Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy freakin Dalton
(09-30-2018, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was the 2nd best QB on the field today........

He had a great game.

Ryan didn't have to contend with immediate pressure as often, nor did he have to contend with phantom illegal use of the hands penalties.
Reply/Quote
I'm just curious how many people said, "It's over" today in the gameday thread? I had to walk away because, well, my blood was pumping so hard I had to. What a game. Love these guys.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was more people rightly angry at the poor defensive play than anything else.
Reply/Quote
That was a HUGE HUGE ROAD win.

Every game on the road is tough in the NFL. We are 3-1 and only have 5 road games laft all year.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That was a HUGE HUGE ROAD win.

Every game on the road is tough in the NFL. We are 3-1 and only have 5 road games laft all year.

I’ll take 3-1 any day of the week. Great start to the season even if it hasn’t always been pretty. Keep finding ways to win, that’s all that matters...and hopefully stay semi healthy in the process.

To the OP: Andy has played great this season, it’d be nice if his own fans would stop hating him. How bout all of those clutch 4th down conversions and two comeback wins?
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was the 2nd best QB on the field today........

He had a great game.

Haters gonna hate.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’ll take 3-1 any day of the week. Great start to the season even if it hasn’t always been pretty. Keep finding ways to win, that’s all that matters...and hopefully stay semi healthy in the process.

To the OP: Andy has played great this season, it’d be nice if his own fans would stop hating him. How bout all of those clutch 4th down conversions and two comeback wins?

ThumbsUp Great post

A win on the road many picked to win it all was impressive. It also appeared besides Eifert, Ross was done after the TD catch and Boyd was banged up too. Malone or Core may need to step up with Ross out. Ross is coming along, let's hope he is not out long if at all.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Matt Ryan is a great qb who had an objectively better game. Both Dalton and Ryan are most likely top 5 qb performances this week.
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Haters gonna hate.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: To the OP: Andy has played great this season, it’d be nice if his own fans would stop hating him. How bout all of those clutch 4th down conversions and two comeback wins?

If a QB did against us what Dalton did to win today the dalton haters would salivate in want and desire to replace Dalton For < insert QB here >

But they’ll never admit it.

I don’t give a single F if Ryan threw for more yards today. Dalton, while also playing a great game, made the plays to win the game. Ryan did not.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:31 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Matt Ryan is a great qb who had an objectively better game. Both Dalton and Ryan are most likely top 5 qb performances this week.

I could swear I saw Andy is currently 10th in yds this week with games still going. The NFL is a bit ridiculous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:34 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: If a QB did against us what Dalton did to win today the dalton haters would salivate in want and desire to replace Dalton For < insert QB here >

But they’ll never admit it.

I don’t give a single F if Ryan threw for more yards today. Dalton, while also playing a great game, made the plays to win the game. Ryan did not.

Ryan proved today a great QB and offense and great special team play means nothing is your defense plays poorly. AD made them play poorly and Ryan made of our defense look bad. But, our special teams were also far from special. The punt block just can't happen.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:31 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Matt Ryan is a great qb who had an objectively better game. Both Dalton and Ryan are most likely top 5 qb performances this week.

Not arguing Ryan’s game but Track record of poster must be taken into account. There are some here that refuse to give credit to dalton when it is due. And today Dalton deserves a lot of credit.

Reply/Quote
He’s playing great. I liked that the announcers mentioned how much better he’s been out of the pocket, and throwing on the move this season. Van Pelt is doing a good job with him.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:38 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Not arguing Ryan’s game but Track record of poster must be taken into account. There are some here that refuse to give credit to dalton when it is due. And today Dalton deserves a lot of credit.
Understandable. I have no complaints on how he played. Those 2 arm hits he took and held on to one of them and forward passed the other were huge under credited plays thus far that kept us in the game.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s playing great. I liked that the announcers mentioned how much better he’s been out of the pocket, and throwing on the move this season. Van Pelt is doing a good job with him.
That's one thing I've always wanted him to do better. And it's made a huge difference in the games so far.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:43 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Understandable. I have no complaints on how he played. Those 2 arm hits he took and held on to one of them and forward passed the other were huge under credited plays thus far that kept us in the game.

They were huge indeed. Dalton is stronger than he looks.

Reply/Quote

The stats lean slightly to Ryan, but Dalton's stats include an amazing game winning drive up against the clock, so...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The stats lean slightly to Ryan, but Dalton's stats include an amazing game winning drive up against the clock, so...
Dalton was definitely great today. No two ways about that, but so was matt Ryan. When an offense scores more than 30 points it's more on the defense as to why the team lost. Just giving Matt Ryan the credit he deserved. It was a QB battle today and one team had to lose. I'm glad it wasn't the Bengals.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s playing great. I liked that the announcers mentioned how much better he’s been out of the pocket, and throwing on the move this season. Van Pelt is doing a good job with him.

Trent Green and Bruce Arians were both effusive about Andy Dalton’s play and this means a lot.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The stats lean slightly to Ryan, but Dalton's stats include an amazing game winning drive up against the clock, so...

It's funny how if we lose the stats don't matter but when we win the stats matter  Cool

Dalton had a TD taken away on a BS call and had a game winning TD on the road with seconds left. 
Reply/Quote