Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy has lowest int % of big 4
(10-17-2019, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't laugh.  In 2015 the Bengals had a good line, and Dalton was in all the MVP talks up to the broken thumb.

It wasn't just a good line though. It was the line, an adequate run game, a healthy in his prime Eifert and Green and Co, PLUS, he had a great/elite defense. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 05:38 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wasn't just a good line though. It was the line, an adequate run game, a healthy in his prime Eifert and Green and Co, PLUS, he had a great/elite defense. 

Yes, it was a special team.  It was the first and last time that I got totally emotionally invested in them since the second Super Bowl loss to the Niners.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, it was a special team.  It was the first and last time that I got totally emotionally invested in them since the second Super Bowl loss to the Niners.

I'm sure it was like this for a lot of people...but when Vontaze made that int, and for a brief second i thought the game was over, i had a feeling i hadn't had watching this team for over 25 years. It's amazing how short that feeling lasted. As soon as Hill fumbled...i was like 'here we go'. I seriously just sat back in my chair with a blank look and waited for the inevitable to happen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm sure it was like this for a lot of people...but when Vontaze made that int, and for a brief second i thought the game was over, i had a feeling i hadn't had watching this team for over 25 years. It's amazing how short that feeling lasted. As soon as Hill fumbled...i was like 'here we go'. I seriously just sat back in my chair with a blank look and waited for the inevitable to happen. 

Yep. My head was telling me, "The defense can stop them. The defense can stop them." But my heart was saying, "Ben is going to march the Steelers down the field and score the winning FG with no time left on the clock."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 09:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm sure it was like this for a lot of people...but when Vontaze made that int, and for a brief second i thought the game was over, i had a feeling i hadn't had watching this team for over 25 years. It's amazing how short that feeling lasted. As soon as Hill fumbled...i was like 'here we go'. I seriously just sat back in my chair with a blank look and waited for the inevitable to happen. 

Not only that, but when they were down 15-0, I was good with it. Seen it all before. Then they sacked Ben, AJ scored a TD, and Burfict got that int... Game over.

But yeah for about 90-120 seconds, we had knocked off the Steelers.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2019, 08:46 PM)jason Wrote: Not only that, but when they were down 15-0, I was good with it. Seen it all before. Then they sacked Ben, AJ scored a TD, and Burfict got that int... Game over.

But yeah for about 90-120 seconds, we had knocked off the Steelers.

So ******* frustrating, what this team does to fans...in so many different ways. 

Reply/Quote
Yeah but Kenny, Boomer, And Carson were winners, and knew how to throw the football and had confidence in themselves.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:26 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah but Kenny, Boomer, And Carson were winners, and knew how to throw the football and had confidence in themselves.

Pretty hard to compare stats from 20+ years ago to todays. With all the rule changes, guys put up bigger numbers.

Troy Aikman for his career has 164 TD's and 141 Int's for instance. Would you consider those the stats of a HOF QB?

Dalton has 195 TD's and 109 Int's.

You'd think Dalton was the HOFer...but it's not that simple.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 01:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pretty hard to compare stats from 20+ years ago to todays. With all the rule changes, guys put up bigger numbers.

Troy Aikman for his career has 164 TD's and 141 Int's for instance. Would you consider those the stats of a HOF QB?

Dalton has 195 TD's and 109 Int's.

You'd think Dalton was the HOFer...but it's not that simple.

Hard to compare stats, but not hard to compare against their peers and compare their accolades. 

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2019, 09:26 AM)Nati#1 Wrote: Yeah but Kenny, Boomer, And Carson were winners, and knew how to throw the football and had confidence in themselves.

Carson won squat when he was here. Dalton has a better won-loss record and they both have the same number of playoff wins as Bengals QBs.

As to Carson's confidence, he was so confident that every time there was a flag thrown for offsides, dude took a knee. HE TOOK A KNEE. He didn't try to go for the big play. HE TOOK A KNEE.

Want to shit on Dalton for his current play? Go for it, but stop propping up other guys that don't deserve it just to make Andy look worse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2019, 03:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Carson won squat when he was here. Dalton has a better won-loss record and they both have the same number of playoff wins as Bengals QBs.

As to Carson's confidence, he was so confident that every time there was a flag thrown for offsides, dude took a knee. HE TOOK A KNEE. He didn't try to go for the big play. HE TOOK A KNEE.

Want to shit on Dalton for his current play? Go for it, but stop propping up other guys that don't deserve it just to make Andy look worse.

Regardless of wins and losses (especially when Dalton had much better defenses early on), franchise records, etc, I think if you asked any group of unbiased football fans/experts who was the better QB between the 2, most would say Palmer.

Reply/Quote
Carson had the better line. Carson Kenny or Boomer wouldn't have lasted a season behind this line. I would definitely say Andy has had the worse line of the 4 through out his career. AJ is best Bengal receiver ever but overall core including tightends Dalton's was worse than Carson or Boomer.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 02:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Carson had the better line. Carson Kenny or Boomer wouldn't have lasted a season behind this line. I would definitely say Andy has had the worse line of the 4 through out his career. AJ is best Bengal receiver ever but overall core including tightends Dalton's was worse than Carson or Boomer.

There’s a lot wrong here...

First of all, plenty of QB’s would “survive” behind this OL. Andy Dalton is not some iron man that’s tougher than most other QB’s.

Also, Dalton’s line up until 2016 was actually pretty good. Center was the one weak spot, but Palmer never had a good Center after Braham went down either. AJ being better than Chad is debatable. It’s close enough I’d almost consider it a draw.

And how were Palmer’s TE’s better? He had Gresham in his rookie year, and that was it. Dalton has had Gresham and Eifert.

Dalton also had better OC’s like Hue and Jay.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There’s a lot wrong here...

First of all, plenty of QB’s would “survive” behind this OL. Andy Dalton is not some iron man that’s tougher than most other QB’s.

Also, Dalton’s line up until 2016 was actually pretty good. Center was the one weak spot, but Palmer never had a good Center after Braham went down either. AJ being better than Chad is debatable. It’s close enough I’d almost consider it a draw.

And how were Palmer’s TE’s better? He had Gresham in his rookie year, and that was it. Dalton has had Gresham and Eifert.

Dalton also had better OC’s like Hue and Jay.

Yep

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:22 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dalton's ceiling is Philip Rivers he just needs a good to great line to be given the opportunity. Put Dalton on the Cowboys he would be an MVP candidate.
C'mon man !

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote