Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Andy played great in Pro Bowl! Fantasic QB we have!
(01-30-2017, 12:17 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Im just here on behalf of all the Andy Dalton supporters who in our eyes can do no wrong.

We would like to make sure your aware that we think he played great in the Pro Bowl and the Pick and also the sacks were not his fault.  Clearly it was the Pro Bowl Olines fault for not giving him enough time.  He also throw a great TD pass so he is definetely the man.  We stand by our guy and we still believe we can win a Super Bowl with him Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

^^Kids these days...^^

Reply/Quote
He looked like a little ***** on the dodgeball field.

Just saying.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Pro Bowl is a joke and half of those players would not have been there if the "first choicers" played.

That said, from what I saw, the defenses played somewhat aggressively considering they weren't allowed to blitz.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 09:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: *Has a pro bowl offensive line*
*Plays in a game where blitzing is not allowed*
*Still gets sacked 3 times*

#AndyDaltonProblems

But for real, I didn't watch the game or even really care what happens in the game. I'm happy that Dalton seemed to be among the most successful QBs in the game though. I just found it funny that he still got sacked a bunch.

Atkins got 1.5 sacks though, which is pretty awesome Big Grin.

I know you were joking, but there were 9 sacks total last night and 4 on Phillip Rivers alone. Really surprising for a Pro Bowl. Not to mention all the batted passes and 3 INTs. Seems like they were trying to bring back defensive emphasis. Makes me wish they'd do the same for the entire league.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 10:22 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: He looked like a little ***** on the dodgeball field.  

Just saying.

It's not Andy's fault his team came out one man short.

That kinda strategy rarely pays off, Cotton.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 12:53 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: I know man! He played really well tonight the future is bright!  Actually i just watched the replay and AD never actually throw the ball on the pick, one of his olineman grabbed it from him and throw it to Sherman. 

I miss the negative rep button for threads like this and posters like you
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 12:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know you were joking, but there were 9 sacks total last night and 4 on Phillip Rivers alone. Really surprising for a Pro Bowl. Not to mention all the batted passes and 3 INTs. Seems like they were trying to bring back defensive emphasis. Makes me wish they'd do the same for the entire league.

Yeah, it was a weird game.....even Von Miller got a penalty for blitzing.  Ajai got picked up and dropped on the turf.....strange pro bowl game. I watched a little of it....most of the first half, and a little of the second, but it was obvious the defenses were playing a little harder than usual.  No running game to speak of from either squad.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 12:22 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: People still watch the Pro Bowl? Lol

I tried watching it.  All I could think about every play, was "are any Bengals out there?  Please don't get hurt".  That plus it being 2-hand touch just made it miserable to watch.

Andy might have played well but I was hoping he didn't play at all.
Reply/Quote
The game was on in my bedroom but I fell asleep in the part where Andy led drives for scores.

It's a good idea to have the game in Orlando even though in the past the players might have thought of Hawaii as a vacay. Of course Orlando is a vacay place too.

Andy won me over in his rookie year when everyone thought the Bengals would have double-digit losses and he got them to the playoffs instead and led two consecutive tough road wins in Tennessee and Seattle. The Bengals should keep him and try to find someone Munoz-esque and Montoya-esque for the offensive line that would help the running game and protect Andy.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I watched a series from each side in the 1st Qtr. Looked like some sandlot bullshit, everyone clowning. Maybe the game got more serious, but that little snapshot was enough for me to tune out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
A. Dalton is a fantastic QB.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I watched most of it. Andy made a terrific throw to TY Hilton on the sidelines. Otherwise, it was a shift to a defensive type of PB as someone already mentioned. Just more proof of a fishy league in my opinion.

That said, there was a play when they tried to run a double reverse and it all went bad. It really turned my stomach on that play in particular. Andy was under serious pressure and as soon as he realized the play had been blown up he immediately slumped his shoulders and fumbled the ball trying to do too much. He fumbled the ball on the play while trying to force a pitch when he should have just ate it. That's the kind of stuff that I can't stand about his game. He immediately went from QB to a slumping,whiney,*****. Looking around like he wanted to place blame on another for him trying to do too much and fumbling.

As a Bengal fan I've watched entirely too much of that. He needs to learn how to shoulder blame and be a better leader. His body language was pathetic on that play and it's always the case after he makes a mistake on the field.

Andy is a pretty good QB but that crybaby shit needs to go. I seriously doubt that he ever leads this team to any kind of Championship. More often than not he prefers to deflect the blame and I have no doubt that his teammates know that. Not to mention the rest of the league knows that he's easily rattled. Not hating on Andy. Just relaying what I notice.

Boomer and Kenny played with much more fire, decisiveness, and they both had that killer instinct which the best ones all have. See...Brady,Montana,Rodgers,and as much as I hate to admit it Bradshaw. I wasn't disappointed in his body of work for the PB but his body language is like a sulking little brat when he makes a bad play. As I said, just an observation but I don't much care for it.
Reply/Quote
Coach, well put friend. I hope Ned ryerson got to you earlier. These fanatics are taking their rubber wedding rings off to type you to task on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 01:04 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I watched most of it. Andy made a terrific throw to TY Hilton on the sidelines. Otherwise, it was a shift to a defensive type of PB as someone already mentioned. Just more proof of a fishy league in my opinion.

That said, there was a play when they tried to run a double reverse and it all went bad. It really turned my stomach on that play in particular. Andy was under serious pressure and as soon as he realized the play had been blown up he immediately slumped his shoulders and fumbled the ball trying to do too much. He fumbled the ball on the play while trying to force a pitch when he should have just ate it. That's the kind of stuff that I can't stand about his game. He immediately went from QB to a slumping,whiney,*****. Looking around like he wanted to place blame on another for him trying to do too much and fumbling.

As a Bengal fan I've watched entirely too much of that. He needs to learn how to shoulder blame and be a better leader. His body language was pathetic on that play and it's always the case after he makes a mistake on the field.

Andy is a pretty good QB but that crybaby shit needs to go. I seriously doubt that he ever leads this team to any kind of Championship. More often than not he prefers to deflect the blame and I have no doubt that his teammates know that. Not to mention the rest of the league knows that he's easily rattled. Not hating on Andy. Just relaying what I notice.

Boomer and Kenny played with much more fire, decisiveness, and they both had that killer instinct which the best ones all have. See...Brady,Montana,Rodgers,and as much as I hate to admit it Bradshaw. I wasn't disappointed in his body of work for the PB but his body language is like a sulking little brat when he makes a bad play. As I said, just an observation but I don't much care for it.

Looked to me like he pitched the ball without thinking....like it was a timing thing to me, then he went down to try and get the ball. I guess we see what we want to see. That said, though, I would like to see a little more fire and killer instinct from him.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 04:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looked to me like he pitched the ball without thinking....like it was a timing thing to me, then he went down to try and get the ball. I guess we see what we want to see. That said, though, I would like to see a little more fire and killer instinct from him.

It was a timing thing but in my eyes he seemed as if to realize that the play was fubar and still tried to make it happen.  I mean it was an exhibition game and that's obviously a different thing altogether and he probably deserves a pass in this instance.

Andy is definitely in the upper tier of QB's and tbh, was pretty bereft of weapons by the end. New OC and all to boot. I'm willing to back peddle some cause I was a little harsher towards his play than normal. I thought he played decent in the PB and made some good throws.

The bitterness of the playoff loses and last season still weighs heavy on us older fans, I think. We remember the late 70's and 80's when the teams seemed to be tougher or stronger willed. When teams didn't like the idea of playing the Bengals. He has played pretty well though. I suppose I'm just ready for him to take that next step and hush those of us that do want him to succeed but are cautiously optimistic about it.

As you said, I would like to see more fire and determination but with a little less kicking rocks. This is his prime and now is his time to lead. In my best TO, "he's my quarterback!"  Then in my best Larry the Cable Guy...."Git-er-done".
Reply/Quote
I was talking to this NFL scout who went and saw the Pro Bowl, he told me he was very disappointed because some AFC players walked into the locker room after the game and did not interact with the fans, even kids. No waving, no high fives, nothing.

However, he said some players stayed out longer than most and did numerous autographs.

Andy Dalton was one of them. Others were Brian Orakpo, Taylor Lewan, Richie Incognito, Kyle Juszczyk, and Morgan Cox.

The ones that walked by that he gave me by name were Alex Smith, Jay Ajayi, Jarvis Landry, Stephon Gilmore, Kyle Williams, and Colquitt
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think any player on the Bengals shows fire outside of maybe Pacman, and he can't focus it really. I think it's a culture thing. Marv is always preaching about guys stepping up and leading, yet they seem to always discourage players from speaking out in any way. Kinda hard to be "fiery" with a muzzle on.

I'll also repeat what I've said in other threads. IMO, leadership is 90% perception. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers were once questioned in that department. Getting to a SB sure did wonders for their image. Dalton is viewed as "that guy that chokes in the playoffs". Kinda hard to be perceived as a leader while also being perceived as a choker.

He's gotta get the playoff monkey off his back, and I'm not sure that will ever happen with Marv.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 08:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think any player on the Bengals shows fire outside of maybe Pacman, and he can't focus it really. I think it's a culture thing. Marv is always preaching about guys stepping up and leading, yet they seem to always discourage players from speaking out in any way. Kinda hard to be "fiery" with a muzzle on.

I'll also repeat what I've said in other threads. IMO, leadership is 90% perception. Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers were once questioned in that department. Getting to a SB sure did wonders for their image. Dalton is viewed as "that guy that chokes in the playoffs". Kinda hard to be perceived as a leader while also being perceived as a choker.

He's gotta get the playoff monkey off his back, and I'm not sure that will ever happen with Marv.

I agree, and the Merv point is highly valid. I think Andy is capable of doing well, but not sure he gets it done in the current environment. That said, having some healthy weapons and a solid online could go a long way in helping him.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 10:33 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I agree, and the Merv point is highly valid. I think Andy is capable of doing well, but not sure he gets it done in the current environment. That said, having some healthy weapons and a solid online could go a long way in helping him.

Well I think Andy and many of these players have it in them. I think we started to see it a little under Hue, who seems to be cut from a different cloth than Marv. If Dalton even has average blocking next year, I think he'll put up great numbers. Just don't see a playoff run under Marvy.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 07:21 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It was a timing thing but in my eyes he seemed as if to realize that the play was fubar and still tried to make it happen.  I mean it was an exhibition game and that's obviously a different thing altogether and he probably deserves a pass in this instance.

Andy is definitely in the upper tier of QB's and tbh, was pretty bereft of weapons by the end. New OC and all to boot. I'm willing to back peddle some cause I was a little harsher towards his play than normal. I thought he played decent in the PB and made some good throws.

The bitterness of the playoff loses and last season still weighs heavy on us older fans, I think. We remember the late 70's and 80's when the teams seemed to be tougher or stronger willed. When teams didn't like the idea of playing the Bengals. He has played pretty well though. I suppose I'm just ready for him to take that next step and hush those of us that do want him to succeed but are cautiously optimistic about it.

As you said, I would like to see more fire and determination but with a little less kicking rocks. This is his prime and now is his time to lead. In my best TO, "he's my quarterback!"  Then in my best Larry the Cable Guy...."Git-er-done".

I agree my friend, I've been here since the early 80s.  Having said that, Forrest Gregg and Sam Wyche showed PLENTY of fire.  Do we ever see that from Marv, or his teams for that matter?

Reply/Quote