Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Andy loses us another big game
(09-23-2019, 06:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You look forward to our next QB struggling? Are you a Bengals fan or an Andy Dalton fan?

[Image: Cqpj5heXgAQZBMY.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:45 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't even comprehend how you (and others, i'm sure) think that people just want Dalton out because they don't like him. 

Yeah, he only has good regular season stats and a winning record. What a garbage QB. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 12:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, he only has good regular season stats and a winning record. What a garbage QB. Rolleyes

Average, and he hasn't had a winning record as a starter since 2015. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 01:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Average, and he hasn't had a winning record as a starter since 2015. 

And people were still complaining back then about the man. Have been ever since he was drafted. Almost as if they didn't like the man for non-football reasons. But, I guess it's not comprehensible why people think others hate Dalton. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: And people were still complaining back then about the man. Have been ever since he was drafted. Almost as if they didn't like the man for non-football reasons. But, I guess it's not comprehensible why people think others hate Dalton. Rolleyes

In 2015, only mulligan, and maybe a couple other crackpots, were complaining about him.

You don't need to make stuff up. 

I'm sure there's a couple, but other than that, no one dislikes Dalton, the man. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 02:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In 2015, only mulligan, and maybe a couple other crackpots, were complaining about him.

I'm sure there's a couple, but other than that, no one dislikes Dalton, the man. 

Sooooooooooooo, there ARE those that hate Dalton, but there aren't. I'm just making it up.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Sooooooooooooo, there ARE those that hate Dalton, but there aren't. I'm just making it up.  Whatever

I think you twist so hard to make a point, you should be in tremendous pain. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I think you twist so hard to make a point, you should be in tremendous pain. 

What twist? You literally said no one hates Dalton right after naming a couple of that do. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 03:42 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What twist? You literally said no one hates Dalton right after naming a couple of that do. 

Here is what i actually said. The actual words i typed on the screen. 

"I'm sure there's a couple, but other than that, no one dislikes Dalton, the man."

Read that sentence, then read your sentence and tell me if you can see the disconnect. Maybe if i repeated the "crackpots" part, you would have understood it differently. 

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:41 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Here is what i actually said. The actual words i typed on the screen. 

"I'm sure there's a couple, but other than that, no one dislikes Dalton, the man."

Read that sentence, then read your sentence and tell me if you can see the disconnect. Maybe if i repeated the "crackpots" part, you would have understood it differently. 

My bad. I miss read it. No one dislikes Dalton ... except those that do. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My bad. I miss read it.
I forgive you. 

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:09 PM)Big Boss Wrote: If you're picking top 5, you basically have to take a QB.  You don't know if you'll get that opportunity again.  As we've seen from the last several years, even winning just six games takes you out of the top 10 of the draft.  Offensive linemen and linebackers can be had in the 10-20 range.  The best QB prospects, on the other hand, usually go top 10, so you'd have to give up the farm and trade up to get the guy you want.

Draft your QB now while you have the high draft pick, then you can still roll with Dalton/Finely/Dolegala for a year while you shore up the trenches with other draft picks/free agents.  And if Finley/Dolegala come out of nowhere and show they can play in games that matter, then you've got trade bait with the QB you just drafted.    

Sounds like a solid plan to me.

(09-23-2019, 01:15 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: And all the Andy lovers will rejoice and feel like their loyalty to a weak QB will be justified and they can be happy again. There is no one on this or any site who says replacing Andy will give a SB win to the city and the fans but my lord we have given him nine years so at least be open minded about  change.

I'm open to change (obviously), but I feel too many lay these failures primarily at the feet of Dalton, which is ridiculous IMO. This franchise and FO is a never ending stream of failure. We're at the point where we should try a new QB - if the Bengals were a normal team - but they're not a normal team, so don't be surprised when new QB fails like every other QB.

(09-24-2019, 02:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:
In 2015, only mulligan, and maybe a couple other crackpots, were complaining about him.

Gotta disagree with you there, because I was debating a LOT of people on Andy back then. The names come and go, some of them weren't regulars - many were - but there were definitely many people all over Andy from day 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like a solid plan to me.

I'm open to change (obviously), but I feel too many lay these failures primarily at the feet of Dalton, which is ridiculous IMO. This franchise and FO is a never ending stream of failure. We're at the point where we should try a new QB - if the Bengals were a normal team - but they're not a normal team, so don't be surprised when new QB fails like every other QB.

Gotta disagree with you there, because I was debating a LOT of people on Andy back then. The names come and go, some of them weren't regulars - many were - but there were definitely many people all over Andy from day 1.
I agree that there have been a lot of others who have not played well over the last nine years but when it seem that a lot of people just deflect any blame to Dalton. Losing is a culture the last few years and changing QBs may not bring us any more success but the fans need to have hope. Hope springs eternal but doing the same thing over and over well.....
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2019, 04:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: My bad. I miss read it. No one dislikes Dalton ... except those that do. Rolleyes

I think it might be a psychological issue that you take 2 or 3 people who don't like AD, the guy, and tink that's so angering that you just let that ooze out of everyone of your replies. You're so homered up on AD that you cannot actually discuss the subject without defending against people... who aren't even discussing it. I mean, you are so defensive (his own mother probably wouldn't be so ardently defensive) about anything Dalton.

It's F'd up that, going by the statement above, you feel like some sort of Dalton superhero defender where you'll just say insane things and twist sentences around until you've convinced every last human being on Earth that AD is amazing.

Have you, a family member, or anyone you've known received benefits from one of AD's charities?

Or.... Are you really Mrs. Dalton?

Be honest!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 08:23 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I think it might be a psychological issue that you take 2 or 3 people who don't like AD, the guy, and tink that's so angering that you just let that ooze out of everyone of your replies. You're so homered up on AD that you cannot actually discuss the subject without defending against people... who aren't even discussing it. I mean, you are so defensive (his own mother probably wouldn't be so ardently defensive) about anything Dalton.

It's F'd up that, going by the statement above, you feel like some sort of Dalton superhero defender where you'll just say insane things and twist sentences around until you've convinced every last human being on Earth that AD is amazing.

Have you, a family member, or anyone you've known received benefits from one of AD's charities?

Or.... Are you really Mrs. Dalton?

Be honest!

Nope. I have no problem with people who are honest in their critique of Dalton. It's why I don't respond to everyone who posts negative things about Dalton. However, there are those who make shit up about the man and they are the ones I take issue with. Dalton is NOT elite and is arguably an above average QB. Those that say he's average, fine, that's what you think and I may or may not argue but I won't say you hate the man. But say he's a trash QB, well, that's a different story because he's not.

I'm sorry that defending Dalton against false accusations makes me "Mrs. Dalton" but whatever makes you feel better, go for it. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2019, 01:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sounds like a solid plan to me.

And I fully agree

I've never, not once over the last 8 seasons felt AD was the biggest reason we've not had success beyond 1pm regular season games vs. mostly average competition and below.

This TEAM has regularly spit the bit in many different ways that have nothing to do with Dalton, everybody knows the list. Has Dalton failed at times as well ? absolutely !

However, I feel we're quickly coming to a crossroads with Dalton. This season gets to 1-5 or something, all things considered. I feel in the words of Bob Seger, it may be time to Turn the page.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I fully agree

I've never, not once over the last 8 seasons felt AD was the biggest reason we've not had success beyond 1pm regular season games vs. mostly average competition and below.

This TEAM has regularly spit the bit in many different ways that have nothing to do with Dalton, everybody knows the list. Has Dalton failed at times as well ? absolutely !

However, I feel we're quickly coming to a crossroads with Dalton. This season gets to 1-5 or something, all things considered. I feel in the words of Bob Seger, it may be time to Turn the page.

Regardless of record, I think it might be time to move on from Dalton. Unless Dalton lights up the league, I think the best thing for the Bengals is to draft a QB of the future. If Dalton plays like he has been, maybe let him start while the rookie sits for a year, but at this point, I think it's time to look for a better QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:33 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Regardless of record, I think it might be time to move on from Dalton. Unless Dalton lights up the league, I think the best thing for the Bengals is to draft a QB of the future. If Dalton plays like he has been, maybe let him start while the rookie sits for a year, but at this point, I think it's time to look for a better QB.

I agree,

However if we're 1-5 it's basically a lost season....correct ? Why not see if Finley has what it takes ? It's not completely out of the question that he or even Dolegala may develop.

Then we'll know what we need to do in the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nope. I have no problem with people who are honest in their critique of Dalton. It's why I don't respond to everyone who posts negative things about Dalton. However, there are those who make shit up about the man and they are the ones I take issue with. Dalton is NOT elite and is arguably an above average QB. Those that say he's average, fine, that's what you think and I may or may not argue but I won't say you hate the man. But say he's a trash QB, well, that's a different story because he's not.

I'm sorry that defending Dalton against false accusations makes me "Mrs. Dalton" but whatever makes you feel better, go for it. Rolleyes

I'm gonna have to take issue with the bolded, based on the number of times you've disagreed with me. 

For me, that would only make sense if you're throwing me in the category of fans that think Dalton is trash, terrible, or any other adjective that describes him as much less than average. 

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:49 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm gonna have to take issue with the bolded, based on the number of times you've disagreed with me. 

For me, that would only make sense if you're throwing me in the category of fans that think Dalton is trash, terrible, or any other adjective that describes him as much less than average. 

Try reading the WHOLE post:
(09-26-2019, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Those that say he's average, fine, that's what you think and I may or may not argue but I won't say you hate the man.

In addition, I will debate with people about Dalton on things (like, for example, if he's above average or not or if we could win a Super Bowl with him or where he ranks, etc.) and I don't consider those with differing opinions haters. I only reserve that moniker for those who have to make up shit about him.

I'll admit that sometimes I get into multiple conversations and will sometimes attribute things to the wrong people, but for the most part, I always try to back up my opinions with stats and facts and want others to do the same. That's not say I won't debate people's interpretations of facts and stats, but I won't call someone a hater just cause they disagree with my viewpoint.
Reply/Quote