasley. You could say that it just gives him an easier and faster path to Andy, but, like I said, Glenn was doing ok heads-up and when they rushed inside.

I feel like this should have been done already, so am wrong about this or what?
Reply/Quote
Well you certainly will do that on occasion, but you can't give your LT a chip every single passing play. You really need these guys to be able to take on a defender 1 on 1. Glenn just needs to get it together. Same with Hart.

There was actually a tape evaluation on cincyjungle around the time we traded for Glenn and they showed that he takes a more direct first step backwards rather than trying to curl around the pocket. Maybe that is exposing the outside. I dunno, I haven't been watching intently. Hopefully, they straighten up his technique.
Reply/Quote
We just need to draft replacements asap. Hopefully we don't mess up as bad as we did with the 2015 draft. Glenn and Hart are just stop gap players for us
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't the real big LTs generally struggle with the small fast guys? I seem to remember Dumervil wearing Whitworth out a while back.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Glenn is not a stop gap, and is a much better than average LT. The last two weeks he seems to be favoring a foot which is costing him a step. He'll get over it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
he should be squashing guys at that size, what is he 500 lbs damn
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:34 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: We just need to draft replacements asap. Hopefully we don't mess up as bad as we did with the 2015 draft. Glenn and Hart are just stop gap players for us

Tackles coming out of college tend to be really, really bad - even the "good" young ones. We've been spoiled by Whitworth for many years methinks. Having Glenn at LT has been a HUGE shot in the arm for this offense, and within 2 or 3 years he should be better than Whit (oldest starting tackle in the league, may retire at any time). The FO should get more credit for bringing that dude into the fold, and Glenn should probably be more appreciated. 

As for the speed rusher issues, you'll have that with just about any tackle if the end is good and pins their ears back. That's where draws, screens, or runs right at speed rush dudes can come in handy. That or max protect stuff.
Reply/Quote
I'm quite sure Pollock is on it..... and as soon as whatever minor injury Cordy has, he will soon be over...
Reply/Quote