Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy just showed that he wasn’t the problem
(10-11-2020, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: It’s amazing what having protection will do. Andy just had a clutch drive to win it for the Cowboys. Man I miss Andy.....

Wait, didn't you say you're 'losing faith' in Burrow already, after 5 games...playing behind this shit show of a line?  Nervous
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:48 PM)Trademark Wrote: It’s amazing what having protection will do. Andy just had a clutch drive to win it for the Cowboys. Man I miss Andy.....

So you've already forgotten the many passes he missed while having plenty of time and based on a couple throws, you've determined that he "wasn't the problem here". 

Outstanding deductive and reasoning skillz.  Sarcasm Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Dalton leading the Cowboys back and winning today was the last thing this board needs.... pump the breaks however.

Our former EX-QB has a much better O-line than the one we are throwing out there. No one I believe thinks Dalton actually stinks he's just a super solid back up QB at this point.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:50 PM)thillan Wrote: You have got to be kidding me. Why are you still on these boards, you complain every single time.

I’ll take Burrow over Andy by a mile.

Don't worry. He'll be back on the 'Burrow is the greatest thing since sliced bread' bandwagon right after he throws his next touchdown pass. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:05 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Dalton leading the Cowboys back and winning today was the last thing this board needs.... pump the breaks however.

Our former EX-QB has a much better O-line than the one we are throwing out there. No one I believe thinks Dalton actually stinks he's just a super solid back up QB at this point.

And Dallas's starting QB for the foreseeable future with that injury and Dak not under contract next year. No way he gets 40m after seeing that ankle, and is likely a couple years away from seeing the field again.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He threw for 111yds and no touchdowns. What is great about that?

He made 2 clutch, beautiful throws at the end of the game. He deserves props for that.

It was also something he's done for the Bengals many times, mostly in regular season 1:00pm games. 

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:00 PM)Joelist Wrote: And can we stop this idea that being happy Andy was successful somehow means taking Burrow was the wrong move? Both can be true.

What it does show is the OL (whether it be the players or the scheme) is the root of the offensive issues. Burrow is a 1OA and arguably one of the best college QBs ever but the clown show on the line is making it almost impossible for him to succeed. Andy is a vet true but you could see the difference in the blocking and the impact - he was able to scan the field and step into his throws.

I am glad we have Joe, if we get him an OL he can become a great QB.

Sadly, the OL issues have gone on now for 3+ years minimum and hard to understand why Tobin, Zac and the coaching staff have been blind to it.

I see guys playing for the Ravens like Orlando Brown, how did we pass on him? Our decision makers simply can't evaluate OL talent. Our OL coaches can't coach them up either.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: And Dallas's starting QB for the foreseeable future with that injury and Dak not under contract next year. No way he gets 40m after that injury, and is likely a couple years away from seeing the field again.

Couple years? It was an ankle injury likely back next season for better or worse.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:09 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Couple years? It was an ankle injury likely back next season for better or worse.

He's lucky the foot doesn't need to be amputated. Did you see it? He was rushed straight to the hospital ala Alex Smith. This injury is serious. Significant they say.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Wait, didn't you say you're 'losing faith' in Burrow already, after 5 games...playing behind this shit show of a line?  Nervous

Wait, you're looking for consistency...from him?    Cool

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's lucky the foot doesn't need to be amputated. Did you see it?

I thought it was a dislocation. Maybe a break at worst. 
Reply/Quote
He might not have been the problem but he wasn't the solution either. This season isn't over and Burrow has an exciting future for us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
This will make December 13th a little more interesting when the Cowboys come to town.
Reply/Quote
Our OL is the root of the issues. Whether it is the personnel, the scheme or both it has to be fixed.

Andy had actual blocking today and looked great. It let him do his reads and more important step into his throws. The last few years here the interior OL was crap which prevented him stepping into throws consistently. Burrow is seeing the same issue - pressure too quick and no where to step into throws.

BOTH Guards need gone.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:13 PM)J24 Wrote: He might not have been the problem but he wasn't the solution either. This season isn't over and Burrow has an exciting future for us.

Assuming the "blocking" doesn't get him injured yes. 
Reply/Quote
Andy will put up some huge numbers in that offense.

I'm telling you, Dak Prescott is not that good. I think him getting hurt may be a blessing for that franchise. Potentially paying him north of 35 million dollars is pure insanity.

I'm rooting for Andy. I really am. I hope he tears it up there.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:52 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He threw for 111yds and no touchdowns. What is great about that?

In a quarter essentially, with a game winning drive to finish? I'd say pretty good for coming in cold on a new team. 

Now, I'd NEVER take him over Joey B, but yes, it does show he wasn't the issue. Hell, I said that the whole time most fans were crucifying him. Now we're seeing that our savior ain't gonna get it done either until some friggin p***sy on our "oline" can man up and ***** block SOMEONE, ANYONE.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Cowboys are probably REALLY glad they have Andy. I hope he lights it up the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
When’s Dallas’ next prime time game? Get back to me after that.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am glad we have Joe, if we get him an OL he can become a great QB.

Sadly, the OL issues have gone on now for 3+ years minimum and hard to understand why Tobin, Zac and the coaching staff have been blind to it.

I see guys playing for the Ravens like Orlando Brown, how did we pass on him? Our decision makers simply can't evaluate OL talent. Our OL coaches can't coach them up either.

How did they pass on Claypool too ?
Reply/Quote