Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Andy loses us another big game
(09-09-2019, 02:41 AM)kevin Wrote: What game did you watch ? It wasn't the Bengals at Seattle of Dalton throwing for over 400 yards.  

" We've had so much talent ".   I have news for you, No We Haven't.   With a struggling O Line and only 37 rushing yards, Dalton kept Bengals in this game.   This idea that the Bengals are load in talent is nonsense. 

Those thinking Dalton should have moved team down field when they got the ball back with about 16 seconds, no timeouts and not much blocking just don't know a thing about football. 
I would disagree with you on "talent" but Andy definitely didn't lose the game.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 04:03 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I would disagree with you on "talent" but Andy definitely didn't lose the game.

He was a good part of the loss because of his turnovers. He again played good enough to lose. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:44 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Well there's the dumbest thing I'll read all night. It's still early though.

Don't worry..The dumb hasn't even begun to fight..  :andy:
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Okay, trolls: Raise your hand if you would have pulled Andy Dalton for Ryan Finley in the fourth quarter. Now take your raised hand and slap yourself with it.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 07:10 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: He was a good part of the loss because of his turnovers. He again played good enough to lose. 

You do realize that if Bullock makes that one kick, we would've won, right?

If the defense stops the Seahawks on that 40 yard TD pass, we would've won, right?

And, yes, if Dalton had Shaq-hands and the ball doesn't squirt out of his hands in the rain, we most likely would've kicked a FG (if not a score a TD) and would've won. But, the fact is that Dalton is the main reason why we almost won.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:17 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Okay, trolls: Raise your hand if you would have pulled Andy Dalton for Ryan Finley in the fourth quarter. Now take your raised hand and slap yourself with it.

Put this one in the Hall of Fame!!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You do realize that if Bullock makes that one kick, we would've won, right?

If the defense stops the Seahawks on that 40 yard TD pass, we would've won, right?

And, yes, if Dalton had Shaq-hands and the ball doesn't squirt out of his hands in the rain, we most likely would've kicked a FG (if not a score a TD) and would've won. But, the fact is that Dalton is the main reason why we almost won.

Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. This performance was great but they still lost has been the modus operandi for Dalton for years. Waiting for the next mistake is the only way to describe Dalton. This is the exact reason he is rated so poorly by every sports outlet.
Reply/Quote
This is a bait thread. AD had a great day and this loss is not on him. Fat Randy missed that kick and Dre K made a really stupid mistake which ended up as a Seattle TD. AD played great yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. 

And government work.

(09-09-2019, 01:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This performance was great but they still lost has been the modus operandi for Dalton for years. 

Yeah, that would explain Dalton's WINNING record as a starting QB. Rolleyes

(09-09-2019, 01:47 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: This is the exact reason he is rated so poorly by every sports outlet.

You mean the same sports outlet that say the Browns are threat to win the division? You realize that most of those sports outlets are wrong more often than they're right, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The kid just cant do it. He cant win big games. When he needs to be clutch to win a game like this he just cant do it. It's time to move on. We've had so much talent, and haven't won a danm thing because of andy. He crumbles in crunch time. When it's a game like this, that mind you, you shouldn't win,but you dominate and should win. Or a playoff game. Andy just cant do it. How many times does he have to show us that he cant win.

Just no. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 01:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You do realize that if Bullock makes that one kick, we would've won, right?

I would be asking Dre why he can't pick up a football and run with it without tripping over his own feet.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would be asking Dre why he can't pick up a football and run with it without tripping over his own feet.  Mellow

Maybe the football was pushing him first.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe the football was pushing him first.  Mellow

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Maybe the football was pushing him first.  Mellow

That was damn good.  Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
You serious Clark?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You serious Clark?

Thought about posting that gif.

Great minds...lol

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Thought about posting that gif.

Great minds...lol

I got lazy on the phone and didn't do the gif.... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I agree with the OP. It's not always about the stats. It's about making the plays that matter when the opportunities come up. Seahawks QB DID (long TD to Lockett). Bengals QB DID NOT (2 fumbles, 1 on the 12 after a turnover, which totally changed the game (?) and 1 on the drive to end the game). Thus, the Seahawks won.

TITLE OF THE THREAD IS: Andy loses us another big game.

And, he did. Here's how....

It's the QB's job to run the offense and score points.

- Over 400 yards of offense and only 2 TD - sucks.

- 10 mins more time of possession and only 3 points in the 2nd half - sucks

- 3 trips into the red zone with NO TDs and an unforced turnover - sucks

- 2 Turnovers: 1 a critical and UNFORCED play in the opponents red-zone - sucks

^ Recipe for how a QB loses a game when the rest of your team easily played well enough to win.

The "look how many yards he had" argument is trash when he turns the ball over in critical moments. If he had a 99 yard completion and then a lost fumble immediately after, WHO CARES ABOUT THE 99 YARDS??? He gave them back. To point to those yards as if they were important is idiotic because the result after getting them was ZERO POINTS. As the coach and Andy himself said: The game is to score points, not get yards/stats. I really like the fact that they both acknowledged this, BTW. It gives me hope for the season.

^ The above statements are TRUE. 100% TRUE. To get defensive over what factually happened is just being a blind fan.

THAT BEING SAID:

It is also the kicker's fault, the punt returner's fault, and the 2ndary's fault. BUT THE BLAME THERE IS NOT = DISTRIBUTED COMPARED TO THE QB. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

- The o-line did great. Anyone bashing them is just a moron. Sorry, but all things considered, they did a great job. The major pressure didn't come until the very end when they were able to line up against the pass and not to stuff the run. As was stated in several interviews with the coaches and players: The Seahawks majorly lined up to take the run away and said "We don't think Andy Dalton can beat us". They made it easy to pass and Andy Dalton couldn't win.

- Andy Dalton will be better as the team around him gets better. He's not a tractor/engine pulling the team across the finish line (like the Seahawks QB clearly is). He's along for the ride. So, as Joe Mixon, AJ, etc get going, Andy will be pulled along by their talent... Just like Ross bailed him out for a TD on a dumpy.... TERRIBLE throw that should have been picked off.

In the end... the QB has more power than the above units to influence the outcome of a game. Their QB is a winner and a champion. Andy Dalton is not anywhere near his level. Wilson's team played horribly and he managed to WIN because he made the plays that mattered when they needed them. Andy's team dominated in every category and he managed to LOSE. There's no debating that and that is why the thread title is correct.

Andy had a great game until it mattered. Wilson had a bad game until it mattered - his team couldn't run much, either, BTW. Welcome to the NFL. Pressure makes diamonds. AD isn't sparkling, but some of you guys are trying to shine a turd of a game.

/thread.
Reply/Quote
As the rest of the league and media applauds Dalton (as he leads the league in passing yards after week 1) and the valiant effort of the Bengals. It's unfortunate to see Bengal fans being the one slamming him.

Hell many pundits think he was screwed on that last play, yet actual Bengal fans are siding with the refs calling the last play a fumble! Unbelievable.

But not surprising.

Fans asked for an improvement in play from Dalton, and got a career day. I guess that wasn't what they wanted from him afterall. The guy seems to can't win.

But these same fans called for McCarron (who is barely holding on to a roster spot in the league), and Driskel (who was outplayed by a undrafted free agent who played for crowds of 300 in college, and likely would be out of a job if not injured) to start in his place so can we really trust their "assessment" of QB's? I say not a chance.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This is why I maintain I’m firmly in the middle wrt Dalton. I know some consider me a “hater” but I would never have the gall to bash him after a game like this lol

That said, he does need to work on not having so many passes batted down Tongue

that's partly on the OL letting the pocket collapse and not attacking their dude which allows them to get their hands up.
Reply/Quote