Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Andy loses us another big game
(09-26-2019, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Try reading the WHOLE post:

In addition, I will debate with people about Dalton on things (like, for example, if he's above average or not or if we could win a Super Bowl with him or where he ranks, etc.) and I don't consider those with differing opinions haters. I only reserve that moniker for those who have to make up shit about him.

I'll admit that sometimes I get into multiple conversations and will sometimes attribute things to the wrong people, but for the most part, I always try to back up my opinions with stats and facts and want others to do the same. That's not say I won't debate people's interpretations of facts and stats, but I won't call someone a hater just cause they disagree with my viewpoint.

Fine then!!  Rant

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 01:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Fine then!!  Rant

I mean  Nervous if you WANT me to call you a Dalton hater, I think I can oblige.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 02:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I mean  Nervous if you WANT me to call you a Dalton hater, I think I can oblige.  Mellow

I think you probably already have before.  Smirk

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Nope. I have no problem with people who are honest in their critique of Dalton. It's why I don't respond to everyone who posts negative things about Dalton. However, there are those who make shit up about the man and they are the ones I take issue with. Dalton is NOT elite and is arguably an above average QB. Those that say he's average, fine, that's what you think and I may or may not argue but I won't say you hate the man. But say he's a trash QB, well, that's a different story because he's not.

I'm sorry that defending Dalton against false accusations makes me "Mrs. Dalton" but whatever makes you feel better, go for it. Rolleyes

I was being funny with the "Mrs. Dalton" bit.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:14 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And I fully agree

I've never, not once over the last 8 seasons felt AD was the biggest reason we've not had success beyond 1pm regular season games vs. mostly average competition and below.

This TEAM has regularly spit the bit in many different ways that have nothing to do with Dalton, everybody knows the list. Has Dalton failed at times as well ? absolutely !

However, I feel we're quickly coming to a crossroads with Dalton. This season gets to 1-5 or something, all things considered. I feel in the words of Bob Seger, it may be time to Turn the page.

It just feels like time to blow it up, sadly. Mike Brown wasted the primes of another slew of good players.

He waited way too long to can Marvin and he did a terrible/lazy job of trying to fix our o-line. Sometimes you need more than just the draft.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2019, 10:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It just feels like time to blow it up, sadly. Mike Brown wasted the primes of another slew of good players.

He waited way too long to can Marvin and he did a terrible/lazy job of trying to fix our o-line. Sometimes you need more than just the draft.

I think he's still a Great QB. I've seen him lead some great comebacks over the years.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2019, 10:00 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It just feels like time to blow it up, sadly. Mike Brown wasted the primes of another slew of good players.

YUP

We've been thru the list a zillion times - 08, 10, San Diego P.O. forget all of that. In no other world but MB's does Marvin survive the Steelers meltdown !

So we wasted 3 good years of AD, AJ, Geno, Carlos and for what ???

Now we're on the cusp of start over.........again

SAD
Reply/Quote