Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Andy loses us another big game
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The kid just cant do it. He cant win big games. When he needs to be clutch to win a game like this he just cant do it. It's time to move on. We've had so much talent, and haven't won a danm thing because of andy. He crumbles in crunch time. When it's a game like this, that mind you, you shouldn't win,but you dominate and should win. Or a playoff game. Andy just cant do it. How many times does he have to show us that he cant win.

-John Ross having two crucial drops wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.
-Four tacklers letting a RB basically walk into the endzone wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.
-A safety blowing coverage and allowing a long TD catch wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.
-Randy Bullock missing a field goal wasn't Andy Dalton's fault. 
-Tyler Boyd slipping on a route wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.  
-The team not being able to run for 1 yard on 4th-and-1 was not Andy Dalton's fault.  

The first fumble was unfortunate, but if I recall correctly the Seahawks didn't score off of that - so it's moot.  And the second "fumble" that ended the game was an absolute bullshit call.

Against the Seahawks, in Seattle, Dalton threw for the most single-game yards in his entire career, and had the most passing yards of any QB in week one.  Two touchdowns, no picks.

Dalton is not free of all blame, but he is hardly the reason we lost the game.  In fact, quite the opposite.  He kept us in it.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:11 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Is this thread for real?

No, just someone's opinion who must not have watched the same game as I did.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:20 AM)Big Boss Wrote: -John Ross having two crucial drops wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.
-Four tacklers letting a RB basically walk into the endzone wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.
-A safety blowing coverage and allowing a long TD catch wasn't Andy Dalton's fault.
-Randy Bullock missing a field goal wasn't Andy Dalton's fault. 
-Tyler Boyd slipping on a route was not Andy Dalton's fault.  
-The team not being able to run for 1 yard on 4th-and-1 was not Andy Dalton's fault.  

The first fumble was unfortunate, but if I recall correctly the Seahawks didn't score off of that - so it's moot.  And the second "fumble" that ended the game was an absolute bullshit call.

Against the Seahawks, in Seattle, Dalton threw for the most yards in a game for his entire career, and had the most passing yards of any QB in week one.  Two touchdowns, no picks.

Dalton is not free of all blame, but he is hardly the reason we lost the game.  In fact, quite the opposite.  He kept us in it.  

Just as a QB has to own his mistakes so do the other players.

How many times have we seen our favorite players like Green, Atkins, Dunlap, and others disappear or do nothing "under the bright lights"?

Hell we've played games against worse O-Lines than ours with 3-4 string players only for them to do zilch.

General football fans only focus on the QB. 

Bengals fans know that other parts of this team have whiffed in games that they should have dominated!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Are you even kidding me?  Andy Dalton went 35/51 for 418 yards and two touchdown passes with:

...a patched together offensive line,

...only 34 yards rushing,

...without AJ Green,

...in the loudest stadium in the NFL,

...against a top five defense...

...and people are actually complaining?  Oh no.  Not this time.  When Andy Dalton has a bad game I call him out for it but this was the opposite of bad.

Don't let facts get in the way for a good AD bashing, you know the rules around here.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 08:14 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: When the Dalton Gang of supporters try to compare him to other QB's who have been more successful then "Ima gonna say somethin". The national perception of Dalton has been earned. The failures under the bright lights are well documented. If you want to deflect and project his failures on realistic fans then you will never get it.

When an individual takes a certain unwavering stance on a particular subject, it's not all that difficult to bend data to fit that stance. The danger in this, though, is the loss of the ability to take individual data at face value. 

It's a very simplistic kind of thinking.  It leads to uttering very silly things like Dalton Gang and suggesting that anything other than supporting the actual truth is going on.  And then, the next component is characterizing oneself as "realistic," when, in fact, there's nothing realistic about it at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2019, 11:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: As the rest of the league and media applauds Dalton (as he leads the league in passing yards after week 1) and the valiant effort of the Bengals. It's unfortunate to see Bengal fans being the one slamming him.

Hell many pundits think he was screwed on that last play, yet actual Bengal fans are siding with the refs calling the last play a fumble! Unbelievable.

But not surprising.

Fans asked for an improvement in play from Dalton, and got a career day. I guess that wasn't what they wanted from him afterall. The guy seems to can't win.

But these same fans called for McCarron (who is barely holding on to a roster spot in the league), and Driskel (who was outplayed by a undrafted free agent who played for crowds of 300 in college, and likely would be out of a job if not injured) to start in his place so can we really trust their "assessment" of QB's? I say not a chance.

Very well said..... he'll never win with some. Oh well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2019, 12:12 PM)McC Wrote: When an individual takes a certain unwavering stance on a particular subject, it's not all that difficult to bend data to fit that stance. The danger in this, though, is the loss of the ability to take individual data at face value. 

It's a very simplistic kind of thinking.  It leads to uttering very silly things like Dalton Gang and suggesting that anything other than supporting the actual truth is going on.  And then, the next component is characterizing oneself as "realistic," when, in fact, there's nothing realistic about it at all.
I guess the "Dalton Gang" must be in hiding this week. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 08:35 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: The kid just cant do it. He cant win big games. When he needs to be clutch to win a game like this he just cant do it. It's time to move on. We've had so much talent, and haven't won a danm thing because of andy. He crumbles in crunch time. When it's a game like this, that mind you, you shouldn't win,but you dominate and should win. Or a playoff game. Andy just cant do it. How many times does he have to show us that he cant win.

And you think AD is Brady who also would NOT have won the game yesterday. Look, it's no secret that AD needs far more to go right in a game than plenty of other QB's and, yes, he made some terrible mistakes yesterday in the 1st half but the OL, lack of running game and clueless D yesterday would have still made even a flawless AD a loser..
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:10 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I guess the "Dalton Gang" must be in hiding this week. 

Dalton has a 99.3 passer rating and is second in the league in passing yards.

No need to hide.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton has a 99.3 passer rating and is second in the league in passing yards.

No need to hide.

I mean, yeah Dalton could've certainly played better yesterday, but that loss falls mainly on the defense. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 10:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton has a 99.3 passer rating and is second in the league in passing yards.

No need to hide.

Padding stats at the end of the game may excite you with visions of grandeur but when he turns the ball over at inopportune times week in and week out it totally deflates a team. The int that ended the last drive of the first half was a back breaker. We probably weren't going to win anyway but Dalton just has a knack for turning the ball over at the most inopportune time.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:37 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Padding stats at the end of the game may excite you with visions of grandeur but when he turns the ball over at inopportune times week in and week out it totally deflates a team. The int that ended the last drive of the first half was a back breaker. We probably weren't going to win anyway but Dalton just has a knack for turning the ball over at the most inopportune time.

2 things:
1)No he doesn't. 
2)All turnovers occur at inopportune times.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:44 AM)PhilHos Wrote: 2 things:
1)No he doesn't. 
2)All turnovers occur at inopportune times.

I stated the MOST inopportune time. Surely you don't think a turnover when leading by double digits are the same? Emmit and Bob Dalton showed up on cue . Where  is Grat?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:02 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I stated the MOST inopportune time. Surely you don't think a turnover when leading by double digits are the same? Emmit and Bob Dalton showed up on cue . Where  is Grat?

You also said he has a knack for it. Meaning it happens with great frequency. And it doesn't.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:37 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Padding stats at the end of the game may excite you.

Trying to blame all of our problems on Andy obviously DOES excite you, but I can see that he is among the least of our problems.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trying to blame all of our problems on Andy obviously DOES excite you, but I can see that he is among the least of our problems.

Do you think he'd still discount Dalton stats if during garbage time Dalton was 0-10 0 yards 10 INTs?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2019, 11:37 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Padding stats at the end of the game may excite you with visions of grandeur but when he turns the ball over at inopportune times week in and week out it totally deflates a team. The int that ended the last drive of the first half was a back breaker. We probably weren't going to win anyway but Dalton just has a knack for turning the ball over at the most inopportune time.

This is silly. Both QBs threw INTs in the first half. Jimmy's was easy to forget because our defense was getting steamrolled. Andy's was a "backbreaker" because our defense was getting steamrolled.

Pretty easy to see that the big issue was our defense getting steamrolled. If not for that, the INT wasn't a "backbreaker". When you need 42 points to win and have roughly 14 yards rushing total, literally any incompletion could be a backbreaker.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 02:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This is silly. Both QBs threw INTs in the first half. Jimmy's was easy to forget because our defense was getting steamrolled. Andy's was a "backbreaker" because our defense was getting steamrolled.

Pretty easy to see that the big issue was our defense getting steamrolled. If not for that, the INT wasn't a "backbreaker". When you need 42 points to win and have roughly 14 yards rushing total, literally any incompletion could be a backbreaker.

I am not saying the team was anywhere inflated but Andy has a way to come up with deflating plays at a regular pace. The play in question they were down by eleven but the offense was moving into scoring position. Going into half time down eight or even four they may have regrouped but low and behold "Here comes Dalton" to give the int right on cue. If you don't see that as a critical play you are blind.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 06:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I am not saying the team was anywhere inflated but Andy has a way to come up with deflating plays at a regular pace. The play in question they were down by eleven but the offense was moving into scoring position. Going into half time down eight or even four they may have regrouped but low and behold "Here comes Dalton" to give the int right on cue. If you don't see that as a critical play you are blind.

I didn't say it wasn't critical. I'm just using context. It was only critical because our defense was like wet tissue paper. If you need 42 points to win with only 25 yards rushing, every throw is going to be "critical". We needed a perfect game from Andy to win yesterday. Laying it on his feet - because he wasn't perfect - is ridiculous.

If we go on to score there, that isn't suddenly swinging momentum in our favor. Get real man.

...and no, Dalton doesn't give turnovers "on cue" in critical situations. Heck, he's been far more likely to lead a game winning drive than to throw a last minute INT. If we're going to count the first half as "critical" then Dalton has had WAY more big plays that were critical to wins than bad plays that loomed large in losses. It's not close.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 06:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Andy has a way to come up with deflating plays at a regular pace. 

No he doesn't. Dude has a winning record as starter.

As I've said repeatedly, there is plenty to be critical of Dalton for, but when you make up shit about him, any argument you want to make about the man is null and void. 
Reply/Quote