Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy freakin Dalton
Stats don’t matter. What matters is moving the offense down the field and into the end zone. Also handling pressure and continuing to perform when things get difficult. Dalton did that today. Well done 14.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 08:08 PM)MasonDT70 Wrote: Dalton was definitely great today. No two ways about that, but so was matt Ryan. When an offense scores more than 30 points it's more on the defense as to why the team lost. Just giving Matt Ryan the credit he deserved. It was a QB battle today and one team had to lose. I'm glad it wasn't the Bengals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nobody said Ryan was anything other than fantastic. I just don't agree that Ryan was objectively better than Dalton today. Like you said, it was a QB battle and one had to come out on top. I give Dalton extra credit for dealing with adversity (Eifert injury, ugly start to 2nd half), rallying the troops and leading one of the most clutch drives I've seen as a Bengals fan. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Nobody said Ryan was anything other than fantastic. I just don't agree that Ryan was objectively better than Dalton today. Like you said, it was a QB battle and one had to come out on top. I give Dalton extra credit for dealing with adversity (Eifert injury, ugly start to 2nd half), rallying the troops and leading one of the most clutch drives I've seen as a Bengals fan. 

Hard to rally on road with a player you had big time in the game plan hurt and a second Ross not 100%
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 07:23 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Haters gonna hate.

Perhaps I should have said he had a really, really great game instead of saying he had a great game. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Andy ***** Dalton
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps I should have said he had a really, really great game instead of saying he had a great game. 

If you don’t like the label, change it.

Reply/Quote
I hope someday Dalton can get 400 yards in our first playoff win, with the way our offense performs in the 2nd half, he needs to get 350 in the first.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was the 2nd best QB on the field today........

He had a great game.

I respectfully disagree. He was the best QB out there today.

There is no greater pressure than the last drive of the game with the game on the line.

He was getting harassed by the DE and still stood in the pocket and made accurate passes on do or die downs.

Yes, Ryan did not get the opportunity for the last minute drive, but he did have the chance to seal the game with a TD on their last drive. He didn't.

Dalton did!
Reply/Quote
People forget that, once again, Dalton used his feet to pick up a key first down and stop the clock during that drive...
Reply/Quote
Ryan missed a WIDE OPEN TE for the game clenching score. Glad he did.
Reply/Quote
Can folks just stop it? Matty had almost 100 more yards on 2 fewer attempts, he has zero turnovers, and received the same pressure Andy did.

Andy had a really, really, really, great game; however, it was not as good as Matty's, unless folks want to say Boyd had a better game than Julio because he won.

This is crazy.

Reply/Quote
Ryan had the benefit of our defense continually completely blowing simple coverages, and also did not have the zebras wipe out a TD on a VERY questionable call and then miss a blatant PI that caused an INT. Also when he had his chance for heroics he fell short.
Reply/Quote
Ryan is an elite QB, a 1st round pick who makes 2x the money AD makes so he better be better, if not the Falcons are morons.

Ryan was great today. Dalton was great today, Dalton was much better than Ryan keeping plays alive. Ryan got a huge break with the sack fumble taken away with another bogus roughing call on Lawson.

The Dalton scramble and 1st down run stopping the clock was huge as well.

How about they both played well enough to win, but one made one more play to win the game.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can folks just stop it? Matty had almost 100 more yards on 2 fewer attempts, he has zero turnovers, and received the same pressure Andy did.

Andy had a really, really, really, great game; however, it was not as good as Matty's, unless folks want to say Boyd had a better game than Julio because he won.

This is crazy.

Matt and Julio got some bonus yards on that last play.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Can folks just stop it? Matty had almost 100 more yards on 2 fewer attempts, he has zero turnovers, and received the same pressure Andy did.

This is crazy.

You’re the one comparing? The thread was just talking about Andy’s game. But you have no idea how to give Andy credit without getting a jab in. But the real fact of the matter is that the W that Andy got is all that matters. How’d Matt do on that front? I know it kills you but it will be impossible for you to rebut that.

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Matt and Julio got some bonus yards on that last play.

Yeah that was a stupid play by our back up safety, knock it down in that situation, going for the interception could have ended in disaster

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 10:55 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You’re the one comparing? The thread was just talking about Andy’s game. But you have no idea how to give Andy credit without getting a jab in. But the real fact of the matter is that the W that Andy got is all that matters. How’d Matt do on that front? I know it kills you but it will be impossible for you to rebut that.

I get the thread was to praise Andy and I did so by saying he had a great game; but Matt had a better game, It's not opinion; it's fact.

It's OK, he can have a great game, while the opposing QB has a better one. 

Matty had about 100 more yards, a passer rating about 30 points higher, got the same pressure Andy did. Sure Andy had a great final drive, but that does not change the body of work.

Quick question that folks can answer honestly and perhaps figure it out:

Who had a better game Tyler Boyd or AJ Green? 

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the thread was to praise Andy and I did so by saying he had a great game; but Matt had a better game, It's not opinion; it's fact.

Matty had about 100 more yards, a passer rating about 30 points higher, got the same pressure Andy did. Sure Andy had a great final drive, but that does not change the body of work.

Yeah and if the numbers were flipped and dalton got the L you would play the other side saying he couldn’t finish or isn’t clutch so the numbers don’t matter. Everyone sees right through you.

Which quarterback got a W?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:09 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah and if the numbers were flipped and dalton got the L you would play the other side saying he couldn’t finish or isn’t clutch so the numbers don’t matter. Everyone sees right through you.

Which quarterback got a W?

Dalton got the win.

See I answered your question, why didn't you answer mine?

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2018, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get the thread was to praise Andy and I did so by saying he had a great game; but Matt had a better game, It's not opinion; it's fact.

Bfine, I always enjoy reading your posts and comments. I agree that both QBs played exceptionally well. But in this case, you are comparing them based on stats, but not necessarily considering the most important stat - on which, one of the two QBs had direct impact. The win.

The analogy is the first Julio Cesar Chavez vs Meldrick Taylor fight.

Taylor boxed brilliantly for the entire fight, but Chavez was right in there landing his shots. With less than 15 seconds left in the fight, Chavez lands the deciding right cross that ended the fight.

If you look at box scores, Taylor looks far better and also won most of the rounds.

But Chavez knocked him out.

Falcons offense was given the go ahead to score a TD (not drain the clock) on their last drive, once they approached the red zone. He didn't deliver.

Dalton did. Thus he was the better QB on the field today, in my humble opinion.
Reply/Quote